Advice ?

Ask him for a defect sheet, then fill it in and hand it to him, unfortunately for us, there are many things on a truck that should be working, door locks, handles, night heater, seats, radio, heaters, etc, but there are many that are not tested during an m.o.t. or have no interest to Vosa should you be pulled. What you have to consider are the legal defects such as tyres, brakes, lights and damaged panels, spray supression equip etc.
A driver should have a walk round check before taking the vehicle on the road, and legal defects rectified, and others reported via the defect sheet, and as reported manyb times, its your licence, your livelyhood.

waynedl:

redboxer850:

Smoggie89:
if it tipped over I wouldn’t of been able to get out other then smash the windows

IF you tip over, the windows usually break anyway.

What about if there’s an electrical fire in the fuse box?? (usually on passenger side)

Nobody mentioned fire :confused: :confused: ,

I was merely pointing out to the OP that in the event of a rollover he needn’t necessarily worry about breaking the windows.

But, IF he rolled (onto his nearside), and IF there was a fire, and IF he was trapped in his seat by his seatbelt then he would be burnt to a crisp.

Of course, if none of the above happened, he has to carry on doing as he does now (hopping over to the pax side) until his company fix the problem.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

redboxer850:

waynedl:

redboxer850:

Smoggie89:
if it tipped over I wouldn’t of been able to get out other then smash the windows

What about if there’s an electrical fire in the fuse box?? (usually on passenger side)

I was merely pointing out to the OP that in the event of a rollover he needn’t necessarily worry about breaking the windows.

But, IF he rolled (onto his nearside), and IF there was a fire, and IF he was trapped in his seat by his seatbelt then he would be burnt to a crisp.

Of course, if none of the above happened, he has to carry on doing as he does now (hopping over to the pax side) until his company fix the problem.

But a fire in a truck is probably more common than 1 on it’s side??

I wouldn’t run my car with the drivers door unable to be opened, so why would I spend 10 - 15 times longer per day in a truck that can’t.

But, I’m with the others in that I’d probably get to my 1st drop and fix it whilst waiting to be tipped or whatever.

waynedl:

redboxer850:

waynedl:

redboxer850:

Smoggie89:

But a fire in a truck is probably more common than 1 on it’s side??

I wouldn’t run my car with the drivers door unable to be opened, so why would I spend 10 - 15 times longer per day in a truck that can’t.

But, I’m with the others in that I’d probably get to my 1st drop and fix it whilst waiting to be tipped or whatever.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

scanny77:
what would you rather lose, your licence or your job?

If you lose your licence, you’ll lose both! :frowning:

I’m not going onto indoor duties 'cos some idiot TM wants me to run bent! :imp: :imp: :imp:
There’s plenty more employers in the sea for someone not addicted to 40+ hours per week. :unamused:

cheers for advice all appreciate it :slight_smile: , and it is the latch (on the inside of a scania) , they ‘‘fixed it’’ before but after 3 days broke again … and i wouldnt have time to fix it my self as i dont have the tools to take the door apart and i do multi drop for a pallet network :confused: … least im happy with the knowledge i can refuse to take out a dodgy truck and not worry about getting the sack, or even if i did i would still have my licence for another job :smiley: