advice please.

ive just started doing days for the company I work for and today i got sent to Yeadon and then Bradford. I started at 4.45am. I then came back to Hull and collected some stuff for them and went back to the yard. By this time it was 2.30pm. I then got told i had a daventry,milton Keynes and purfleet to do. I got told the Daventry and MK had to be tipped tonite. I didnt get to Daventry until 6.10pm and by the time i was tipped it was 7pm. I wasnt going to get to MK in 45 mins so i txt my boss and told him I had parked up at 7pm and would go at 4am. Bout 5 mins ago he has rung me and had a rite go at me saying I shud have gone down to MK and tipped off the card,he said"all the lads do it" i replyed by saying i didnt know wat to do and he then told me i should drive down without a card!! I said no and he kept saying i had screwed him up! Did i do the rite thing by refusing to go? I think i did! Any advice would be great.

Sorry but i would start looking for a new job.

course you did, its your licence not his and if you got caught the first thing he would say is “i cant employ you cos you lost your licence” and he would never admit to asking you to tip off card.
best you look for new job toot sweet, that firm sounds dodgy

absolutely you did right thing its YOUR licence,

Best advice ■■?..start looking for a new job guys like that dont deserve decent drivers.

If he sacks you coz you wont break the law phone ACAS for industrial tribunal advice

You did right by not pulling your card! Your boss sounds like a right cowboy!

If you work between the hours of midnight and 5AM I think your classed as a nightworker too and can only do 10 hours a day.

toowise:
If he sacks you coz you wont break the law phone ACAS for industrial tribunal advice

I think if you havent worked at a place for atleast 12 months you can be sacked for no reason and without any recourse against the firm.

NAME AND SHAME!!!

Once youve left anonymous call to VOSA would be in order

lankytim you are right but in certain circumstances you can i think… probably racial or ■■■■■■ harrassment though…worth trying all the same …worst they can say is sorry cant help

Getting sacked/leaving Same result!

Id just get out of there.

NAME AND SHAME!!!

Once youve left anonymous call to VOSA would be in order

totally agree , cowboy or what :smiling_imp:

The lads had a bollocking, there is no need to jack over it. Tomorrow will be someone elses turn and Potter will be forgotten about till the next time.

He hasn’t been there long and he is probably being tested, it happens and if anyone on here says their boss wouldnt speak to me like that, you want to hear what he calls you when you have leave the yard.

Dont worry Potter. he will have had a bollocking off his customer too and was probably feeling sorry for himself.

Sorry Wheelnut , but this guy is being pressurised into running bent , end of story,
If he’s being tested then what happens if he does run off the card?

next time his gaffer wuill say " you did it before ,so do it again …or else !!"

Lankytim:

toowise:

I think if you havent worked at a place for atleast 12 months you can be sacked for no reason and without any recourse against the firm.

It’s normally 12 months but there is something called ‘automatically unfair’ which has no time period attached to it. I’d imagine being asked to drive illegally would fall into this category :smiley:

shade:
Sorry Wheelnut , but this guy is being pressurised into running bent , end of story,
If he’s being tested then what happens if he does run off the card?

next time his gaffer wuill say " you did it before ,so do it again …or else !!"

No pressure from what I can see, he has parked up at 7pm and had an unpleasant phone call.

He made the right choice and parked up in Daventry.

Bout 5 mins ago he has rung me and had a rite go at me saying I shud have gone down to MK and tipped off the card,he said"all the lads do it" i replyed by saying i didnt know wat to do and he then told me i should drive down without a card!! I said no and he kept saying i had screwed him up

sounds like pressure to me , however I agree , he done the right thing and stuck to his guns

that happened to me on friday night mate,im new to the game and to be honest its worrying are all haulage firms like that? i was told general haulage was a load of ■■■■■■■■ , but the more i have seem i more i agree!

relax have a beer tomorrow all will be forgotten. You did right and its unlikely you’ll get in the neck tomorrow.
Are you parked at rugby truckstop?
Incidentally it’s between 12 and 4am you can only do 10 hours work not including poa and rest

Potter:
Bout 5 mins ago he has rung me and had a rite go at me saying I shud have gone down to MK and tipped off the card,he said"all the lads do it"…

Ive been asked/told to do that kind of a thing before, and other general wrong-side-of-the-law skullduggery. I find that if you ask him to put it in writing for you the conversation, and thus pressure to do something you shouldn’t, comes to a rapid end.

You did the right thing mate.If the law allowed you to work 24 hours in a day some ■■■■■■■■ TM or gaffer would want you to work 25!What’s it like in your area for work cos that’s got to be taken into consideration mate.You usually find that areas that are a bit strapped for jobs means that treatment like this is not uncommon… :confused:

if you lost your licence he wouldnt think twice about getting rid of you so dont risk it. cover your own arse. its your livlihood at stake!