Advice on drivers hours TIA

Hi
I’m after some advice on drivers hours as I’m getting a little confused . I thought I knew them well until recently .

I have my weekend break in the week wed-thurs normally .
Now
Q1…if I have done two 10hr drives on the Monday & Tuesday does my weekend break clear my hours , so I can start a fresh on the Friday & do more 10hrs on the Saturday & Sunday ■■? I.e is it based on a fixed week or a rolling week as my break is in the middle of a week ■■?

Q2… if I’ve done a 13 hour day with 10 hours driving in it , am I able to take a 9 hr break and crack on . As to me that would have to be an 11 hr break , as surely I would then be doing a 12 hour drive in a 24 hr day ■■?

Q3… is the 15 hr days a fixed week or rolling week . As surely if it was a fixed week , if I started my week on a Thursday & done three 15 hr days on fri , sat & sun , I then can’t do more on the Monday as surely that would be too many 15s in a week . But as a fixed week it wouldn’t .

Sorry to be a pain but I don’t want to get caught out at all

TIA

Regards number 1 can do 10 hrs driving mon amd tuseday.
Rule for 10 hrs it is twice a week. On a fixed week mon to mon.
So.you do your 10 hours over any 2 days in a week
You can’t do anymore untill the Monday again
Even if you have your days off weekly rest during the week it doesn’t reset
Say you do 10 hrs mon 10 tue then off we’d thur fri back in sat you can’t do 10 again untill mon if that makes sense.

edd1974:
Say you do 10 hrs mon 10 tue then off we’d thur fri back in sat you can’t do 10 again untill mon if that makes sense.

Makes sense thank you . What is confusing me here though is that if I restart my week on a Friday and then do a 10 hr drive on the sat & sun , surely I can’t then do more 10hr drives on the mon & tues as the fixed week has restarted at 00.01 mon morning ■■?

This would be four 10hr drives in a row …

Richardsims:

edd1974:

Makes sense thank you . What is confusing me here though is that if I restart my week on a Friday and then do a 10 hr drive on the sat & sun , surely I can’t then do more 10hr drives on the mon & tues as the fixed week has restarted at 00.01 mon morning ■■?

This would be four 10hr drives in a row …

I’m sure you can, I understand it as everything restarts at 00.01 Monday apart from not allowed to work more than 6 shifts.

Q1 2 10hr drives in fixed week, so you can do 4 10hr drives back to back if your weekly rest is midweek.
Q2 Daily rest, even a reduced rest resets the 24 hr clock.
Q3. You can reduce 3 times between weekly rests

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Technically you could do 10x4 driving sat sun mon tue.

edd1974:

Absolutely correct. Saturday and Sunday are in fixed week 1, Monday and Tuesday are in fixed week 2.

…but not every week obviously.

Thanks for all your help , much appreciated .

One last thing ref 15 hr days . It’s 3 a week , but with my break in the week again , am I allowed to technically do fri sat sun then mon tue wed all as 15s as it crosses the end of the fixed week . It seems to much to me

Thi

Harry Monk:

edd1974:

Absolutely correct. Saturday and Sunday are in fixed week 1, Monday and Tuesday are in fixed week 2.

Isn’t it ridiculous, hours rules are there for everyone’s safety and to make sure driver gets suitable rest, yet this is allowed to happen.

It should be reset when you have had your weekly rest whatever days of the week

Richardsims:
Thanks for all your help , much appreciated .

One last thing ref 15 hr days . It’s 3 a week , but with my break in the week again , am I allowed to technically do fri sat sun then mon tue wed all as 15s as it crosses the end of the fixed week . It seems to much to me

Thi

No, because reduced daily rests fall between weekly rest periods, not in fixed weeks.

Richardsims:
Hi
I’m after some advice on drivers hours as I’m getting a little confused . I thought I knew them well until recently .

I have my weekend break in the week wed-thurs normally .
Now
Q1…if I have done two 10hr drives on the Monday & Tuesday does my weekend break clear my hours , so I can start a fresh on the Friday & do more 10hrs on the Saturday & Sunday ■■? I.e is it based on a fixed week or a rolling week as my break is in the middle of a week ■■?
You can have 2 extended driving shifts per fixed week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday), so if you did 10 hour drives on Monday and Tuesday you would not be able to do another 10 hour drive until the following Monday.

However if you did two 10 hour drivers between Friday and Sunday you could do another two 10 hour drives on Monday and Tuesday of the following week.

Q2… if I’ve done a 13 hour day with 10 hours driving in it , am I able to take a 9 hr break and crack on . As to me that would have to be an 11 hr break , as surely I would then be doing a 12 hour drive in a 24 hr day ■■?
You can legally do a 10 hour drive then have a 9 hour reduced daily rest period.

I’m assuming you’re on EU regulations so a new period of 24 hours begins when you’ve completed a daily rest period, it’s not like UK domestic regulations where a 24 hour period is actually 24 hours.

Q3… is the 15 hr days a fixed week or rolling week . As surely if it was a fixed week , if I started my week on a Thursday & done three 15 hr days on fri , sat & sun , I then can’t do more on the Monday as surely that would be too many 15s in a week . But as a fixed week it wouldn’t .
You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods (15 hour shifts) between weekly rest periods, so when you’ve had your weekly rest period on Wednesday/Thursday you can then have another 3 reduced daily rest periods before the next weekly rest period.

The rule is:

• Two 10 hour driving shifts per fixed week.
  • Three reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods.

Herding…

Cats would be easier.

Fixed week, rolling week, bollox week, last week, this week, that week, the other week, yes no maybe perhaps grey area you can on Sundays 00.01 23.59 wotta ■■■■■■■ joke! :open_mouth:

They have to make it easier than it is.

1968kg:

You can do that every week depending on when you take your weekly rest period. Take it on a Wed/Thu and you can do that for the rest of eternity.

Conor:

1968kg:

You can do that every week depending on when you take your weekly rest period. Take it on a Wed/Thu and you can do that for the rest of eternity.

I think not.
Week 1 Sun and Sat.
Week 2 Mon and Tue.
Next available ten is in week 3 isn’t it? You can’t do Sun and Sat on week 2.
You can only do Sat to Tues tens in weeks 3 and 4. Not in 3 and 4.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

not being funny mate but unless this job REALLY suits your lifestyle I would be looking for another one.

edd1974:

Conor:

1968kg:

No you can’t do that every week, remember extended driving shifts are counted in the fixed week :wink:

If you do 10 hours driving on Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday you cannot legally do 10 hours driving on the following Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday because that would be four 10 hour drives in the same fixed week (Monday Tuesday Saturday and Sunday).

Thanks for all your help and advice , in a nutshell

it’s 3 15 hour days between 2 weekend breaks
and
2 10 hr drives in a fixed week …

What about the scenario when you do a 10 hr drive in a 13 hr day . Can you take a 9hr break and crack on , or does it need to be an 11 h break . Surely if you started after a 9 you would accumulate 12 hours driving in a 24 hr spread ■■?

Tia

Richardsims:
What about the scenario when you do a 10 hr drive in a 13 hr day . Can you take a 9hr break and crack on , or does it need to be an 11 h break . Surely if you started after a 9 you would accumulate 12 hours driving in a 24 hr spread ■■?

You can crack on after 9 hours off after a 10 hour drive, no problem.

Richardsims:

tachograph:

Richardsims:
You can legally do a 10 hour drive then have a 9 hour reduced daily rest period.

I’m assuming you’re on EU regulations so a new period of 24 hours begins when you’ve completed a daily rest period, it’s not like UK domestic regulations where a 24 hour period is actually 24 hours.

Sent from my mobile.