Adblu in diesel tank

After finishing his run, an agency driver at our place filled diesel tank with 122 litres of adblu then fired her up. Obviously this killed the motor flat,but what damage to the engine has been done and what will Iveco need to do to fix it? Thanks

As soon as you see the A word’ you know your in for a good read :laughing:

Enough to warrant never being asked back.

after finishing my run I put in 122 litres of adblue in the diesel tank and started it up I will ask advice on here to see if I can fix it if its not to serious before anyone finds out and blame an agency

Let’s see fuel pump, injectors, fuel filters poss fuel lines but it will be a way for a while

We have had this done to one of our hire trucks.
£11.500 later it was fixed.

Cheers Welly

an agency bod did that with one of our 105s it was never right after that , it went not long after and George smedleys at hull ended up with it

Could be very costly. If it got past the filters, could be either strip and clean all the fuel system, or because you cant tell how far its actually got, then just replace the fuel system totally??
No magnetic nozzles on your companies AdBlue dispenser then? That doesnt absolve the driver of blame, but someone will be kicking themselves about economising on up to date kit? Sods Law says “If it can go wrong. It will go wrong”.

Franglais:
“If it can go wrong. It will go wrong”.

Or that CPC courses/modules for Newbies are bollox!
Along with firms using limpers and not training apprentices…

Franglais:
Could be very costly. If it got past the filters, could be either strip and clean all the fuel system, or because you cant tell how far its actually got, then just replace the fuel system totally??
No magnetic nozzles on your companies AdBlue dispenser then? That doesnt absolve the driver of blame, but someone will be kicking themselves about economising on up to date kit? Sods Law says “If it can go wrong. It will go wrong”.

Magnetic nozzle or not, how anyone can mix up adblue and diesel pumps is astonishing and it genuinely worries me that these people are allowed around unsupervised.

How unbelievably stupid do you have to be to put that amount of adblue into a diesel tank?

Hopefully the brainless wonder who did this is never allowed near anything other than the dole queue for the rest of his career.

A.

But then OUR taxes will be paying for HIS benefits!! :open_mouth:

Adonis.:

Franglais:

Magnetic nozzle or not, how anyone can mix up adblue and diesel pumps is astonishing and it genuinely worries me that these people are allowed around unsupervised.

How unbelievably stupid do you have to be to put that amount of adblue into a diesel tank?

Hopefully the brainless wonder who did this is never allowed near anything other than the dole queue for the rest of his career.

A.

Maybe they mixed up the tanks not the pumps■■?
On our volvos the tanks are exactly opposite to our DAFS in terms of position on the vehicle so where the derv fuel tank is on one the ad blue is on the other so I can see how someone not paying attention could balls it up

[/quote]
On our volvos the tanks are exactly opposite to our DAFS in terms of position on the vehicle so where the derv fuel tank is on one the ad blue is on the other so I can see how someone not paying attention could balls it up
[/quote]
I don’t get this as the tanks are totally different!

Surely after 60+ litres of adblue you would think something is wrong?? And the nozzle difference?? Guess some people are used to putting small things in large holes and not thinking out of it…

wrighty1:

[/quote]
I don’t get this as the tanks are totally different!
[/quote]
The tanks on ours are hidden by side skirts you only see the nozzle,granted it’s a school boy error though.

xichrisxi:
granted it’s a school boy error though.

And the firm should learn from that, especially if the tanks are hidden, and it’s not made crystal clear with some stickers.
I bet they won’t assume anyone has any brains again, time for a full on procedures overhaul and someone in the office coming out to supervise. Oh wait, didn’t we have that thread last week? :open_mouth:

When someone new shows up in the yard why not give him a little bit of supervision?It just might work out cheaper in the long run.

And drivers wonder why companies send an office bod to “check” while filling up■■?

You could pay a new office bod a year salary what it is going to cost to put that truck right.
Some drivers need to be monitored any moment of the day, or something stupid will happen.
If you are not sure ask, the only stupid question is the one not asked!!!

Evil8Beezle:

xichrisxi:
granted it’s a school boy error though.

And the firm should learn from that, especially if the tanks are hidden, and it’s not made crystal clear with some stickers.
I bet they won’t assume anyone has any brains again, time for a full on procedures overhaul and someone in the office coming out to supervise. Oh wait, didn’t we have that thread last week? :open_mouth:

Someone did it on our place when we first had then put red diesel in the white tank,luckily he noticed before firing it up so got it towed & drained and tank taken off and cleaned very well…red derv in white tanks doesn’t go down to well with DVSA :smiley:

[quote=“xichrisxi”
Someone did it on our place when we first had then put red diesel in the white tank,luckily he noticed before firing it up so got it towed & drained and tank taken off and cleaned very well…red derv in white tanks doesn’t go down to well with DVSA :smiley:[/quote]
It doesnt do the injection system/ engine any harm though as its only a red dye and burns the same as white…