Advice on tockwith traing

hi every one new to the site i have hhad my class 2 for 4 years now going to do my class 1 this year just wondering if any one has got any views on tockwith training

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome markymark17979 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If you click the link in my signature or these truck pictures

it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot more info which may be of use to you for C+E ARTIC training.

Click :arrow_right: Recommended LGV training schools
That one is definitely listed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: - take a look on their website and you might be surprised to see a certain link on the bottom of their training courses page that has a certain logo rather like the one at the top of every page of this site :wink: :wink:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC and much more…

markymark17979:
hi every one new to the site i have hhad my class 2 for 4 years now going to do my class 1 this year just wondering if any one has got any views on tockwith training

i did my class 2 with them last year and just failed my class 1 last week with them
:frowning: the instructors are first class the wagons are well looked after go for it mate
ill be back next month and hopefully ill get my bendy licence

I thought the owner of Tockwith was a member on here ? :question:

russjp:
I thought the owner of Tockwith was a member on here ? :question:

There is a member on this site called Tockwith Training but whether he is the OWNER of such I do not know but I am sure he does have something to do with them :wink: :wink: :wink:

I know a number of people who have trained with them and all said they recommend them to anyone.
I have done an assessment drive in a class 1 with them recently and have booked up 4 days training with them.

Did my Class 2 with Tockwith in Aug 2007, and passed test on 2nd try. I can highly recommend Tockwith. Very professional outfit with great instructors, and good tidy wagons. :smiley:

Over the years I have seen many people who have trained with Tockwith pass through these forums, those who have gone direct to Tockwith and not through a 3rd party seem overwhemingly happy with them :wink:

Hey all, We really do try our best to value all our customers and at the same try to make a decent living.
I’m a partner in the company, my father set it up in 1971 and still to this day is training drivers every working day, there can’t be many that have been training for over 35 years - just shows you don’t get rich in this industry or he might have given it up by now! All our trucks are very tidy, we are proud of our fleet, over the past 10 years we’ve spent £250,000 on trucks! and £600,000 on developing a new yard and buildings. So if anyone says we are expensive they are missing the whole picture, our standing costs alone are £6000 a week! But compared to some training companies we are still a small fish, just trying to give an excellent service.

Any more questions, just fire away, i’ll reply back.

Laurie

Tockwith Training:

Laurie

Fancy an LGV trainer being called Laurie :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

I think it’s a play on word sounds - Laurie/Lorry :unamused:

Tockwith are superb, I passed my class 2 first time 6 months ago with them. Wagons are superb, Instructors are superb, Very professional family run business. The best £1,500 pounds I have ever spent. Would just like to add I had never driven a HGV before I started my training. My instructor Paul was simply outstanding I will be doing my artic there when i can afford to do so.

Keep up the good work Laurie

regards

phil

philtyper:
Tockwith are superb, I passed my class 2 first time 6 months ago with them. Wagons are superb, Instructors are superb, Very professional family run business. The best £1,500 pounds I have ever spent. Would just like to add I had never driven a HGV before I started my training. My instructor Paul was simply outstanding I will be doing my artic there when i can afford to do so.

Keep up the good work Laurie

regards

phil

Was that a 7 day course :question:

no 5 day course. One to one tuition that was superb.

philtyper:
no 5 day course. One to one tuition that was superb.

Just an observation, but I thought £1,500 was a bit steep for 5 days which is why I thought it was a 7 day course - most courses for 5 days tend to be around the £1,000 mark.

I agree £1,500 is a lot of money, however i looked at doing my training local to me and it was around £120.00 per lesson however this was with 2 students in the wagon. If I had taken around 10 lessons this would have been £1,200. Driving time would have been shared etc etc… Personally I felt doing a week at tockwith represented far better value for me, as i wanted one-to-one tuition.

The service and training I recived was top class I cant stress this enough, The daf wagon i had to drive all week was new and simply brilliant. I passed first time after no previous experience. Also I got a HGV job in feb this year and have not looked back since.

Simply put that £1,500 has changed my life so from my point of view its the best 1,500 pounds I have ever spent!

Everyone one is different though and has there own idea of how they would like ther training to be delivered.

regards

phil

I did not mean to ‘knock’ the training in any way or refute it’s worth. I just thought it was a ‘bit pricey’ - perhaps i am missing something…

Wheel Nut:

Tockwith Training:

Laurie

Ayup,I used to work with a bloke called Maurice(Morris) Driver,his dad was called Laurie too :slight_smile:

ROG:
I did not mean to ‘knock’ the training in any way or refute it’s worth. I just thought it was a ‘bit pricey’ - perhaps i am missing something…

I understand your view, I was just trying to get across from a personal point of view that i feel i got exceptional value for money. I would not hesitate to use them again for my c+e.

did not mean to cause confusion

my apologies

phil

I did my class 1 and FLT training with Tockwith. There instructors are excellent, a credit to the company. Would recommed them to anybody. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Stu