aec

Mrsteel:
Lawrence Dunbar
Hi Larry, just been reading the post on loading out of Llanwern for Glasgow through a Mr Lewis.
Could it have been BrIan Lewis of Cardiff Tpt? . Was it before CT came into being, just a thougHTC.
Regards, Allan

Hello “Mrsteel”, This Mr Lewis was just a clearence house, Some drivers claimed to have had a cuppa their, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Mrsteel:
Lawrence Dunbar
Hi Larry, just been reading the post on loading out of Llanwern for Glasgow through a Mr Lewis.
Could it have been BrIan Lewis of Cardiff Tpt? . Was it before CT came into being, just a thougHTC.
Regards, Allan

Hello “Mrsteel”, This Mr Lewis was just a clearence house, Some drivers claimed to have had a cuppa their, Regards Larry.

Hiya,
Just wondering Larry if there are still any clearance houses in
existance, I assume some must have been a bit dodgy I have
had the odd bollocking for return loading from one who only
paid peanuts or not at all or “eventually”

Lawrence Dunbar:

Mrsteel:
Lawrence Dunbar
Regards, Allan

Hiya Larry, now you have just alerted or woken up one of my remaining brain cells as I recall my first driver ( later on our TM/ Ops Director) telling me that when he was at Nelsons of Arnside they used to reload in S. Wales via a Jack Lewis who was the manager of a Clearing House based in Newport but the firm was owned by someone else and Jack was an employee. His office apparently was a garden shed, at the bottom of a garden IIRC . I can’t just recall the name on the actual firm but IIRC it wasn’t Lewis, but I could be totally wrong as it is years and years ago and I was never directly involved. The other firm that used to load many motors back to Scotland from Llanwern was John Evans and they were about the first to use an answer machine so when they replayed the recordings back they always asked their female employer to go for her lunch as some of the “craic” from particularly the ■■■■■■■■ Lads was a bit blue with jokes etc. Cheers Dennis.

Not sure where the AEC is GOM ,it was Alan Dean who mentioned it was still around but in poor condition , he didnt say where it was though. Alan is from Joe Deans haulage at Halifax

harry_gill:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Mrsteel:
Lawrence Dunbar
Regards, Allan

Hiya,
Just wondering Larry if there are still any clearance houses in
existance, I assume some must have been a bit dodgy I have
had the odd bollocking for return loading from one who only
paid peanuts or not at all or “eventually”

Hi Harry,I had just the one experience of “we’ll not get paid” explosion off gaffer.It were 1968, I had a LAD Reiver and I rang McPhees in Newcastle who sent me into Anglo Great Lakes on Scotswood Road for electrodes for BSC Stainless, Shepcote Lane Sheffield,my home city.When I were loaded I rang gaffer who went ■■■■■■■,telling me that McPhees were bad or none payers.I retorted that his nephew,a driver, told me to try them.Anyroad I got them off same day and never heard owt else about it. :smiley:

Well I used to back load off McPhees all the time when in the Birmingham, Area This was the 60/70s Era, when I drove For Baxters, Smilers, & Shorties, So they must have paid up otherwise I would have been told not to load off them, Regards Larry.

AEC magazine 1961.

Click on pages twice to read.

NMP

ERF-NGC-European:
NMP

Ah look mate, pure comfort! :smiley:

AEC magazine 1961.
Done quite a bit of Honing of AEC Liners when serving my time, not a big elaborate and fault free machine as in the photo’s but I never had a problem as long as it was set up ok. Loved working on those engines and the vehicles especially the brand new ones, always been bias towards an AEC ever since. Franky.

ERF-NGC-European:

Hey Robert,

Which country Sweden ■■ trailer looks Dutch ■■

Eric,

tiptop495:

ERF-NGC-European:

Hey Robert,

Eric,

Not sure Eric. The sign on the wall behind the lorry doesn’t look Dutch at all! It says Tranidid Triorpa Crysler Plymouta Farco - or something similar.

ERF-NGC-European:

tiptop495:

ERF-NGC-European:

Hey Robert,

Eric,

Not sure Eric. The sign on the wall behind the lorry doesn’t look Dutch at all! It says Tranidid Triorpa Crysler Plymouta Farco - or something similar.

Robert,

That looks like Spanish, so a Spansh speaking country ■■ But the trailers looks realy Europian.

Eric,

tiptop495:

ERF-NGC-European:

tiptop495:

ERF-NGC-European:

Hey Robert,

Eric,

Robert,

That looks like Spanish, so a Spansh speaking country ■■ But the trailers looks realy Europian.

Eric,

I think it’s Uruguay,I’ve seen similar AEC photos from there.

Nice!! NMP

coomsey:
Nice!! NMP

It’s carrying concrete. Good job Holland’s flat!

coomsey:
Nice!! NMP

Not as nice as the UK cab to look at IMHO.