Accident/ since when did you have too go on a course

Please read carefully
You must act / reply to letter within 14 days of the above date
Re- collision ------ -------
You have admitted to being driver of ---- ----- that was involved in above incident( ran into back of car/ car totaled/ women carted off to hospital)
------------ police is committed to road safety and participates in the national driver alertness course,aiming to improve the education of driver who have committed a MINOR :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: infringement of the road traffic law
On the evidence available to me,I believe you have committed a offence contrary to section 3 of the road traffic act 1988 by
Driving without due care and attention,or,without reasonable consideration for other road users
If proceeding were brought ,it would be a matter for the magistrates court to decide whether or not you broke the law
I consider it appropriate to offer you the opera unity to attend a NATIONAL driver ALERTNESS COURSE ,etc ,etc,etc
N.b court could be fines,penalty points,disqualification from driving.
I thought these courses were for speeding, not for accident,minor one in his words :exclamation: :exclamation: normally you give it too insurance ,they sort it out,job sorted
Now it’s a course for £175, day off work to tell you what,don’t run into the car in front,zb me it’s a accident,they happen daily,she’s got a new car,out of hospital job done.
1,000,s of driversx £175 ,yea you can see why they brought this out.
Well has any one just said stuff you,we will go too court( that’s if the zb,s will actually actually go that far,bluff I.m.o.h.o)
Zb magistrates court for a minor shunt :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
Just reminds me why I hate the zb,s :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
N.b some foreigner reversed into mrs car,pedestrians screaming for him too stop,loads of witnesses,cops called,car totaled,daughter scared ■■■■■■■■■ thought trailer was comming over top of car,and we get a letter saying no action was too be taken against driver due too lack of evidence :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
Then when I went up cop station to challenge them over it they were going to arrest me for threatening behaviour.
What a zb joke,it’s just another ■■■■■■■■ idea to fleece you of £175 :unamused: :smiling_imp: ,off to magistrates court we go :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Go to court by all means but it will cost you more than £175.

99 times out of 100 if you run into the back if someone it’s your fault. If you wrote her car off and put the driver in hospital I’m guessing it wasn’t a minor bump, so with the numbers of drivers running into the back of cars/ lorries I would say an extra bit of training is a great idea.

You may be a good driver who made a mistake(done it myself) but there has to be a scheme that covers everybody and I’m sure you will agree there are many many drivers out there who need more training.

dozy:
Please read carefully
You must act / reply to letter within 14 days of the above date
Re- collision ------ -------
You have admitted to being driver of ---- ----- that was involved in above incident( ran into back of car/ car totaled/ women carted off to hospital)
------------ police is committed to road safety and participates in the national driver alertness course,aiming to improve the education of driver who have committed a MINOR :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: infringement of the road traffic law
On the evidence available to me,I believe you have committed a offence contrary to section 3 of the road traffic act 1988 by
Driving without due care and attention,or,without reasonable consideration for other road users
If proceeding were brought ,it would be a matter for the magistrates court to decide whether or not you broke the law
I consider it appropriate to offer you the opera unity to attend a NATIONAL driver ALERTNESS COURSE ,etc ,etc,etc
N.b court could be fines,penalty points,disqualification from driving.
I thought these courses were for speeding, not for accident,minor one in his words :exclamation: :exclamation: normally you give it too insurance ,they sort it out,job sorted
Now it’s a course for £175, day off work to tell you what,don’t run into the car in front,zb me it’s a accident,they happen daily,she’s got a new car,out of hospital job done.
1,000,s of driversx £175 ,yea you can see why they brought this out.
Well has any one just said stuff you,we will go too court( that’s if the zb,s will actually actually go that far,bluff I.m.o.h.o)
Zb magistrates court for a minor shunt :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
Just reminds me why I hate the zb,s :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
N.b some foreigner reversed into mrs car,pedestrians screaming for him too stop,loads of witnesses,cops called,car totaled,daughter scared [zb]( thought trailer was comming over top of car,and we get a letter saying no action was too be taken against driver due too lack of evidence :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
Then when I went up cop station to challenge them over it they were going to arrest me for threatening behaviour.
What a zb joke,it’s just another [zb] idea to fleece you of £175 :unamused: :smiling_imp: ,off to magistrates court we go :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Sounds like you got off lightly, driving without due care and attention, 3 to 9 points, plus max fine £5000.

£175 :open_mouth: a speed course is only 100 ■■■■ take . if they have you bang to rights you wouldn’t have the option.
I would seek legal advice because In a blame for claim state we now live in, if you take the course your admitting liability and therefor the 3rd party just has to claim heavily .
I’d be asking for all the evidence ie camera footage etc…

Take the course, not only will you enjoy it and have a great time debating the why’s and wherefores of good driving, you might even learn something.
You will also save yourself a big fine and and points on your licence which could cost you a lot more than £175 with increased insurance premiums and difficulties getting a job when your driving record is compromised.
If you ran into that back of someone there really is no defence unless you can prove that it’s one of these guys that do it intentionally to get the insurance money!

Martin:
Take the course, not only will you enjoy it and have a great time debating the why’s and wherefores of good driving, you might even learn something.
You will also save yourself a big fine and and points on your licence which could cost you a lot more than £175 with increased insurance premiums and difficulties getting a job when your driving record is compromised.
If you ran into that back of someone there really is no defence unless you can prove that it’s one of these guys that do it intentionally to get the insurance money!

I totally agree with this ^^ .

The driver alertness course an speed awareness course are two different things.

bald bloke:

Martin:

So do I.
This time you just gota bend over and take it.
If you go to court, you’ll get hammered big time. My estimate would be atleast 600 quid plus court costs on top. Don’t run away with the idea that just because it was ‘a minor shunt’ they wont bother proceeding.

Firstly, this isn’t an arsey/sarcastic question.

Where you at fault? And is that your opinion or the opinion of others?

Just curious.

In Days long gone by, learning to Drive on Half Cab Double Deckers, ( Buses that is ), I was always taught to look as far as the eye could see, and not the end of the Bonnet( if that is what you could the engine cover on a Bus), always to expect the unexpected. But that was back in the 1960,s. Happy to now be retired. Seems to be a whole different world out there these days.
Good luck, hope you have a successful outcome.

It’s a different course to the speeding course and more expensive because they take you out in a car, watch you drive, and tell you where you are going wrong.

I know because my wife had to go on one some years ago.

She had to share the car with another miscreant as well as the instructor.

So, you get to drive with a driver who has recently had an accident, just like you.

now if it counted towards the Dcpc

Gembo:

bald bloke:

Martin:

So do I.
This time you just gota bend over and take it.
If you go to court, you’ll get hammered big time. My estimate would be atleast 600 quid plus court costs on top. Don’t run away with the idea that just because it was ‘a minor shunt’ they wont bother proceeding.

A solicitor mate of mine said that for a CD conviction the norm without aggravating circumstances is 2 week salary as a fine and 6 points. This is reduced by a third if you go guilty at the first opportunity, so 1.3333 x weeks salary and 4 points.
It would have to be a seriously bad CD to get worse than this apparently, but then I’d imagine you’d be looking at a Dangerous Driving charge.
When I had a crash and got done for CD, I was off work on ESA for ages and getting £70 odd a week in benefits. I went guilty on solicitors advice and the fine was £90 and 4 points, so that fits with what my mate said.

Take the course!!, you are fortunate to be offered it, going to court will cost you a day off work, fined many £££’s, and points on your licence which will increase your insurance premiums.

alphonsohall:
Take the course!!, you are fortunate to be offered it, going to court will cost you a day off work, fined many £££’s, and points on your licence which will increase your insurance premiums.

It might not need a day off work, my son did a speeding awareness course on a Saturday.

Just take it as a bad experience and pay the £175, itl only end up costing you more if they have to put you before the courts, you were in the wrong for going into the back of her, if you then refuse the more leniant option of a course and ask for a court, they probably wont think too great of you. I got busted speeding years ago when i was young, 55 or something in a 30, got offered 3 points and a £60, me being my naive self thinking i was above the law as every young lad does decided to challenge it in court, ended up with a 3 month ban and a £400 odd fine as id nearly doubled the limit, lesson learnt.

The woman may have been carted off to hospital but she could have just been an ambulance chaser, nothing wrong with her just saw £££ signs… some old granny wiped me out on a dual carriageway at 50-60mph 2 year ago bent my car in half, wrote it off, deployed all 12 airbags and 2 wheels come off the car, the fire brigade wanted to cut me out, i could have had a 5 figure payout easy but instead i refused and got out on my own accord.

Swings and roundabouts, just take what youve been offered mate and take it as a bad experience.

Pwyll:
Firstly, this isn’t an arsey/sarcastic question.

Where you at fault? And is that your opinion or the opinion of others?

Just curious.

Well he was on here at half 9 last night and hasn’t answered so it looks like GUILTY as charged :unamused:

I did one of these courses about 7 years ago after I had a bump and ran into the back of a discovery. It was a choice of the course or being prosecuted for due care and attention.

It was a 1.5 day course and was well worth the money and time, more so than the speed awareness crap. As has been said its part classroom and part driving, I did pick up some tips and corrections to what I was doing wrong.

Definatly better option than going to court.

Some little posh ■■■■ ran into the back of me in a company van about 18 months ago, I ended up having to be cut out of the van on a spinal board…
Then got made redundant 5 days later…coincidence?

I wanted the little prick prosecuted but the police decided to send him a driver improvement course!

Only bright side is that my compensation should be through this week!

I have done the course due to a accident back in 1998 / 99. It was a part in classroom and the rest out driving. I think it was two day and there was 3 + instructor in car. You couldn’t fail unless you were dangerous!!
I think I paid about £140 for it and two days off work of course.