Advice on drivers hours TIA

Also, you can do more than six shifts between weekly rests

Conor:

1968kg:
…but not every week obviously.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

You can do that every week depending on when you take your weekly rest period. Take it on a Wed/Thu and you can do that for the rest of eternity.

If only there was some sort of certificate of professional competence we could do to weed out the idiots eh?

the maoster:
If only there was some sort of certificate of professional competence we could do to weed out the idiots eh?

Richardsims:
Hi
I’m after some advice on drivers hours as I’m getting a little confused . I thought I knew them well until recently .

I have my weekend break in the week wed-thurs normally .
Now
Q1…if I have done two 10hr drives on the Monday & Tuesday does my weekend break clear my hours , so I can start a fresh on the Friday & do more 10hrs on the Saturday & Sunday ■■? I.e is it based on a fixed week or a rolling week as my break is in the middle of a week ■■?

Q2… if I’ve done a 13 hour day with 10 hours driving in it , am I able to take a 9 hr break and crack on . As to me that would have to be an 11 hr break , as surely I would then be doing a 12 hour drive in a 24 hr day ■■?

Q3… is the 15 hr days a fixed week or rolling week . As surely if it was a fixed week , if I started my week on a Thursday & done three 15 hr days on fri , sat & sun , I then can’t do more on the Monday as surely that would be too many 15s in a week . But as a fixed week it wouldn’t .

Sorry to be a pain but I don’t want to get caught out at all TIA

When you take a weekly rest remember everything gets reset except…

The amount of hours that you work regarding total driving and working hours.

So if you take your weekly rest midweek as I tend to, make sure that in the part of working week A and working week B that are in the calendar week in question i.e. Mon to Sun you don’t exceed the 60 hours working time and 56 hours driving. Of course over two calendar weeks make sure that you don’t exceed the 90 hours driving too.

In simple terms Total driving and working time for a week work on calendar weeks, the other stuff 9 hour rests etc work on your working week which of course could be up to 6 consecutive days at any time.

I know its confusing but that is the best way.

Another tip. If you are likely to max out, use POA as much as possible but remember POA can reset your tacho so keep a note of how much POA you have taken during the day otherwise you’ll get an infringement. e.g so you took a 15 min rest after 2hr 45 min driving. then did an hours driving and put it on POA for 35 minutes. Your actual driving will be 3hr 45min but the bloody tacho will show it as resetting to zero. So guess what after 46 mins further driving you’ll get an infringement but the tacho won’t warn you. It’s the only downside of it.

If your gaffer doesn’t mind a lot of use of ‘rest’ than use that instead to play safe but often you’ll get them whingeing about a lot of rest time so that’s why I suggest POA.

Just drive all the hours you want until vosa flag you up. Tell them you sat 5 health and safety single modules to get your cpc as there was no compulsary way to gain your cpc so unfortunately you were not trained in new driver regulations.

the maoster:

They’re is.
From memory CSE, GCSE or even perhaps A levels
Those who have neither tend to be sat in a truck 15 hours a day.

The word neither implies a choice of two, you gave three. I guess that sorts your educational standards out then!

the maoster:
The word neither implies a choice of two, you gave three. I guess that sorts your educational standards out then!

You got the harder one, but left alone the open “they’re is” goal.
Penalty points for missing that, but a bonus for getting the difficult one.
Anyone care to comment on the “missing” Oxford comma in the list?

Franglais:

the maoster:

Like any child desperate for any sort of attention this creature often leaves deliberate mistakes in its text, in the hope that someone will engage with it.

the maoster:

Franglais:

the maoster:

Like any child desperate for any sort of attention this creature often leaves deliberate mistakes in its text, in the hope that someone will engage with it.

Ah.
'Nuff said.

Franglais:

the maoster:

Hmmm, ok, we’re not talking about the Grocers apostrophe here, obvs, so it’s gotta be the one after GCSE is missing?
They’re is.
From memory CSE, GCSE**,** or even perhaps A levels
Those who have neither tend to be sat in a truck 15 hours a day.
BTW Chester, I like (most :wink: ) of your posts so this is not, in any way, personal :slight_smile:

How’d I do?