Actros MP4.....

Air duster…where can I connect it?

Also best place to get some cab curtains from?

not sure about where you connect the duster

but you can normally find curtains behind the seats ■■■■■■■ against the wall. They are black if i remember right

There is a fitting for air pipe behind the seat but it’s an odd size fitting if you can find out the size you can get on fleabay otherwise merc will sell at an arm and a leg

You have to connect through the seat pipes. not worth the hassle.

Snarley:

You don’t have to connect it to the seat pipes on the MP4. There is an outlet for an air duster on the bulk head behind the drivers seat. Although as far as I’m aware, its only the genuine Mercedes air duster that fits into it. Sets you back about £55 from merc.

damoq:

Snarley:

You don’t have to connect it to the seat pipes on the MP4. There is an outlet for an air duster on the bulk head behind the drivers seat. Although as far as I’m aware, its only the genuine Mercedes air duster that fits into it. Sets you back about £55 from merc.

if you have a friendly fitter at the merc dealer that will give you the size they are available at factors and ebay

Does anyone know how easy it is to plumb a cb into an MP4? I got a 12/24 volt one sitting in my shed I may use again.

kindle530:
Does anyone know how easy it is to plumb a cb into an MP4? I got a 12/24 volt one sitting in my shed I may use again.

There is 24 behind the cut outs above you head there are fitting things available on fleabay so the cb just slots in think they are called din something or other

Thanks Chester, I just got to muster up the enthusiasm to do it now!

the conneter is all ready fitted under the drivers seat but you can only fit a genuie mercedes benz air gun which cost about £40. No others will fit

devonlad2009:
the conneter is all ready fitted under the drivers seat but you can only fit a genuie mercedes benz air gun which cost about £40. No others will fit

Not quite correct mate. I took my old airgun and my unit to a car performance centre where the fella had a look at them both and fitted me a new connector from off the shelf for £4. Perfect, and no leaks.

Any idea what size air fitting it was ? mate

Not a scooby mate, just showed the fella the connection behind the seat and he cut the old fitting off of the airgun and put a new one on. In and out in 5 minutes (bit like my love life tbh :blush: )

Btw,the place is on Townsend road ind est at Nuneaton if you ever get near there.

Cheers mate,at least i now know it’s a common fitting,and don’t have to get a cheap !one from Merc…

Has anyone modified an air duster with new fittings to fit the MP4 Actros? I have a duster from my old Renault, and rather than pay merc the £55 for their genuine duster, I want to just change the fitting to fit my merc. Was wondering if anyone has done this and know where I can get the fittings or knows part numbers. RS Components sell what looks like the right parts but I’m not 100% certain. Thanks in advance.[emoji6]

Check the fifth post above yours mate. :wink:

the maoster:
Check the fifth post above yours mate. :wink:

I don’t get anywhere near nuneaton though.

I appreciate that you probably don’t (God knows I wouldn’t if I had any choice!) but the point was that any place that does car performance tuning or performance hoses (maybe a local Pirtek outlet) will stock off the shelf adapters for only a few qiud. These are push on parts so only take a minute to do.

the maoster:
I appreciate that you probably don’t (God knows I wouldn’t if I had any choice!) but the point was that any place that does car performance tuning or performance hoses (maybe a local Pirtek outlet) will stock off the shelf adapters for only a few qiud. These are push on parts so only take a minute to do.

Fair enough. Funny you should mention pirtek. Nipped into their Kilmarnock branch on Thursday and the guy said he has never seen a fitting like the one I’m looking for before. Did get the impression that he just couldn’t be arsed checking though.