added to the user agreement today

your comments here…

I didn’t want to disappoint and not be the first to post here, so here I am.

I can’t see any change really, I thought they’ve always been the rules? Personally, I think you’ll struggle to make consistent and fair decisions when it comes to removing posts and you might just damage what is widely considered the best forum for professional drivers in the UK. This is not a dig or a personal attack, just my personal opinion.

I do feel a bit sorry for toby1234abc though, what’s he going to do after school now?

Its not a major change… but its, shall we say, has become more defined and the role of the admin team has become a tad clearer.

We have backed off on request of the community, but it is clear we backed off a little too far. so now we are going to focus to keeping the forums on track, on topic and quite ruthlessly cut the crap that gets posted by some folks.

We are fully aware that some of the more prolific posters will spit thier dummies out and vow never to darken our doorstep again- and we will miss them (briefly) and move on.

TruckNet is not a free for all, and never will be, and those that cannot accept that need to move on with their lives and go elsewhere

Rikki-UK:
…so now we are going to focus to keeping the forums on track, on topic and quite ruthlessly cut the crap that gets posted by some folks.

As long as this is done fairly, without prejudice or bias, then I see no problem.

I think you should start by putting everyone on pre-mod. Treat everyone as a new member and wipe the slate clean until they’ve proved themselves. 28dayslater do this and apart from the pictures the forum is boring as ■■■■. It’s all about the pictures, that’s why it works.

The thing is, this is place isn’t based around pictures like 28dayslater, so it’ll just be boring as ■■■■ and have no redeeming features.

I think you’ve set yourself a very tough challenge.

I enjoy reading the forums, and occasionally I will offer my own opinion.

I don’t have an issue with the new/re-inforced rule.

I have noticed while reading through the forums, that a Scottish Admin (I don’t remember his profile name) is prone to making comments or providing opinions which are particularly blunt and impolite.

Seeing that the forum is going down road. Are we being asked to moderate the tone of our posts?

If so, does this also apply the Admins?

motosnape:
I have noticed while reading through the forums, that a Scottish Admin (I don’t remember his profile name) is prone to making comments or providing opinions which are particularly blunt

I think you have answered your question :bulb: he is Scottish that’s what they do.

While your about rik how about having a go at those with more than one user name■■?

Will this “no crap” apply to repeat Stobart themed threads? Or simply merge them into one.
Surely the time’s come also to rename Bullys’ Bar into something else? The name has absolutely no meaning to me and I’m sure many others.
From a personnal level, will any quarry pics be removed from the Smiths old time thread or do they count as on topic?

jessicas dad:

motosnape:
I have noticed while reading through the forums, that a Scottish Admin (I don’t remember his profile name) is prone to making comments or providing opinions which are particularly blunt

I think you have answered your question :bulb: he is Scottish that’s what they do.

Really? Never had a problem when I stopped in Edinburgh every week…

Far too subjective and far too open to abuse by the moderating/admin team.

Also, how far do you go in restricting postings to only truck related subjects? Best get rid of the health related subjects then etc etc

May as well change the name to Mumsnet now and be done with it.

OK, at the risk of being (more) stupid (again) - where is the new user agreement?

The Sarge:
OK, at the risk of being (more) stupid (again) - where is the new user agreement?

Tis right at the top of each individual forum page, Sarge…

Ah, is it the rules & sanctions? Makes sense - as the date hadn’t been changed I’d assumed it was something seperate :blush:
Cheers :slight_smile:

The Sarge:
Ah, is it the rules & sanctions? Makes sense - as the date hadn’t been changed I’d assumed it was something seperate :blush:
Cheers :slight_smile:

Just below that. In the ‘Announcements’ bit…

It actually says ‘added to the user agreement today’… :wink: :smiley:

So does this mean you’ll be saying bye bye to slimypool? The vast majority of his posts are unhelpful, condoning grossly illegal activity and most of all just total ■■■■■■■■.

DonutUK:
Far too subjective and far too open to abuse by the moderating/admin team.

Also, how far do you go in restricting postings to only truck related subjects? Best get rid of the health related subjects then etc etc

Well I would have the health related subjects would go in the health forum.

No one is saying you can’t have a bit of banter but personal attacks and trolling have gone beyond a joke and the forums do need a good tidy up and some rules being enforced.

mucker85:
So does this mean you’ll be saying bye bye to slimypool? The vast majority of his posts are unhelpful, condoning grossly illegal activity and most of all just total [zb].

I like limeyphils posts, they make me laugh and I treat them as a joke. I don’t know if they are honest or not but I’m not bothered either way.

I would like to see Toby and immigrant sort plus orys with his copy and paste Poland is wonderful crap.

Does this mean that the racist and homophobic posts are going to be stopped?

We have already lost one valued member because of the unwillingness of the admin team to tackle the homophobic crap that was being spouted on here.

DonutUK:

We have already lost one valued member because of the unwillingness of the admin team to tackle the homophobic crap that was being spouted on here.

He left because he got too above himself believing all the ■■■■■■■■ that was said. As for that stupid yellow head!!! We are grown men not children I have enough of that at home with ceebeebes.

Plus why do gay people feel the need to shout it from the rooftops and then get the hump when people don’t like it.

When Luke first started on this forum his posts and videos were brilliant, then started to believe the self hype and it all turned to ■■■■ thinking he was better than forum and we should all change to suit him.

jessicas dad:

DonutUK:

He left because he got too above himself believing all the ■■■■■■■■ that was said. As for that stupid yellow head!!! We are grown men not children I have enough of that at home with ceebeebes.

Plus why do gay people feel the need to shout it from the rooftops and then get the hump when people don’t like it.

When Luke first started on this forum his posts and videos were brilliant, then started to believe the self hype and it all turned to [zb] thinking he was better than forum and we should all change to suit him.

Irrelevant. What was posted was blatantly homophobic and yet nothing was done about it. That is wrong.

Or maybe the knuckle draggers don’t understand that we are no longer in the 70’s or 80’s when it was acceptable to racially abuse your work colleagues and any gay colleagues lived in fear of their “secret” being found out.

But then i suppose this place does have 2 sets of rules…those for people who are mates with members of the admin team, and then those for everybody else.