Accidently entered weight restriction

Was en route to Lidl northfleet and went over a round about through a restriction which was 7.5t except for loading (i was only 1 mile from delivery point)

200m later the restriction ended and cameras flashed…

Whats the most likely outcome? points etc ?

Any chance of a Google Street View link?

If it’s enforced by cameras it will be by the council which means it’s a decriminalised offence.
So if a penalty is issued it will only be a fine (and probably one that can be paid at a reduced rate if paid promptly).

What sort of camera did you see flash? Council enforcement is usually done with CCTV cameras which just record video footage rather than a still photo.

Just say you was loading. It was probably some NIMBY hiding in a hedge taking a snap for his collection to ■■■■ over.

supermatt:
Just say you was loading. It was probably some NIMBY hiding in a hedge taking a snap for his collection to [zb] over.

They will ask for proof,delivery note ect.

We have this in a village in Nottinghamshire,we deliver to a shop inside a weight limit and every now and they there will be 2 people from the council photographing you on the way out (you come in from one end and out the other no where to turn),then about two weeks later we will get a penalty charge notice to which we have to send a copy of the delivery note then the fine gets cancelled…now,if I was a good boy I could stop on my way out of the village and show the council jobsworths my delivery note so they wouldn’t have to go through the process of sending the fine out ect,but I like to waste there time so I don’t :smiley:

I’m guessing this will be on Springhead Road. I went through it six months or so ago, although the 7.5 tonne weight limit signs were there, the council hadn’t got round to taking down the signs directing trucks that way to Springhead Business Park. I saw the camera (CCTV rather than flashing though) but I never heard anything about it.

voodoo1:
Was en route to Lidl northfleet and went over a round about through a restriction which was 7.5t except for loading (i was only 1 mile from delivery point)

200m later the restriction ended and cameras flashed…

Whats the most likely outcome? points etc ?

If its the roundabout I’m thinking of, then I wouldn’t worry as that is the route that is access to said estate that lidl is on and also there is no cameras on that road.

It’s never time to worry until you see something land on your lap at work…

Had 1 weight restriction fine, did not have supporting delivery address or POD, just my say so that I couldn’t make a turn due to some badly placed roadworks. The good people at Brent council still quashed it…

xichrisxi:

supermatt:
Just say you was loading. It was probably some NIMBY hiding in a hedge taking a snap for his collection to [zb] over.

We have this in a village in Nottinghamshire,we deliver to a shop inside a weight limit and every now and they there will be 2 people from the council photographing you on the way out (you come in from one end and out the other no where to turn),then about two weeks later we will get a penalty charge notice to which we have to send a copy of the delivery note then the fine gets cancelled…now,if I was a good boy I could stop on my way out of the village and show the council jobsworths my delivery note so they wouldn’t have to go through the process of sending the fine out ect,but I like to waste there time so I don’t :smiley:

Are you saying they actually employ ■■■■■ to do this :open_mouth:

robroy:

xichrisxi:

supermatt:

Are you saying they actually employ [zb] to do this :open_mouth:

Indeed they do,they even have a little sign stating they were "Nottinghamshire council HGV enforcement officers "…oohh get you with your fancy job title :smiley:

Was it the one where your sat nav takes you past Springhead industrial estate after you come off the A2? If so don’t worry about it, I go to Morrisons there and if the traffic is backed up for Ebbsfleet (sp) I go through it myself and have never heard anything.

Mind you, the fact that I run around with Contraflows number plate in probably helps! :wink:

xichrisxi:

robroy:

xichrisxi:

supermatt:

Are you saying they actually employ [zb] to do this :open_mouth:

Indeed they do,they even have a little sign stating they were "Nottinghamshire council HGV enforcement officers "…oohh get you with your fancy job title :smiley:

:unamused: And I can just imagine the type of self important little ■■■■■ that do the job. Ones that you would never get tired of punching :smiley:

google.co.uk/maps/place/Sai … ccb083924a

Coming from a2, second exit over with sainsburys left on map

Springhead road ?

xichrisxi:

supermatt:

Are you referring to the people who stand in papplewick on the junction ?

voodoo1:
Google Maps

Coming from a2, second exit over with sainsburys left on map

Springhead road ?

Any idea where the camera was? I can’t see one on that road?

trubster:
Any idea where the camera was? I can’t see one on that road?

It’s somewhere outside Sainsbury’s, presumably the Google car went past before it was installed.

I think this is the sign you passed. It has been there for the last 10years at least. You should have turned to the right at this roundabout. Access is via Rosherville Way on the map already posted. This is straight ahead at the following roundabout.

google.co.uk/maps/@51.43685 … 56!6m1!1e1

I went that way through the weight restriction by mistake the first time I went there but never had any repercussions. They probably decided that having to visit Lidl Northfleet was punishment enough! I’ve been to Lidl DCs all over England and Wales but that one takes the prizes for belligerent staff and ability to ruin your day. That said, a visit to Lutterworth last week revealed a strong new contender and Enfield wins worst layout ever.

At least you get warning signs before you enter the restriction so you have a choice to not enter if you wish. Over here signs warning of restrictions are usually after you are a mile or so down that route, usually on a narrow street with nowhere to turn a 74 foot truck around, so you get a ticket.

Next time.

Referring to the map already posted:

Take the 1st exit at the 1st roundabout on the slip road off the A2 signed Ebsfleet international station which is shown on the map as B259. At the next r/a take the 3rd exit on map shown as A2260 which will take you past the station car park entrances. At traffic lights at the end of the road turn right onto Thames way A226, go straight over the next r/a (which is the offending one in the picture) continue to next r/a and straight on into Rosherville Way. Under tunnel and at the end is Crete Hall rd and Lidl is on your left on the corner.

google.co.uk/maps/@51.44079 … a=!3m1!1e3