added to the user agreement today

DonutUK:
But then i suppose this place does have 2 sets of rules…those for people who are mates with members of the admin team, and then those for everybody else.

There we go you have already chucked the towel in on this bicker trying to hide behind that comment.

I know when rikki has said…

Rikki-UK:
We are fully aware that some of the more prolific posters will spit thier dummies out and vow never to darken our doorstep again- and we will miss them (briefly) and move on.

TruckNet is not a free for all, and never will be, and those that cannot accept that need to move on with their lives and go elsewhere

I’m more than aware that I’m included in this comment the same as you and everyone else. The admin and mods don’t show favouritism to anybody.

lets be very clear here , just because anyone has a lot of posts to their name doesnt mean to say they add value to the forums, I would rather 1 constructive post than 100 supposedly funny one liners, yes there is a place for banter and that will continue… but the main point is we will get these forums back on topic and on track

And if by doing so we lose some of the more prolific posters and drop a few thousand page views we will live with that, the credibility of the forums is worth far more than a few 100 crap posts.

We were asked to back off moderating the forums and we did, It didnt work as shown by recent events, so now we go back to what has worked for over 10 years.

The only answer that anyone will get from now on- is if you dont like it, dont come here.

You choose to use this site- no one forces you too , if you dont like it dont come here. I dont like peanut butter so I dont eat it- and cant understand anyone would force it down their neck just to be awkward.

Rikki-UK:
lets be very clear here , just because anyone has a lot of posts to their name doesnt mean to say they add value to the forums, I would rather 1 constructive post than 100 supposedly funny one liners, yes there is a place for banter and that will continue… but the main point is we will get these forums back on topic and on track

And if by doing so we lose some of the more prolific posters and drop a few thousand page views we will live with that, the credibility of the forums is worth far more than a few 100 crap posts.

We were asked to back off moderating the forums and we did, It didnt work as shown by recent events, so now we go back to what has worked for over 10 years.

The only answer that anyone will get from now on- is if you dont like it, dont come here.

You choose to use this site- no one forces you too , if you dont like it dont come here. I dont like peanut butter so I dont eat it- and cant understand anyone would force it down their neck just to be awkward.

A very immature attitude. And this from the site that purports to represent the voice of truck drivers across the country!

But, bottom line is that its your trainset so up to you how people play with it.

However, not one explanation has been forthcoming as to why one member has been driven from the forums by homophobic abuse? Why was that allowed to happen? Regardless of whether you like the forummer in question or not, it has to be a sad sad day when anyone decides they cannot use this place due to the lack of action from the admin team concerning abuse which is actually illegal!
And yet you now want to clamp down on “off topic” postings!

Maybe a rethink on priorities is needed?

Rikki-UK:
your comments here…

I can live with it…

Rikki-UK:
your comments here…

About [zb]ing time to.

DonutUK:
A very immature attitude. And this from the site that purports to represent the voice of truck drivers across the country!

But, bottom line is that its your trainset so up to you how people play with it.

However, not one explanation has been forthcoming as to why one member has been driven from the forums by homophobic abuse? Why was that allowed to happen? Regardless of whether you like the forummer in question or not, it has to be a sad sad day when anyone decides they cannot use this place due to the lack of action from the admin team concerning abuse which is actually illegal!

Ever thought that is one of the reasons we may be stamping down? amongst other similar things?- maybe the doing “something” is exactly what we are doing :wink:
We gave the forum a free reign, as asked, it didnt work, so now we go back to what did work.

A

nd this from the site that purports to represent the voice of truck drivers across the country

Which ones in particular, this industry has huge diverse views- there is no singular voice- we have all heard the “send all the blacks home” - “gays are all perverts” comments from drivers- we do all accomodate ALL views as long as they are said in a civil manner- I may dislike your view but as long as it is described in a civil and legal manner it is not our place to censor it -what we will not tolerate is bullying or offensive language.
and we do cater for the voice of drivers, just because some of them disagree or have opposing views to you does not make them drivers or mean they cannot voice their views

what we can do is ensure this forum doesnt get dragged down by out of topic subjects by the more marginalised people in our industry. hence the new focus of the forum on transport realeted topics

So have you actually deleted any posts yet?

SmashedCrabFace:

Yes :wink:

Rikki-UK:

DonutUK:

Ever thought that is one of the reasons we may be stamping down? amongst other similar things?- maybe the doing “something” is exactly what we are doing :wink:
We gave the forum a free reign, as asked, it didnt work, so now we go back to what did work.

In a word, no.

For the simple reason that it was easily solved at the time, delete the offending posts, warn/pre-mod/ban the offenders, quick reminder to the users that that sort of intolerance is unacceptable, job done.

To go all medieval on us is OTT and smacks of chucking baby out with the bath water. An over-reaction to an isolated but significant incident which should have been sorted at the time, not some weeks later.

The level of disorder on the forums is nowhere as bad as you seem to thinking it is. Aside from a few precious ego’s who might have got dented because the required level of ■■■■ kissing wasn’t or isn’t always forthcoming there isn’t much to complain about. The above incident is an exception as regardless of whether someone has a precious ego or not, homophobic abuse should not be tolerated.

Rikki-UK:

SmashedCrabFace:

Yes :wink:

And apologised to the user for whom the abuse was aimed in the general direction of? And who, i believe, requested several times for something to be done?

Actually it wasnt …
there were a number of posts made that never became public as the members concerned were already pre modded- and not just about being gay- but were extremely offensive to some folks.

Yes some things fall through the net, we are not able to monitor every post, thats what the report button is there for * hint use it*. also just because you dont like the content doesnt mean it breaches the law.

The law has standards and the owners of this forum also set a set of guidelines that they find acceptable to be associated with… now that may not match up with what you find acceptable but the member posting after you may have a different view.

We try to accomodate all views, yours and those you dislike each has equal validity, as long as the discussion remains civil. And like it or not within our industry there are some extreme views. This is not a playground for only those that hold your views and anything else has to go

sorry mate but it is not a nice place out there in the real world away from the internet- you may live in some sort of Utopia but here we deal with what comes up as it happens - not perfect but we do our best. If its not good enough then sorry if tis is not the place for you to spend time on the internet and we hope you find somehwrere more suited

To be honest the main reason I gave up posting was because I was told off for challenging Carryfasts often racist, and sometimes homophobic views, so if I can’t challenge racism then I’m better off out of it. But I obviously pop back now and again for a look and I couldn’t let these comments by Mr Massive Chip On His Shoulder go by.

jessicas dad:
He left because he got too above himself believing all the ■■■■■■■■ that was said. As for that stupid yellow head!!! We are grown men not children I have enough of that at home with ceebeebes.

Plus why do gay people feel the need to shout it from the rooftops and then get the hump when people don’t like it.

When Luke first started on this forum his posts and videos were brilliant, then started to believe the self hype and it all turned to [zb] thinking he was better than forum and we should all change to suit him.

You’ve absolutely no idea about me whatsoever. Your just another dimwit that believes everything he sees on camera is true. Are you sitting down? IT ISN’T. I never wanted the forum to change to suit me, and I’m well aware I need Trucknet a hell of a lot more than they need me. My hit rate has dropped quite a bit. I just wasn’t prepared to be associated with a site that allowed such racism to go by unchecked.

As for your truly stupid comment about being grown men, well that shows even more you haven’t a clue. An amazing assortment of people come to my website, not just ignorant truck drivers like you. And believe it or not loads and loads of children. Many of whom would put many of the members on here to shame. So it’s clear you think I should change to suit you it seems. It’s not all about what you want and I love the fact that children love what I do. So it won’t be changing to suit you.

Here’s a link so you can see just how many children love Bertie.

http://www.lorry-driver.com/p/full-of-pipe-2012.html

"Reporting
Every post has a report button, If you feel a post has gone to far report it to the moderating team - we cannot and do not read every post and rely on members to draw our attention to posts that may have gone to far. If you dont report it dont complain that we havent dealt with it"

My interpretation of this is that the rules & regs have been amended to try to keep the postings within the ethos of the website - but yet the owners (or administrators) of the website are not prepared to provide the resources necessary to administer that compliance.

I can see the situation arising whereby the moderating team are working more on reported posts than actually reading the posts they are supposed to be moderating, hence making the amendment more trouble than it’s worth.

Stan

Stanley Knife:
My interpretation of this is that the rules & regs have been amended to try to keep the postings within the ethos of the website - but yet the owners (or administrators) of the website are not prepared to provide the resources necessary to administer that compliance.
Stan

The resource has been provided…it’s the report button. I can’t see that there will ever be a full time, paid mod/admin. I presume that is the resource you are looking for. Who would end paying for that then…correct…the forum users. Rikki has always said this will never be a “pay to use” site for the users. So your stuck with volunteer mods/admins.

Stanley Knife:
I can see the situation arising whereby the moderating team are working more on reported posts than actually reading the posts they are supposed to be moderating, hence making the amendment more trouble than it’s worth.

Stan

It’s alot easier to work on a few reported posts, than read my way through every new post,
posted since I last logged in, looking for something to moderate.

To use your analogy, you would rather the fire service drove around looking for fires,
rather than responding to fires reported to them.

How about letting people know how much longer they are to be pre mod’d? To my knowledge I haven’t offended anyone (and kept my opinion re the M1 crash thread to myself) yet I’m still in the naughty corner…
No problems with removing off topic posts/threads either.

Colingl:
The resource has been provided…it’s the report button. I can’t see that there will ever be a full time, paid mod/admin. I presume that is the resource you are looking for. Who would end paying for that then…correct…the forum users. Rikki has always said this will never be a “pay to use” site for the users. So your stuck with volunteer mods/admins.

You presume wrong.

Colingl:
It’s alot easier to work on a few reported posts, than read my way through every new post,
posted since I last logged in, looking for something to moderate.

To use your analogy, you would rather the fire service drove around looking for fires,
rather than responding to fires reported to them.

And you’ll be answering the hoax call whilst the fire is burning.

Stan

Stanley Knife:
You presume wrong.
Stan

What rescources did you have in mind then Stan?

Muckaway:
How about letting people know how much longer they are to be pre mod’d? To my knowledge I haven’t offended anyone (and kept my opinion re the M1 crash thread to myself) yet I’m still in the naughty corner…
No problems with removing off topic posts/threads either.

Tip
removed from a thread today

I couldn’t give a toss.

A highly constructive comment. and by adding it with all your wisdom probably helped the admin team in any review of pre mod they may make :wink:

If a non-pre modded member wrote “I couldn’t give a toss”, would it get removed?

SmashedCrabFace:
If a non-pre modded member wrote “I couldn’t give a toss”, would it get removed?

SCF,

Please say that you didn’t really need it pointing out that the answer to your question will depend on the context in which that phrase gets used.