Actros battery problem

Been parked up 3 hrs, now lost all internal power, ‘consumer unit active’ warning on dash…

No interior lights, sockets or night heater!

Apparently we are having a few of our 63 plate Actros suffering with this…any know how it can be fixed?

It could be the low voltage protection coming in to early normaly the parameters need to be re set

Any way of checking from the dash?

Mine did same last week,merc came out,lowered parameters on battery cut off,everything was fine…15 mins later signing his paperwork off…Cut out again,new batteries fitted next day…All good up to now…Actros 63 plate,who you on for now mate? as my mob run 63/13/64 plate actrosses out of Evesham

We had all of ours reset and it seems to have cured the problem, Looks like it’s back to Mercedes for you¬

jackdaw:
Mine did same last week,merc came out,lowered parameters on battery cut off,everything was fine…15 mins later signing his paperwork off…Cut out again,new batteries fitted next day…All good up to now…Actros 63 plate,who you on for now mate? as my mob run 63/13/64 plate actrosses out of Evesham

On for MCL Logistics…

Had this as well.

Didnt call out merc. Just switched everything off, left engine running for a couple of hours and the warning went away. That was a few weeks ago, hasnt come back on since and still using the same appliances.

We get this fault also on a lot of ours in fact it’s showing on the one I have today and that’s a 64 plate, night heater still works though.

Is your company strict on letting the trucks tick over ■■

Merc guy who came out to me from Andover dealers, uploaded the ECU with an update from Merc ,who have recognised the problem,another one of ours had to be rescued monday.63plate

Have it on 64 plates at our place didn’t cut nothing off but warning came up. Seems over protective of batteries.

throw away the batteries and fit decent ones all our 62 plates had new ones at a year old

10 m spanner isolate truck take live lead of bottom left count to 10 put back on and full charge

It’s now cutting off as soon as I switch off…booked into mercs tomorrow.

Although one of other mercs went in for the same fault and has come back out the same.

Seems our place are reluctant to fit new batteries as the trucks are leased from Gullivers…

Common problem. Will take on average three visits to the fitters until they fix them

My trucks a Gullivers lease mate,they couldnt of been more helpful and wanted new batteries fitted straight away,i said could you sort it so it was done when i returned to base that day? No problems sir! Just let us know when your an hour away… Got back,Rygor tewkesbury were waiting,30 mins,batteries replaced and all good since.Gullivers rang me up a few days later just to check everything was still working…Seems they’ve had a fair few replaced.Cost my company nothing,all in with the lease.Have nothing but praise for Gullivers on this…credit where it’s due…

Been into Mercs…came out pretty much the same…

very common problem on the actros unfortunately. What we did was whip of the neg feed on battery, tap it on the pos and get a nice spark then give it 5 mins and reattach the neg battery feed. Might sound crazy? i thought it was a windup too at first but that “advice” came from a merc mastertech (off the record obviously) and it forces the ECU to do a full reset.

My 14 plate went from consumer shutoff active within 15 minutes of shutting off to not coming on again for 4 months. Unfortunately i now drive a scania :frowning:

Read this thread on Thursday and as if by magic my 14 plate started doing this on Friday lol

scottie0011:
Read this thread on Thursday and as if by magic my 14 plate started doing this on Friday lol

it’s now got the trucknet battery curse on it lol