ad blue

I am changing my truck in march and the one coming will have adblue which i have never used before.I am going to get my adblue of the transport company were i park as they have there own ad blue pump.What i would like to now is if i fill a couple of 5l containers up to take up the road with me just in case i run out at the end of the week if i do not need this spare supply after a period of time does the adblue go off and damage your system

Professor:
I am changing my truck in march and the one coming will have adblue which i have never used before.I am going to get my adblue of the transport company were i park as they have there own ad blue pump.What i would like to now is if i fill a couple of 5l containers up to take up the road with me just in case i run out at the end of the week if i do not need this spare supply after a period of time does the adblue go off and damage your system

i was told by the people who sell my boss his ad blue that it has a shelf life of 18 months providing it has been stored correctly

Only use genuine AdBlue cans, no point trying to save a fiver by filling your tank with crud from an old dirty container.

Simple answer is when you top up use your can first, then use the pump, then fill your can back up. That way you will always have a fresh can.

perfectly all right to do this just put it in at end of week.

I don’t know how much variation there is in the size of AdBlue tanks fitted to various trucks but mine will easily go a week between fills.

Harry Monk:
I don’t know how much variation there is in the size of AdBlue tanks fitted to various trucks but mine will easily go a week between fills.

Depends on Km’age too.

I used to need to refill Downton Dafs twice. Week when out all week

As people say depends on Kns and load carrid I can look at on a bizzy week 80ltrs in a week doing 44 ton averaging 660 km a day but I carry spear from the yard so don’t pay for more when out

dar1976:

Harry Monk:

Depends on Km’age too.

if you needed to fill it twice per week, it was either running day and night and the night driver was not filling it, or there was a fault on the system

i had a DAF XF105 SSC for a week, did approx 2500KMs, started with a full adblu tank, took it back with about a quarter left

Angus25:
As people say depends on Kns and load carrid I can look at on a bizzy week 80ltrs in a week doing 44 ton averaging 660 km a day but I carry spear from the yard so don’t pay for more when out

did you threaten them with it if they tried charging you? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Haha no I just use it on the planners

shuttlespanker:

dar1976:

Harry Monk:

Depends on Km’age too.

if you needed to fill it twice per week, it was either running day and night and the night driver was not filling it, or there was a fault on the system

i had a DAF XF105 SSC for a week, did approx 2500KMs, started with a full adblu tank, took it back with about a quarter left

It wasn’t running night time cos I was sleeping in it :slight_smile:.

Could have been a fault with the sensors I guess.

thanks for all the replies i will take spare adblue the first week just in case but hope like mr monk says that i will not need it

What you need is an early 105 euro5 mine doesn’t use a drop of adblue and passed its mot as it is all it does is put a warning light on rev counter and still gives full power and is allowed into lez not that I want too

turnbull2012:
What you need is an early 105 euro5 mine doesn’t use a drop of adblue and passed its mot as it is all it does is put a warning light on rev counter and still gives full power and is allowed into lez not that I want too

no, what you mean is, get one without the telemetry

if it has got the telemetry, it will put the truck on reduced power if the adblu runs out

if no telemetry, then it doesn’t reduce the power

Ok mr c u put in technical terms result is same no bloody adblue to buy it would suit a man with short arms and deep pockets like u!!!

turnbull2012:
Ok mr c u put in technical terms result is same no bloody adblue to buy it would suit a man with short arms and deep pockets like u!!!

it’s a good job you don’t need to keep buying adblu for that 105 of yours, what with all the oil it is using :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

a lot will depend on the tank size :wink: my Renault holds about 80 litres and will last 10-14 days ( doing up to 2500 kms a week) - I have seen trucks with 60 litre tanks,

shuttlespanker:

turnbull2012:

it’s a good job you don’t need to keep buying adblu for that 105 of yours, what with all the oil it is using :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Touché lol

I filled up with AdBlue this afternoon, I put 32.15 litres in and I had done 2367 km since I last filled it, last Monday, so it is doing 73 km per litre.

Somebody told me recently that Adblue is about 40% pig urine. I’m not having that, how on earth could they collect so much?..have they trained pigs to ■■■■ in a bucket or is there a guy running around on the mud all day sticking his bucket under every pig that starts to urinate?