Advice on tockwith traing

philtyper:
Tockwith are superb, I passed my class 2 first time 6 months ago with them. Wagons are superb, Instructors are superb, Very professional family run business. The best £1,500 pounds I have ever spent. Would just like to add I had never driven a HGV before I started my training. My instructor Paul was simply outstanding I will be doing my artic there when i can afford to do so.

Keep up the good work Laurie

regards

phil

Cheers Phil its Paul your instructor, thankyou for the kind words.

I have now set up my own LGV training buisness in Sherburn in Elmet between Leeds and York

ROG:
perhaps i am missing something…

Hi ROG, I can help!!

Here’s what you seem to have missed:

Tockwith Training:
… So if anyone says we are expensive they are missing the whole picture…

ROG:

Does that sound like anybody we know? :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

philtyper:

ROG:
I did not mean to ‘knock’ the training in any way or refute it’s worth. I just thought it was a ‘bit pricey’ - perhaps i am missing something…

I understand your view, I was just trying to get across from a personal point of view that i feel i got exceptional value for money. I would not hesitate to use them again for my c+e.

did not mean to cause confusion

my apologies

phil

Hi Phil, you didn’t cause any confusion mate…
It was just ROG being a … errr… mmmm… errr… ROG. :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

What you are missing is the cost, as Mr Tockwith has pointed out, of running a professional training organisation. All trainers have standing costs and I’m not saying that those with the highest costs are the best trainers. But if the trainee is looking for well maintained, regularly updated trucks and qualified, well paid, instructors then they are probably looking at something like Tockwith. I don’t think £1500 is a lot (that may well have included theory etc). There are less expensive offerings but it’s good to see someone buying on quality rather than soley on price.

Any trainer has to charge out an amount of work every day/week/month/year to break even. Having achieved that, then an element of profit is generated. And that’s the bit we take the risks for.

I think that a figure of £1500 will very soon become the norm for CAT C and that perceptive customers will be pleased to pay it. :laughing: :laughing:

PS Just realised this has turned into a little accountancy lesson/rant. Sorry about that :laughing: :laughing:

£1500 for just the cat C practical including test or for everything :question:

I always say to have at least £2,000 to hand - just in case…

Can’t answer for other trainers, but £1500 would do “the lot” with us. I dare say there’s plenty cheaper as well. :laughing: :laughing:

I did my class 1 at Tockwith after previously doing my class 2 at L&T, it was soooo much better!

The training is 1 on 1 and full days… I did my class 1 there in 3 days though so was only about £1100, well worth it as the quality of training is excellent and the chance of passing is a lot better!