Money required for operators licence

Applying for full international operators licence.
Everything is in place and all was posted off.
The original bank statement was posted back to me fairly quickly.
I then received a letter stating that they wanted to see 3 months bank statements showing an average amount for 2 vehicles in the account over that whole time. This was news to me as I believed they only needed to see £11500 on an original bank statement and I had showed more than that.
If anyone has any info on this or has came across it the help would be appreciated.
Regards

If it’s a new licence an opening balance plus explanation should do it.
If upgrading a licence then three months statements.
You should have a case worker, give them a ring.

I’ve got a feeling if it’s from an already trading business bank account, the statements are for, they will usually request the 3 months whether a new o-licence or continuation.

We need a bit more information, is it a new licence or an upgrade etc?

I obtained a National Operator’s Licence two years ago and all I needed to send was my opening bank statement. I’d only opened it a few weeks before. I upgraded to an International Licence about a month later but wasn’t asked to provide any more financial evidence.

As Baz said, probably best to phone your case worker, they do seem to like personal contact.

When i did mine i sent three months bank statements up to the date i applied the licence was granted on condition i sent three months statements from the month after the licence was granted to show it was still there.
Guess to see you aint borrowed the money and give it straight back.
Its a weird set up you need it to cover breakdowns maintence etc but if you dont have it at all times technicly your breaking the rules so how do you use it if you cant spend it.

kr79:
When i did mine i sent three months bank statements up to the date i applied the licence was granted on condition i sent three months statements from the month after the licence was granted to show it was still there.
Guess to see you aint borrowed the money and give it straight back.
Its a weird set up you need it to cover breakdowns maintence etc but if you dont have it at all times technicly your breaking the rules so how do you use it if you cant spend it.

Yes, pretty sure that’s right and it’s to make sure the money’s not borrowed off a relative just for the licence. Also if it’s an exisiting business it gives them more of a nose at the health of it across 3 months.

It’s doesn’t seem to make sense it always seems to me like the money would be better spent on a newer vehicle. If money is tight it would go on diesel and wages anyway before it went on tyres and brakes.