Advice please fellla's

went for a casual job interview/written test & driving assessment. been offered the job. on my way home called into see about another job which was arranged through a neighbour so felt obliged. now i don’t know which to go for. 1st job- tramping all week but an hour to hour &15 commute. monthly pay,working tues- sat(which does’nt bother me) earnings average £550-£600 a week take home inc £24 n/o money & £10 a day meal allowance. no sick pay. 28 days holiday. different cab each week due to nature of job. job 2- 20 minutes commute.own unit. anything from 1 to 4 nights out a week. mon-fri. £460 a week before deductions. not sure what that comes to after deductions?? 28 days holiday, forgot to ask about sick pay. not that i’m off a lot :slight_smile: nights out on top @ £26. no commitments to rush home for- girlfriend etc. daughter lives with mum in kent too. what to do??

Go on Agency :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Neither, keep looking

If tramping doesn’t bother you and you don’t mind the commute when you ARE home then job 1. Otherwise keep looking as I don’t think much of job 2!

OVLOV JAY:
Neither, keep looking

+1

Take either of them but still keep looking as you will at least be earning & may here of a better job

any decent jobs in the north west then?

cheers animal :slight_smile:

the first one if that’s your only options but i would keep looking
i see drivers wanted signs every day now so theres loads of work out there

£460 a week BEFORE deductions? Jeez, I say with confidence they’ll have you working 60 hours a week for that, which works out at £7.60 per hour! Don’t do it mate. Look elsewhere.

£460 on top, with a standard tax code means £372.40 in your hand. According to the HMRC app on my phone.

cheers for that pal.

I agree with Animal. Take one and keep looking.

Take job two as cab hopping is total b0##ocks …then look for a proper job with a proper wage . Simples.

Whereabouts in the NW are you?

the maoster:
£460 a week BEFORE deductions? Jeez, I say with confidence they’ll have you working 60 hours a week for that, which works out at £7.60 per hour! Don’t do it mate. Look elsewhere.

+1
£460 would barely pay for 4 shifts here and that is for a day job

It does depend on regional supply and demand though

It’s possible to take home 550 on class two at home every night why would anyone want to sleep in a truck all week

roymoz:
earnings average £550-£600 a week take home inc £24 n/o money & £10 a day meal allowance. no sick pay. 28 days holiday. different cab each week due to nature of job.

So knock £150 a week off that and take home pay is £400-£450 a week for what will end up being max hours. No sick pay and different cab is most jobs so not an issue.

job 2- 20 minutes commute.own unit. anything from 1 to 4 nights out a week. mon-fri. £460 a week before deductions. not sure what that comes to after deductions?? 28 days holiday, forgot to ask about sick pay. not that i’m off a lot :slight_smile: nights out on top @ £26.

So that works out at £372 after deductions plus £104 night out money so £476 again probably for max hours.

Both jobs are taking the mick with the hourly rate but job 1 is the best paying by £80. If you’re nighting out all week the commute doesn’t really make much difference. Having your own unit doesn’t pay for your shopping at Tesco.

Basically the question is do you want the money (job1) or would you rather be at home? (job 2).

thanks for all your replies lads. paul- i’m in colne. job 1 is £550-£600 take home.

i’ve been looking for weeks. can’t find owt that pays that well. don’t live in the best area tbh. being made redundant from current job on 25th sept i’m on a salary of £27,200. around £104 a day. thats bloody good for my area lol. some days you do 12. average i’d guess is 9 hrs a shift. ain’t afraid of hard graft. my first job was driving a roadsweeper. never again! worst job i’ve ever done.