Advice on fridge trl

Hi not really done fridges I was told -18 have I got to leave it on continues or can I put it on start stop concerned in case they do a printout and temp been fluctuating all night. Also I have not put divider down as it is one drop but I have both compartments on is this ok or knock one off weren’t sure if front fans were ok for full load
Thanks

start stop is fine,unless the engine kicking in has you jumping out the bed when your nodding off to kip,zone 1 will work fine,you should only need the 2nd zone if the splitters down…or run it continuous if you cant sleep with stop start…top tip for today,park beside someone you don’t like,why should they get a uninterrupted sleep if you cant… :slight_smile:

Loaded with the door up inside all one temp -18 knock off the rear fridge part as they will be fighting against each other … only use both fridge compartments when using dual temp which will and should always be the coldest temp at the headboard end.

As for the continuous or stop start it should be ok on Stop Start as the temp variant will rise about 4deg’s then the fridge will (should) kick in. always make sure you have enough fuel in the fridge if running continuous as it will use more. ( get yourself a cane of some sort to dip the tank never take the gauge as word… remember to always ask what temp and if they want it on stop start or cont… and check the notes carefully to see if there are any instructions… Cover your arse.

You will find they ( the manufacture) advise any Processed foods, meats ie ham, bacon, milk, yogurt and alike should be on cont. but 99% of drivers will tell you different because that’s the way its been done + they aint read the hand book that comes with the fridge .

Always do a pre Fridge check before you leave the depot that’s . Fuel, start and settings of the fridge, a good ideal is to hook up do pre checks on fridge and let it run whilst doing your walk round allowing the fridge to run for about 10min and check that its dropping in temp.

Hello - Work on fridge trailer most of my driving days … some places/companies don’t like you turning your fridges off so be careful as the print out will show that up and if you get it wrong you could be looking for a new job :unamused:

Another tip if your running a split trailer running 2 fridges with the door up will only heat the fridge up .

Fridge been on a couple hours now I have just knocked compartment 2 off is this ok as it’s showing de frost

What is compartment 1 fridge set at ? is your load all the same temperature now ?

Set at -18 turned zone 2 off only got zone 1 on fridge display now but it doesn’t show currant temp it shows df is this because I just knocked zone 2 off

So are you running with frozen ? if your load is a single temperature 1 fridge is fine but if you have a split load with a different temperature you need the other fridge putting back on .

Frozen load one compartment just making sure you can turn zone 2 off after it’s been on a couple hours

Donnyboy:
Set at -18 turned zone 2 off only got zone 1 on fridge display now but it doesn’t show currant temp it shows df is this because I just knocked zone 2 off

yes that’s Defrost . you’ll find in the fridge set up (don’t mess ) it’ll auto defrost every ? hours.

as said ONE load ( all same temp) ONE temp you only need zone ONE on

Ghost01:
So are you running with frozen ? if your load is a single temperature 1 fridge is fine but if you have a split load with a different temperature you need the other fridge putting back on .

but you would need the door down and as I said you need the coldest load at the headboard …

When i run frozen my fridge is set at -22 but if your been told -18 go with it, i am sure if your running 2 fridges in 1 compartment the smaller 2nd fridge just gets hot and cuts out … anyone else coming forward to help !!!

Ghost01:
When i run frozen my fridge is set at -22 but if your been told -18 go with it, i am sure if your running 2 fridges in 1 compartment the smaller 2nd fridge just gets hot and cuts out … anyone else coming forward to help !!!

they fight between each other and they start to heat up

nick2008:

Ghost01:

Any sign of Harry Hill■■?
Sorry :unamused: :unamused:

tango boy:

nick2008:

Ghost01:

Any sign of Harry Hill■■?
Sorry :unamused: :unamused:

Biatch lol

Thanks I was just concerned when I knocked zone 2 wt went to df how long does defrost last?

Donnyboy:
Thanks I was just concerned when I knocked zone 2 wt went to df how long does defrost last?

Na not long like said it’s just a cycle it goes through :unamused:

All ok now display back to Normal. Thanks evreyone

Off Topic Where the ■■ have you been Tango :question: thought your prat nav had broken down or you got lost in something wet warm and hairy :grimacing:

nick2008:
Off Topic Where the [zb] have you been Tango :question: thought your prat nav had broken down or you got lost in something wet warm and hairy :grimacing:

Was on holiday the other week, still about mate :sunglasses: :sunglasses: