Abolish/Scrap the CPC Legislation

It is requested that the CPC Legislation be Abolished/Scrapped

I apologise in advance if this being my first post upsets anyone. I am trying to get as much support and publicity as possible to obtain over 100,000 signatures on this e-petition - epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/33997

I am a class 1 driver myself on containers at present and have listened to a vast majority of drivers who are not in favour of the CPC Legislation.

The training is paid for by drivers themselves, 35hours training every 5 years for the rest of your driving career (Some may be able to get the training for - what appears to be FREE ? - NVQ/CPC Course via a Training Company) but these FREE ? Courses cost the tax payer (Thats all of us) approx £1800-00 per person. So its a very profitable venture for Training providers. (Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training (JAUPT) not (JAUNT)

There is No Pass or Fail for the CPC, although you will get a NVQ Certificate (If you do the NVQ/CPC FREE ? Course)

So Im after some feedback from drivers. Does this CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) improve the Industry or do you want it Abolished/Scrapped ?

13 previous e-petitions have been submitted on HM Government Website, regarding scrapping the cpc and have been rejected by the Transport Dept (3 of them what I submitted) 1 e-petition approved in favour of the cpc. I only got this e-petition approved by submitting it thru - The Leader of the House Of Commons.

So the Question is Do you Want it ? or Scrap it ?

its EU legislation, will a petition to our govt overturn their decisions :question:

I don’t want it but I think we’re stuck with it.

Not sure where the £1,800 figure comes from though, the DCPC is £350 locally. The Operator’s CPC is nearer £1,800 but that is not what a driver has to take.

The £1800-00 Fee is claimed by the training providers from Government Funds as drivers get a NVQ Certificate and yes it costs drivers approx £350-00 for just the cpc training. dvtani.gov.uk/drivercpc/peri … ngfaqs.asp

im with you driver, there’s enough people making money out off the industry that should be going to the driver. Iv’e signed it…

jackslad:
im with you driver, there’s enough people making money out off the industry that should be going to the driver. Iv’e signed it…

Ive signed as well

green456:
its EU legislation, will a petition to our govt overturn their decisions :question:

We can only Try !!!

Done

Madguy :smiling_imp:

Signed :wink:

I don’t mind it if its free, I wouldnt be overly chuffed about paying for it, although it is only 1 day a year so not really expensive in the grand scheme of things. as for it being government funded, I really don’t mind getting something back, not as though I’m claiming dole money for doing nothing. (I’m referring to those who don’t want to work for a living) I pay enough into the shoddy government.

No chance mate its here and its here to stay so you may as well just get on with it.

Whats wrong with some people these days thinking they can change the world with an e-petition get real.

We pay for our drivers to do it because we value our drivers. I’m not signing it, I believe it needs improving, but that will come with time, it’s actually going to benefit some retards!

The drivers who continually bleat on about this are the ones who always say " Ive been driving blah blah years and you cant teach me nothing" and the same ones who usually end up with infingements, broken mirrors, dented trucks, etc etc.

Stop bleating, shut yer big mouth for five minutes, listen and you might learn something.

rant over.

Think its here to stay. I want fuel prices at a reasonable rate but it aint gonna happen.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

well said i done mine over 5 days and some of the questions people were asking was embarresing basic stuff that everyone should know my company paid for the coarse and we got 50hrs pay as well.

Personally I think the dcpc (the one were you have to do a theory and practical first then 35hr) is a load of ■■■■■■■■.

The standard 35hrs I don’t see why everyone is moaning, you could actually learn something out of it. Like digi cards, driving times ect. All worth doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

do you really think you can get it scrapped? the time for trying to get it scrapped was before people became trainers and before any drivers had took any training.

you’d be better petitioning to make it credible

Pansie Division:
Personally I think the dcpc (the one were you have to do a theory and practical first then 35hr) is a load of ■■■■■■■■.

The standard 35hrs I don’t see why everyone is moaning, you could actually learn something out of it. Like digi cards, driving times ect. All worth doing.

am i missing something here :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing:

i have signed it because as the cpc stands at the moment its pretty worthless, having no pass or fail and being able to do the same coarse 5 times just is a waste of time, it needs to be totally re-thought :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

ND888 BIGJ:
well said i done mine over 5 days and some of the questions people were asking was embarresing basic stuff that everyone should know my company paid for the coarse and we got 50hrs pay as well.

Well Lucky You! :unamused:
Your lucky you are not in the category of drivers funding themselves aren’t you? I’m alright jack and ■■■■ the rest of you ■■■■■■■■ attitude!! :stuck_out_tongue:

You drive a coach don’t you? :wink:

I’m with you, i have just signed.