Actros MP4.....

the maoster:

devonlad2009:
the conneter is all ready fitted under the drivers seat but you can only fit a genuie mercedes benz air gun which cost about £40. No others will fit

Not quite correct mate. I took my old airgun and my unit to a car performance centre where the fella had a look at them both and fitted me a new connector from off the shelf for £4. Perfect, and no leaks.

If you get chance, could you post a picture of what the new fitting looks like? Went to a place the other day and the guy said with a picture he could find me one, but didn’t have a clue without it :frowning:

Your wish is my command…l. :smiley: :smiley:

image.jpg

Top man, thank you very much. I don’t care what everybody else says, I reckon you’re alright :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

OK, for anybody looking for these. They are a series 21 fitting, and are available from, amongst other places, indequip online. Indequip part no is QRP216PN, which is for a 8mm outer/6mm inner plastic pipe, which fits the duster hose marked up as heavy duty. They cost about £1.80 each, subject to a £10 minimum order + p&p - cost me £22 for 6. 4 are accounted for, so will have a couple spare, so if anybody wants one I’ll do them for £4.50 posted, otherwise you should be easily able to get on at any decent hose place.

Glad you got sorted mate, certainly far cheaper than going direct to Mercedes for one. Every little helps. :smiley:

I ordered mine (search ebay for PCL series 21) from a place in hillington called Duncan Rodgers engineering via their eBay shop and you can buy them singly. Roughly £3.50 delivered for 1. But you might need the push fit stud which I bought somewhere else for just over £1 as they were a bit expensive from Duncan Rodgers.
Tried all the placed you’d expect to sell them like pirtek and they don’t sell them. Weren’t very helpful at offering suggestions as to where I might get them either.[emoji35]

i had this problem finding the conector for my mp3 i think its the same conector its called a euro contector :wink:

Good stuff, spread the word chaps, don’t like to see merc ripping people off for a cheap connector :slight_smile:

madmark63:
i had this problem finding the conector for my mp3 i think its the same conector its called a euro contector :wink:

Euro connector looks the same as the series 21 but its slightly bigger.

Do they fit the old orange air dusters that everybody had about 10 years ago or do you need some kind of adaptor.

here you go this is what i used !
ebay.co.uk/itm/2-PACK-EURO-A … 19f5043b7e

Yes, euro is bigger, but is the one for the mp3 - asked in pirtek and they showed me the Euro one which was the same as on my old mp3. How strange that they would change the fitting for the new model!

Madmark, sorry for appearing as thick :unamused: :blush: but does that flat end plug direct into the socket at back of seat or does another part go between your bit and the socket.

They do fit the orange dusters, but depends on the size of the tube - some are 6mm outer,4mm inner - you can still get the fitting, just need to let them know when you buy it. The part number I gave is for 8/6 tube.

robroy:
Do they fit the old orange air dusters that everybody had about 10 years ago or do you need some kind of adaptor.

The one I bought needed a push fit stud adaptor. They come in all different sizes though. Not sure what diameter the orange hose is but the one I had from my old Renault had a 6mm hose.
uploadfromtaptalk1436189924178.JPG

Went to Pirtek Penrith (opposite truckstop) took my old orange type air duster in and the lad in there was spot on, he could not be more helpful. He sorted me out with a plug to go in to the supply and an adaptor to fit the end of the duster pipe, with a 6ft pipe extension, all for under a tenner + vat. He even sorted me out 2 days later with another end when I went back as my old duster pipe burst.
So anybody with a Merc that needs the same, that is the place to go if you are in the area.

robroy glad you got sorted sorry for the late reply ,but are the fittings difrent from mp3 to the mp4 ? :confused:

madmark63:
robroy glad you got sorted sorry for the late reply ,but are the fittings difrent from mp3 to the mp4 ? :confused:

I ain’t in the truck today mate, but they do look different by memory to the ones in your pic, They did have just about every type of connector in their catalogue, so I reckon they will be able to fix you up.

madmark63:

The one on the left is the ‘series 21’ connector which fits the MP4 and the one on the right is a ‘Euro’ connector which I’ve been told fits the MP3 although I don’t know this for definate. As you can see from the pic, although they look similar, they are different connectors altogether.