Advice please fellla's

Bit of a trek from our place then. Sorry.

I tramp Fri-Tues, usually in my own motor, although it does get used on my days off, but that’s the nature of the beast. They can’t go around buying more trucks so they can leave some parked up. Occasionally someone gets stuck out in it, but they’re pretty good, and they usually try and switch things around to get me back in it ASAP, I tend to pretty much max out my hours, but the way I see it is that if you’re living in it, you may as well be earning in it, as parked up somewhere.

I take home anything between 650 & 700.

No wonder there are loads of tamping jobs about, the money is really poor. If I was tramping I would want at least a grand a week for spending my life in a truck. I am taking home £450 average a week now for no nights out, easy 9 hour shifts, no stress, overtime if I want it and good trucks and trailers which are legal. There are good jobs out there just keep clear of agencies :unamused:

roymoz:
any decent jobs in the north west then?

Yeah, but it doesn’t entail driving an HGV. [emoji41]

alder:
No wonder there are loads of tamping jobs about, the money is really poor. If I was tramping I would want at least a grand a week for spending my life in a truck. I am taking home £450 average a week now for no nights out, easy 9 hour shifts, no stress, overtime if I want it and good trucks and trailers which are legal. There are good jobs out there just keep clear of agencies :unamused:

Some driver’s seem to think that sleeping in a metal box for £24 a night, is a fortune. [emoji46]

205:
the first one if that’s your only options but i would keep looking
i see drivers wanted signs every day now so theres loads of work out there

There’s loads of drivers out there, too.

One would have thought that in the more sparsely populated areas - there would be a bigger shortage of labour than in the towns and cities.
That said, It always amazes me how little people will work for out in the sticks… :open_mouth:

alder:

scum of the earth agencies - just ask the lad on here who starts Friday in a 28k job full time perm job.

as with drivers some are ■■■■■ but don’t put us all in the same boat!

who you on for paul can you say? tried to pm you but would’nt send?

war1974:

alder:

scum of the earth agencies - just ask the lad on here who starts Friday in a 28k job full time perm job.

as with drivers some are [zb] but don’t put us all in the same boat!

Of course there will be the odd exception but I am talking generally. For every 1 good job with an agency there will be 9 bad ones. So you start Friday on £28k, come back when you have done the job for a few months and tell us how great it is. Agencies lie, you may get there on Friday and then find out it is not £28k and the job is crap :wink:

Try and look past the £600 take home. If you do 4 nights out a week that leaves you with £464 in actual wages. That’s £92.80 per day. If they get you doing a 15 for that it’s £6.19 an hour. Less than the national minimum wage.

If you have to pick one I’d pick the other job. if you have the option, look elsewhere.