ACCIDENT IN MADRID JOHNNY "G"

Over this weekend I have been given some very bad news about a Mate, fellow truck driver, Owner Driver and someone who would help anybody out even if he did not know them. Basicly if anybody knows JOHNNY “G” or JOHNNY “Trabant” or any other name or alias he went by, please conact me “Dodgy” Dave on 07850 452800 or by e-mail dodgyjools@aol.com

Dave first I would like to add my smypathy and best wishes to the family and
JOHNNY G; you are asking for tips have you thought of the local paper where johnny lives and also a daily tabloid,say the SUN–MIRROR,;; IS this firm he was pulling for out of Germany and for whom was the the motorshow as they may consider helping out,;;IF it was the german R&R FIRM ASK THEM politely if they would not like to help out as well,bearing in mind what PR this would be if seen in the german daliy rag (BILD ZEITUNG) ,SORRY that is all I can offer my friend .

Dave, I have sent you a PM

Well 1st off, I have still not got me head round what has happened, but I have just had a call from an old mate, Daz, ( Thanks Mate ) & poliiticly as Daz has pointed out, this isn’t a slagging match, more a cry, for help… Brit Pete. no its not the Trucks that "Service "the industry, & I wont get drawn into it, but the industry is only looking after itself… as much as it hurts, this is the sort of society we live in for Claiming…any way as Daz has said if just the Drivers swho have been weekended or had a breakdown sorted, even drank Johnnys beer & listended to his jokes, which actually made you ■■■■ yourself laughing, repaid his generousity, & overwelming true freindship by way of a donation to be paid direct to him, in his name…& no not Johnny “G” but just plain old JOHN EDMUNDS, to an account to be allocated would help so much, for not only him, but his family. and if you , & I mean anyone who had made contact with the old bugger with the old magnum or even the old Daf 95 he ran, it would be no surprise how many people know JOHNNY “G”… 2nd , Harry Monk, we have probably crossed & moved on the same paths, thanks for the PM, nice picture, Daz is sending me an e-mail with a pic of the old Magnum, might jog some memories for someone out there… but can I just add that to help Johnny & Carol, + family, can anyone with help, of any kind, just contact myself or others, like Daz so as to minimise the stress to Johnnys family, and between us all we can ake it a little easier. Thank you & sorry for the spelling mistakes, head knows what it wants to put, eyes are telling the 2 fingers which keys to press…Dodgy Dave…

Carol called this morning to say that they are now not sure when John will be moved although it is still expected to be tomorrow or Thursday
As Dave quite rightly says, UK doctors think that it is too soon.
They are also not sure whether it will be to Stoke Mandeville or the National Orthopeadic at Stanmore.

He does heve some feeling in his right shoulder.
The movement in Johns right leg on Saturday night was probably only a muscle spasm but even for that to happen there must still be a connection so although the outlook is very grim, we must never say never.

He is one of our Subbies but above all, He has been my mate for 18 years ( as he has been a good mate to so many people) and i can’t even find the words to describe how upsetting it is.
I am looking at his unit as i type this. he wasn’t on for me at the time but it has now been brought back from Spain and we are looking after it until John & Carol are able to decide what should be done for the best.

Obviously. his long term care is going to cost untold thousands but for the immediate future and to help with Carols flights, hotel and Johns air ambulance costs, we need to arrange some sort of collection.

We don’t expect a general appeal from people who don’t know him but if anybody knows John Edmonds or Johnny G as he is more comonly known, or if any of you have ever bumped into him, please get in touch with either myself, on the number at the bottom of this post, or Dave O Donnel.

Even if you don’t know the name, try to remember:
Have you ever been weekended or spent the night in a routiers with someone in a Dark Green, ‘N’ Reg Magnum, normally pulling a stepframe box belonging to one or the other of the Rock & Roll, Conference or Exhibition outfits.
He would have had a fridge full of beer, would have beeen under your truck to help with a problem and would have been full of jokes ane wisecracks.
He’s one of the ‘Old School’ and one of the best.

I have loads of pictures of him & the truck to help jog some memories but i have no idea how to post them so i am sending some to Dave for him to post .

darrenjackson52@hotmail.com

07734 235225

I CAN ONLY SAY SORRY FOR THE SPELLING, it is EDMONDS not EDMUNDS, as Johnny was always saying about various lovey production types who did not get his surname correct, probably why I never spelt it right, as it was always a laugh…Darren, not got pics yet, will look 2morrow, thanks Mate, later.

Sorry Dave.

Have found pictures on the computer but can’t even manage to attach them.

Will have to wait till tomorrow when someone can do it for me.

DARREN

Why don’t you set up a paypal account that people can put donations in

As far as i remember you only need a bank account and an e-mail address to pay into a paypal account

I’m sure wether they know him or not that there are some kind hearted people that would be more than willing to donate to a go cause

A lot or a little all makes the difference :smiley:

Dave and Darren.

You have E-mail

Kate

Sorry to hear of the misfortune sufferred by Johnny G, best wishes to him and his family. Hope it works out Ok for him because there but for the grace and all that…goes the rest of us.

Just came accross this post ,my heart goes out to the family.

Have you tried going to the British embassy in Madrid.I have heard of cases like these before where the British embassy can step in and help out with some sort of loan to get the chap back to this country.

British Embassy
C/ Fernando el Santo, 16
28010 Madrid

Tel.(34) (91) 700 82 00

Just a thought anyway folks as this chap needs help and help fast.

email me the pictures and il have them on the screen in 10 mins.

Thanks for the replies, the whole thing is very difficult and politics are involved which I cannot go into, I thank Darren & Maxine for the things they are doing behind the scenes, as they have a business to run, I have only to go to work, be it for a race team, its still only a job, & its difficult to focus on that, fortunatley for the team we are at home for a couple of weeks, but, I would like to sort out some donations or sponsorship , even some kind of advert or something at a race or if anybody out there wants to come to a race, in Europe at the same time as an F1 race, Magny Cours (July 14th-16th) Hockenhiem (July 28th-30th) Hungary (August 4th-6th)Turkey (August 25th-27th) or Monza Sept 8th - 10th maybee I could have an auction, be a weekend warrior for our team, or just get you a paddock pass for the weekend, Idont know I will look into that 2morrow, even maybee E-BAY… any way, thanks again, but before I go I just had a thought, Our Johnny used to do subby work for Sainsburys at xmas for the depot at Brimsdown, if thats correct, Darren ? so if poss any Sainsbury drivers , loading ramp, branch managers get on here, who might remember him and his old Magnum, can you organise a wip/ donation… I have been informed that the AirAmbulance is around £8k +vat = £9 Grand approx… Just a thought… no its not I am begging but i am now going to access my paypall account to see about setting up 1 for Johnny, I am truly thankful for all your replies…Darren and all his mates incl , are praying for him & his family…

Darren spoke to me earlier, he has had to get off as its as hard for him as the rest of us, if only you could have met him, Johnny that is, you would hae understood, he is a mate, a Blokes bloke, and I could go on, if the medals for the best all round “Gezzer” was up for handing out, dont bother applying, as Johnny would get the lot…the pics are comming…not yet as i havnt got them…

THIS THREAD HAS HAD 490 VIEWS, IF ONLY EVERYONE HAD DONATED £1 PER VIEW, THAT WOULD HAVE AT LEAST HELPED… PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT, MAYBE WE SHOULD START A CHARITY JUST FOR THIS TYPE OF ACCIDENT ■■?
Please disregard the post about donations to paypal at least for the moment

Post Deleted. K

I`ll willingly send some cash dave but i need to know where to send it mate.

Donations can be made to John Edmonds, c/o No 1 Haydon Road, Oxhey, Herts, WD19 4DE.

I don’t know much about this but what about

Road Haulage Association Benevolent Fund

The Road Haulage Association Benevolent Fund (a registered charity) was established to help people in need connected with our industry. This includes members and former members of the RHA, their employees and former employees, and any of their dependants.

The financial assets of the fund are held in trust by 12 Trustees, drawn from the RHA’s Executive Board and the Association’s Regional Councils.

rha.net/about-the-rha/road-h … lent-fund/

Dave,

You have e-mail

Sorry about the confusion, and as Harry Monk says its to be sent to Darren & Maxine at the company address which is John Edmonds c/o 1 Haydon Road, Oxhey, Herts, WD19 4DE.thanks for your support & generous donations, to a very dear good old mucker that we are proud to have as a mate, but please put a short note in with your donation about yourself and address where his wife Carol & family can send you a personal thank you, this is a request from Carol herself, so please please tell us who you are. anyway on a better note, fingers crossed Johnny should be causing chaos on the roads from Luton to Chase Farm hospital in Enfield, as he has not long ago landed with the Air Ambulance , god bless you Johnny, and my appoligies to anyone held up behind the slow moving ambulance, with police ■■■■■■, I can just imagin him laying there thinking, " how much is this nick gonna cost me when the old bill finally stop us"… more news as I get the call again thank you all for your support, Carol knows about it through Darren…