Advice over a job in italy

let us know where you are once you get settled , then if any of us are down that way u can take us for a beer :smiley: :smiley:

Wow, I personally would jump at this opportunity. I’ve only had my class 2 for 8 months and I’ve been lucky enough to have work through most of it and I think driving in Italy would be a challenge for me, but it’d be worth a shot. There are plenty of experienced truckers who wouldn’t mind foreign work and for you to get this opportunity so early on in your driving career is very fortunate.

scottie0011:
Read the guys signature then try and be funny will you

Read an understood. Dyslexia… 21st century excuse for lazy grammar :unamused:

Tramper:

scottie0011:

Sorry but the way I see it lazy grammer is writing as if you are texting on the phone. If he was lazy then why would he actually put more letters into some words than there are in the correct spelling. :question: :question: :confused:

For every word with additional letters, there are plenty with a deficit.
Attending a course on language skills is a piece of practical advice, which is after all, what the guy asked for.

I wish the very best of luck in Italy, I think your probably going to need it.

Well I’ll I can say is good luck to you Leon, you are taking a big step into the unknown but it will be an adventure and I’m sure you will learn some lessons and gain some of that invaluable experience that we have all had to learn in our driving careers! Really hope that it works out for you but you will need to keep your wits about you and as ‘Fastrantiger’ has said be prepared to fly home if asked to bring anything back to the UK that you are not happy with :wink: :wink:

Just remember a tipper body can appear like metal but can be stuffed full of illegal substances and you will be the one taking the can for it all if caught :angry: :angry:

All the best mate and try to let us know how things work out
Good luck and regards
Dave Penn

Good luck with the job, Milan is a great place!! :laughing:

Get your self settled and if you fancy a beer try the Racanna bar, its inside the Tangenziale (ring road) in the south East corner IIRC.
The road is / was/ used to be…Via Sannio 18.

I used to go in there when weekended, nothing to do with the off duty nurses, nannies, au-pairs etc that get there though!! :blush: :blush: :laughing:

God i miss European work sometimes :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Have fun and enjoy it, Italy`s lovely, the people are great, the foods good and the climate is wonderful,cold in the north in the winter but scorching all over come the summertime, all in all a great place to be!! :wink:

Tramper:

scottie0011:

i can understand what hes saying, probably cause im not the best at grammer aswell.

Best of luck to you Leon, as others have said, Italy is a great place to be and if it doesn’t work out it isn’t that far away in this day and age.
Practical advice?

1. If you’re paid in euros don’t be in a hurry to change more than you need to pounds. You’ll lose more on the exchange rate if you have to change back again.
  2. Don’t worry about dyslexia. Your grammar is good and your spelling is primitive, that is, you write like it sounds and it is therefore well understood.
    It might even give you an advantage as you start to learn Italian, not being terrorised by worries of how to write down what you have heard. :wink: :slight_smile:

Leon:
in the jobs section ther is a euro driver job avalable. I hav just passed my class 2 and phoned ‘pattrick’ an irish feller looking for drivers to go to italy. Ther seams v littal avalable info. I know i canot be chouesey and need expereance but to just leav for europ on nuthing moor than a convasation seems mad. Dus anyone hav any advice or expereance on this that could be of help. Wots the wurst that can happen.

hello leon.i am a little confused about this.
i know a lot of irish hauliers,not all of course.
why does a guy called patrick want you to go to work in italy.
is patrick based in italy?
is it an italian truck/company that you will be working for or an irish one?
sounds a bit strange to me.
thread very carefully.
and the best of luck,i hope i am proved wrong.
never mind those that put you down about your spelling,
there plenty of younger ones now who spell like that anyway and they dont have your problem.
best of luck again.
greg

i dont worey about my spelling mutch. the chap is called patrick and is based in italy. his companey is called PJD enterprises. it all sounds strange to me to but i need the expereance and as a new pass jobs seem even skerser so im having a go. if all goes wrong i can fly home but i hope i just start working, pick it up QUICK and make some money so i can still make my bi munthley trips to the nurburgring.

All the best leon you go for it as i would if my passport was up todate ran out on the 9/1/09 but at the moment can not afford to get it done keep us informed as i am sure they have internet cafes over there

GOOD LUCK
TOM

Tramper:

scottie0011:

If you’d had a brother that went through hell at school you’d realise it’s no excuse.

You have no idea. Plus your missing a full stop.

There was a guy who used to advertise regular on the job centre website for tipper drivers to work on tarmac jobs in France,Mr James if I remember correctly.
I spoke to him once and he seemed o.k on the phone and wanted us to get on a plane to fly down to CDG.
Just said he lived in France and the french were ■■■■■ at laying tarmac so he imported workers.

The way i see it is unless your giving up a job in a million , go 4 it ! what have you got to lose ? sure it wont be easy to start with nothing ever is . But italy is great and once the people accept you ( which they will unless your a complete arse ) they will be some of the best friends you ever had . 1 word of warning , if you dont get your money on time , walk away . good luck .

There’s a PJD enterprises in Newark, Notts. Plant & Machinery repairs. Likely type of business for an Irish man. Wonfer if there’s any connection?

im going with my wits about me and as suspicious as ever. So just to put my mind at rest. He phoned yesterday arvow to say ther is a problem with a wagan and to meat him on friday insted of today. Huumm

pleas excuse my spelling i am dislexic and carnt do it. spell that is
Richard Branson is dyslexic & he has never used a computer so you are one up on a billionaire.

and it gets stranger. As the trucks are not ready till the weekend we shuld leav sunday. Haw semingley unorganised. Anyone know a uk furm taking on new pasis in theuk. Ill go enyware. I knearley went to italy. But it looks les likley naw…

Give Italy a go Leon. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.