abs warning

abs warning light has come on all was ok when i strarted when trailor is empty u tuch the brakes its as if the trailor is not brakin have changed abs suzie as i thought it it was a brocken wire it is a daf 95xf eny help wood be much apreciated thanks

Replace the bulb with a blown one. The lack of brakes is nothing to do with the light.

Fuse. Replace and couple up with ignition off :wink:

Your brake system is all mechanical.
The ABS/EBS is electrical.
If the trailer isn’t braking at all, there’s a serious fault with the mechanical air brake system, not the electrical ABS system.
If the ABS/EBS fails, you should still have normal braking, just the ABS won’t work if you anchor up.

cieranc:
Your brake system is all mechanical.
The ABS/EBS is electrical.
If the trailer isn’t braking at all, there’s a serious fault with the brake system, not the ABS system.
If the ABS/EBS fails, you should still have normal braking, just the ABS won’t work if you anchor up.

+1 I’ll have a fiver on a kinked suzie :smiley:

Hehe. Been out to a trailer doing the same. Was one of these that you have to put red and yellow suzies on in right order. Found both suzies in correctly, but shunt valve pushed in :blush:
Pulled the suzies out, connected back up in the right order, shunt valve popped out, brakes off, job’s a good’un :smiley:

Has your trailer got a masie rail for the suzies?
Have a look there if it has, follow the pipes out the back of the suzie couplings, slide the rail back and forth, check for kinks.

If you’re still convinced it’s electrical, tip the cab and check the wiring loom where it passes under the n/s wheel arch.
DAFs love to rot the wiring there.

Is it possible a fault on the air system could confuse the electrics and put the ABS light on?

Bloody shunt valves are a PITA, damned things should be hidden away inside a compartment that stabs a serrated spike through any hand that ventures inside it.

Bloke who ‘helped’ me swap trailers pushed the bloody thing in unbeknown to me, took me a couple of minutes head scratching and poking about before i twigged…he’s another PITA.

You get a good laugh on here sometimes :laughing:

Juddian:
Bloody shunt valves are a PITA, damned things should be hidden away inside a compartment that stabs a serrated spike through any hand that ventures inside it.

Bloke who ‘helped’ me swap trailers pushed the bloody thing in unbeknown to me, took me a couple of minutes head scratching and poking about before i twigged…he’s another PITA.

Do a ■■■ in a jiffy bag and post it to him.
That’ll teach him.

AHT:
Is it possible a fault on the air system could confuse the electrics and put the ABS light on?

Yes. But even with the abs not working properly, the basic braking system should be ok.
My point above, it’s not an electrical fault if the trailer ain’t braking at all. here must be a mechanical fault for that.

Put a glove or a rag over the light. Problem solved.

Happydaze:

Think I’ve been in that Truckstop as well, but it was a tenner for ■■■■■ Suzie

Herongate:

Happydaze:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OK, so hyper-pathetical question:

If you have a bit of black electrical tape stuck on the dash, and that’s your pet tape, your all time favourite piece of tape, could the VOSA peel that tape off to have a look under it, or make you take it off?

What about if you colour the abs light in with a permanent marker?

Would that not fix your brakes?

Stopping ■■■■■■■ about and get yourself down the road!

thanks for all replies i am going to check at unit plug as there should be power at all ports if no power at one then broken wire thanks to all

Happydaze:
I’ll have a fiver on ■■■■■ suzie :smiley:

she was a tenner last time I met her… :blush:

Herongate:

small world :laughing: :laughing:

My god your a bunch of reckless lunatics telling him to drive without ABS. No thought to safety or anything. Shocking. It’s this attitude that is the reason I don’t post on here much anymore…

Whats ABS anyway?
Ashtrays both sides init?