AEC & ERF Truck Gathering Newark (Picture heavy!)

Shoshaye:
You what, it drove to the yard so i’m sure it’ll get there lol :sunglasses:

paint it red with yellow and blue letters that will save me doing one.

I took a couple of mates there on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it but I wonder how many people from this site did I come into contact with without realising. Lovely pictures by the way Bernard and Johnny. Cheers Haddy.

WHITSUNTIDE

WHITSUNTIDE Festival:Sunday,26th,May to Sunday,2nd June,2013.

AEC SOCIETY RALLY,Newark Showground,Whitsuntide,2013.

Thanks for all the photographs - very enjoyable,quite a few have also intrigued me including
the 56th visiable photograph down from the top:-In the foreground is a ERF C-Series C40 4x2
Tractive Unit,GTA 870Y,of Heath Transport Services,but it’s the lorry in the background that
grabs most of my attention:A red,blue and white Atkinson Silver Knight Mk1 Panoramic,owned by BMS = Blakeman Motor Services,on a drive-on -bodied semi-trailer.

After some research,because I think that I may have never seen it before,it turns out that I HAVE seen it before,under the long-time ownership of well-known Atkinson Enthusiast,Brendan Bexton,who sold it to Graham and Ian Blakeman in 2011 who then restored it.
Brendan did take this Atkinson to the 1987 Atkinson and Seddon Gathering Rally at Leyland,when it was painted in
Bexton & Smith’s blue,with white relief,livery.

ATKINSON SILVER KNIGHT TS3266C,Mk1 PANORAMIC-CABBED,■■■■■■■ NHK220-ENGINED,6x2 TWIN STEER TRACTIVE UNIT,Chassis No.FC.12523,TBH 974E.New to Calor Gas ,then Bexton and Smith,now Ian and Graham Blakeman,Tamworth,BMS = Blakeman Motor Services:-

Beautiful.
According to the owners it “is believed to be the only genuine factory built twin steer MK1 surviving.”
I was told that this Atkinson survives:-
ATKINSON SILVER KNIGHT TS3266LXB,Mk1 PANORAMIC-CABBED,6x2 TWIN STEER ARCADE-LOAD-BODIED ARTIC,RDJ 223L.JACKIE BISSET,LEEDS.New to Suttons of St,Helens,then showman,Jackie Bisset:-

flickr.com/photos/foden_djp/6029447267/

The vehicle details for RDJ 223L are:
Date of Liability 01 03 1993
Date of First Registration 09 11 1972
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) Not Available
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type HEAVY OIL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour BLUE
Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

VALKYRIE

Thanks for posting these excellent photos.

Some more if you’re still interested.
Bernard