ADR 5 Day

Anyone done a 5 day adr course recently on core tanks and packages- wondered what to expect cheers folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You learn about packages on the first 3 days, 4th day is test on packages, 5th day is tanks with a test at the end!!!

From what I remember when I did my last ADR course, although I didn’t do tanks!! There was one guy on our course that was doing tanks… :unamused:

Thanks matey, Tests eek !! Lol

Bongobus11:

The test’s aren’t too bad, its a tick test, you’re given around 4 choices, you just have to tick the correct one… or maybe two… lol

You also have to do first aid…Which is fun!!!

In France it’s 7 days total ( 3 base 4 tanks ) and costs 1554.00 euros . Around £ 1305.

OwenMoney:
In France it’s 7 days total ( 3 base 4 tanks ) and costs 1554.00 euros . Around £ 845 .

[emoji106]

Stephenjp:

Bongobus11:

The test’s aren’t too bad, its a tick test, you’re given around 4 choices, you just have to tick the correct one… or maybe two… lol

You also have to do first aid…Which is fun!!!

First Aid [emoji1787]

Bongobus11:
Anyone done a 5 day adr course recently on core tanks and packages- wondered what to expect cheers folks

Don’t worry if you fall asleep while watching the YouTube videos of tanker accidents, or listening to the class bore drone on and on, as the instructor will tell you the answers during the final day exam.

idrive:

Bongobus11:

Don’t worry if you fall asleep while watching the YouTube videos of tanker accidents, or listening to the class bore drone on and on, as the instructor will tell you the answers during the final day exam.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

OwenMoney:
1554.00 euros . Around £ 845 .

■■■■ me I’ll give you £845 any day if you’ll give me anything close to 1500 yoyos!! 1.84 exchange rate? [emoji1787]

stu675:

OwenMoney:
1554.00 euros . Around £ 845 .

[zb] me I’ll give you £845 any day if you’ll give me anything close to 1500 yoyos!! 1.84 exchange rate? [emoji1787]

Indeed. 1554.00 is 1305 pounds at 0.8421

idrive:
the instructor will tell you the answers during the final day exam.

Just to be clear, for anyone tempted to take that seriously, that’s not how it is, I certainly don’t do that and neither does TN ADR guru Diesel Dave.

Zac_A:

idrive:

Just to be clear, for anyone tempted to take that seriously, that’s not how it is, I certainly don’t do that and neither does TN ADR guru Diesel Dave.

Was idrive putting out the rod for a catch [emoji1787] either way my intention is to learn and understand the content, put me in good stead for the future

Zac_A:

idrive:

In France, you do the course, then the exams and they collect your papers.

Then, the prof goes through the same test so the exam can be discussed and a candidate can see how they have done.

It’s not a cheat here.

Sorry for the sidetrack - can it still be done online? Like the initial dcpc (theory) - self study and then go to test center for the test

ETS:
Sorry for the sidetrack - can it still be done online? Like the initial dcpc (theory) - self study and then go to test center for the test

I would say doubtful if has practical elements like first aid and extinguisher training

It was being done by zoom for the course with in person for exams but I do not know if that was a just a temporary covid thing

Bongobus11:

ETS:

I would say doubtful if has practical elements like first aid and extinguisher training

An ADR course can be done online, and this includes SQA permitted variations (additional paper exercises) instead of the normal practical elements.

Self study isn’t an option for an ADR course, the rules from the DfT and therefore SQA are that a candidate must attend an SQA approved course which is run by an SQA approved instructor.

However, if an ADR course is run ‘remotely’ (Eg by Zoom) all candidates must attend an SQA approved premises in order to take their exams.

The exams can be either online or paper based, but this depends on how the provider wishes to conduct the exams.

As for can the tuition still be done online? (Eg by Zoom) I taught a one-day ‘additional’ module only last Monday (8th Nov,) which allowed me to teach by Zoom whilst wearing my slippers in the comfort of my own home at home and at a distance of 150ish miles from the normal classroom. :smiley:

Zac_A:

idrive:

I can only comment on my experience of a 5 day course, and that’s exactly how it went, albeit in a subtle hovering over your shoulder and asking you if you are sure you want to put that answer, kind of way.

Priorities were ■■■ breaks, early finishes, and protecting the 99% pass rate. One percent are beyond help apparently.

Bongobus11:

Zac_A:

idrive:

Was idrive putting out the rod for a catch [emoji1787] either way my intention is to learn and understand the content, put me in good stead for the future

Just my own experience mate, I must have picked a bad one.
The course itself was quite interesting in a general knowledge kind of way, but would have left me lacking if I was actually going on to ADR work.
Personally I have never used it and it was a waste of £500.