Advice on start up money needed

if you want to start as a ltd co but have just registered said company and only just opened bank account for the same, can the 8k or whatever is needed nowadays to apply for an operators license have been in a husband and wife joint account for the last 5 months or would it have to have been in the ltd compant bank account for the rquired time? any info much appreciated :smiley:

Hi, when you get the licence they will want to see bank statements for about 3 months from start date of licence to see you have required funds at all times in that time.

Financial evidence must be in the specific name of the applicant

All financial documents must be in the same name(s) as the applicant. For example, what this means is that a sole trader called Andy Other would be able to show any bank accounts, funds or even credit card amounts available, as long as they were in Andy’s name. If Andy was a Director in a Limited entity company registered as ‘A N Other Limited’ then only funds held in accounts in the name of ‘A N Other Limited’ would be accepted as evidence of finances available. Andy’s own personal bank account and any other accounts held in the names of other Directors wouldn’t be recognsied as available. The same criteria is in place if a partnership is applying for a licence - only funds in the specific name of the company will be accepted as financial standing.

looks like i found my answer, does this sound right?

chaversdad:
if you want to start as a ltd co but have just registered said company and only just opened bank account for the same, can the 8k or whatever is needed nowadays to apply for an operators license have been in a husband and wife joint account for the last 5 months or would it have to have been in the ltd compant bank account for the rquired time? any info much appreciated :smiley:

I think it depends how good you are at convincing Ms Bell + Co, in theory, you need £8/9K in the account of the business looking for the licence, but, if you have access to the money, and can show via bank statements that its been floating around your empire, you could convince them otherwise :unamused:

As a new start, so long as you can show funds in the account now of the Ltd company, they can allow you to operate with a proviso that they see the bank statements in 3 months time to ensure to ensure that you have the funding.
If after 3 months you dont then they can remove the licence, however, the above is all dependant on the person your talking to at the time of the application.

cheers fellas, so basically if he puts 10k from his personal account now into his ltd company account and leaves it there he should still be able to apply for his operating license now?

btw yes i have told him he,s mad but his heart is set on it so i,m just trying my best to keep him right but the limited thing is all a bit new to me

The cash is obviously important but you will find the clincher is a good â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  business plan and cash flow forecast. Make sure you have a decent contingency in it. You no doubt know the haulage business, you will always need a contingency. The only certainty is that the unforseen is going to happen.

its not me its a relative who,s starting, he has he head screwed on buisness wise and plenty of good paying work available, i,ve still told him to wait but he,s adamant he is going for it

With a new start Ltd co. (ours anyway) they grant the licence with the condition that you show your F/S in retrospect.

In our case months 4,5 & 6 by the end of month 7. this allows you to get month 6’s statements together. :sunglasses:

If he can get his bank to give him an overdraft of at least 8100quid then even if the bank account is brand new and there is nothing in it then I would think he’ll count as having the required funds.

Paul

chaversdad:
its not me its a relative who,s starting, he has he head screwed on buisness wise and plenty of good paying work available, i,ve still told him to wait but he,s adamant he is going for it

Must be all that £2000 per week container work up there! In fact I’m thinking up starting up again myself to get a piece of the action. Can you tell me who you’re pulling for so I can make some enquiries, thanks a lot.

Rob K:

chaversdad:

Must be all that £2000 per week container work up there! In fact I’m thinking up starting up again myself to get a piece of the action. Can you tell me who you’re pulling for so I can make some enquiries, thanks a lot.

yes, i dont have a problem rob, its allport and i deliver the george clothing range for asda {IN CONTAINERS} to all the local rdc,s, any more questions?

sorry i forgot to mention, seeing how you are taking such an interest interest mr K , its my brother who is starting and he,s not doing containers with me he is pulling steel for TATA {formerly corus} from the Scunthorpe site through TDG who run the whole operation

TDG is now Dentressangle, i wouldn’t bet your mortgage on them continuing to pay decent rates.

i,m not going into detail on here , but i know the rates wont go down on the steel job

chaversdad:

Rob K:

chaversdad:

yes, i dont have a problem rob, its allport and i deliver the george clothing range for asda {george} to all the local rdc,s, any more questions?

sorry i forgot to mention, seeing how you are taking such an interest interest mr K , its my brother
who is starting and he,s not doing containers with me he is pulling steel for TATA {formerly corus} from the Scunthorpe site through TDG who run the whole operation

You did well getting in with Allport mate. I spoke to the Manager at Ipswich and they would only entertain you with vehicles under 2 years old!

its that old saying "its not what you know its who you know :wink: :wink:

chaversdad:
its that old saying "its not what you know its who you know :wink: :wink:

And your leading question for 1000 posts is…

Who do you know? :wink: :grimacing:

chaversdad:

Rob K:

chaversdad:

yes, i dont have a problem rob, its allport and i deliver the george clothing range for asda {george} to all the local rdc,s, any more questions?

sorry i forgot to mention, seeing how you are taking such an interest interest mr K , its my brother who is starting and he,s not doing containers with me he is pulling steel for TATA {formerly corus} from the Scunthorpe site through TDG who run the whole operation

What about the details for the £2000 per week container job you were bragging about a few months back? I fear the info won’t be forthcoming quite as quickly on that one. I wonder why. :smiling_imp:

Ex Haulier:
TDG is now Dentressangle, i wouldn’t bet your mortgage on them continuing to pay decent rates.

Not quite, the EU [IIRC] has stuck its oar in, they want to know a bit more on the finer details of the deal, before rubber stamping the deal :open_mouth: