AEC & ERF Truck Gathering Newark (Picture heavy!)

Good morning/afternoon/evening! I had the privilege of going to the AEC and ERF truck/bus gathering in Newark yesterday and well unfortunately as I don’t have my dSLR anymore the handheld digi camera had to do. But it didn’t stop me getting a picture or two of the trucks. So this is a thread for the ERF/AEC Enthusiast! :smiley:

Hope the pics are of some good and maybe if anyone was there yesterday to share there pictures as I know I didn’t get a picture of all the lorries but time was limited and am now suffering with sunburn on ones neck :smiling_imp:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Great pics Jonny you saved me a trip to newark,i think i will book in for next year.

Thanks for sharing Jonny. :smiley:

Hi ,Jonny , A fine selection of photos for every one thanks for sharing them ,Cheers Barry

Very welcome folks, :slight_smile: No point taking pictures unless your gonna share em! And it would be rude not to :smiley:

Glad they’re of some use :slight_smile:

Cheers

You’re not the only one with a sunburnt neck, bloody hell it was hot :blush: Good show though, heard a lot of mutterings from exhibitors about it being a “working ERF” rally, rather than an “AEC gathering”, probably quite rightly given the numbers

Very true! But it didn’t bother me much, plenty of E series ERF’s there brought me down memory lane from when I got introduced to lorries. First lorry I ever went in was an ERF E14 with a gardner engine underneath the cab, next one up being the seddon atkinson 401 with the ■■■■■■■ lump…when I eventually get my hgv license and have the money I plan on buying an E series with a gardner engine and have it restored to how I remember it :sunglasses: Next one for me is thurrock in North Yorkshire :smiley: Should be good!

Cheers

Great pictures i couldnt make it this year thanks for posting them

Excellent photos Jonny, thanks for sharing and I am a big ERF fan, (never drove a bad one), Mizzo.

Great photos Jonny,thanks for sharing.Those AEC MK3,MK5 and Mandators brought memories flooding back,as did the ERF E14s. :sunglasses:

What a fantastic group of photos, thanks for posting.

Here’s some that I took, mostly non AEC/ERF, and ones I’d not seen before. I’ll put some more up when I’ve time.
Bernard

On behalf of those of us who were elsewhere/too far away, can I offer my thanks for the absolutely fabulous photos? Can’t stop looking at them with a big, stupid grin on my face.

Heres some from me:

You’re very welcome mate, it’s one of the reasons I love getting pictures of the older lorries as they’re more appreciated and often the comments of thanks for the pictures come with the stories of when they once drove them or when they worked or knew anyone that worked for the company.

Cheers

Hi ,Jonny , You never seem to amaze me , Its like having a vidio on great keep them comming , Jonny just great ,CHEERS bARRY

Some more of mine, I’ll try not to duplicate what’s already on.
Bernard

The Albion breakdown in the second picture, here’s a picture I took of it when it was still working, early seventies I think, it was some sort of travelling theatre made up of a lot of trailers joined together.

Great pics, hopefully i’ll be there next year with my old mans 14ltr. :slight_smile:

What are you doing taking the engine on the pick up.

You what, it drove to the yard so i’m sure it’ll get there lol :sunglasses: