Abolish Bank Holidays

44 Tonne Ton:
Seems like a very good idea to me!

guardian.co.uk/commentisfree … scrap-them

This is the profile of the Guardian journo;
Sam Jordison is the author of Sod That: 103 Things Not to Do Before You Die and co-editor of Crap Towns. He still hasn’t written a novel.

Just the sort of bloke you wanna have beer with! :unamused:

Dave55:

44 Tonne Ton:
Seems like a very good idea to me!

guardian.co.uk/commentisfree … scrap-them

This is the profile of the Guardian journo;
Sam Jordison is the author of Sod That: 103 Things Not to Do Before You Die and co-editor of Crap Towns. He still hasn’t written a novel.

Just the sort of bloke you wanna have beer with! :unamused:

I would, the crap towns books are brilliant! :smiley:

limeyphil:

harry:
Abolish Banks!

they nearly did that on their own. :laughing:

i would love to go back to a cash society.

+1

If people only paid cash for stuff, then prices would fall as soon as it didn’t sell.

Credit only keeps prices high.

Since bank holiday working is damned hard to get any of at the moment, (reluctance to pay premium rates by firms) then I’d also have to agree with the idea of “Stopping bank holidays until the recession is over” :smiling_imp:

Banks should pay super tax until the recession is over too - thus encouraging them to lend enough to firms to get us all out of it! :grimacing:

Happydaze:

att:
I only work a couple of days a week, so they mean nothing to me, other than grockles causing bottle necks on the Monday :laughing:

Just had a google for what a grockle is. You learn something every day! I quite like it, grockle grockle :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Its Cornish for tourist - I knew what it meant without googling it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I say keep bank holidays - wouldnt get away with parking the coach outside the house for a few hours otherwise :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

a polish guy i work with was moaning last week, because in poland the 1st and 3rd of may are bank holidays and everyone just books the rest of the week off, so the whole country just shuts down for 9 days.
he was trying to send some money to his missus but their banks were all shut. :unamused:

Harry Monk:

Happydaze:

mickyblue:
I would rather be at work training for my next test then be sat on my back side

Exactly, let’s abolish them until the recession is over.

Let’s go the whole hog and abolish weekends too. I’m sure we would be more productive if we didn’t spend time with our families and children which could be spent working.

I think it’s all a government conspiracy.They must be using some type of gas or something in the water to send everyone loopy in wanting to go back to the 19th century.Obviously some are more resistant to whatever it is the zb’s are using than others. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

Happydaze:

mickyblue:

Let’s go the whole hog and abolish weekends too. I’m sure we would be more productive if we didn’t spend time with our families and children which could be spent working.

I am all for weekends at home with the Mrs, but a weekday as a bank holiday is wrong!

Winseer:

limeyphil:

harry:
Abolish Banks!

they nearly did that on their own. :laughing:

i would love to go back to a cash society.

+1

If people only paid cash for stuff, then prices would fall as soon as it didn’t sell.

Credit only keeps prices high.

Since bank holiday working is damned hard to get any of at the moment, (reluctance to pay premium rates by firms) then I’d also have to agree with the idea of “Stopping bank holidays until the recession is over” :smiling_imp:

Banks should pay super tax until the recession is over too - thus encouraging them to lend enough to firms to get us all out of it! :grimacing:

Credit is actually all that’s keeping the economy afloat.So we abolish credit including all mortgage loans and just pay cash for everything based on current wage levels.In your world prices will obviously come tumbling down to that same level and you’ll be able to buy a four bed detatched house for zb all.

Or,as is more likely,the economy would just crash and burn (much) sooner than it will at present. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

No prizes for guessing which of the two scenarios all the raving moneterist Tory party supporters think would happen. :open_mouth: .

mickyblue:

Harry Monk:

Happydaze:

mickyblue:

I am all for weekends at home with the Mrs, but a weekday as a bank holiday is wrong!

If you’re getting paid for it why. :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :laughing:

You lot must be mad. I work to live not live to work. Why would anyone rather work then spend time with your family & friends. All you people who would rather work then be at home must be off your ■■■■■■■ trolly & maybe you should get out more. We only live once & i for one don’t want to spend it working. I work hard at work because thats what we have to do but if i get the chance to have a day off then thats great. Get a life!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

tyler4164:
You lot must be mad. I work to live not live to work. Why would anyone rather work then spend time with your family & friends. All you people who would rather work then be at home must be off your [zb] trolly & maybe you should get out more. We only live once & i for one don’t want to spend it working. I work hard at work because thats what we have to do but if i get the chance to have a day off then thats great. Get a life!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

What would you do if you didn’t have to work? How would you spend your time?

Happydaze:

tyler4164:
You lot must be mad. I work to live not live to work. Why would anyone rather work then spend time with your family & friends. All you people who would rather work then be at home must be off your [zb] trolly & maybe you should get out more. We only live once & i for one don’t want to spend it working. I work hard at work because thats what we have to do but if i get the chance to have a day off then thats great. Get a life!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If i had money & didnt need to work as such i would be starting my own charity to help fund single fathers who are fighting to see their kids as i am. The help isn’t out there for single fathers!!! That would give me more satisfaction then any average job. I would also spend more time with loved ones etc

tyler4164:

Happydaze:

tyler4164:

If i had money & didnt need to work as such i would be starting my own charity to help fund single fathers who are fighting to see their kids as i am. The help isn’t out there for single fathers!!! That would give me more satisfaction then any average job. I would also spend more time with loved ones etc

Righto.

No way,i get treble time for working them!

Stevie DS:
No way,i get treble time for working them!

+1 enjoying the day off lounging in front the tv while the mrs is at work oh the peace :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

tyler4164:

I would be for scrapping Bank Holidays and get just a normal holiday instead to use whenever I please.

orys:

tyler4164:

I would be for scrapping Bank Holidays and get just a normal holiday instead to use whenever I please.

I don’t think that working bank holidays ‘if’ you ‘choose’ to,for extra rate,and having a day off added to your paid holiday entitlement to take whenever you want,which no one would argue with,is exactly what the raving tory lot actually mean by the idea of ‘scrapping bank holidays’.

You can bet that the real agenda would be scrapping of all bank holidays to be worked as an ordinary day at ordinary rates to be followed by scrapping of all paid holiday entitlements and then weekend working at ordinary rate.

Carryfast:

orys:

tyler4164:

I don’t think that working bank holidays ‘if’ you ‘choose’ to,for extra rate,and having a day off added to your paid holiday entitlement to take whenever you want,which no one would argue with,is exactly what the raving tory lot actually mean by the idea of ‘scrapping bank holidays’.

You can bet that the real agenda would be scrapping of all bank holidays to be worked as an ordinary day at ordinary rates to be followed by scrapping of all paid holiday entitlements and then weekend working at ordinary rate.

It was a “raving Tory” that wrote that piece in the Guardian eh? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:

Yeah, you right that can be a good deal - if your place is open bank holidays and you can work it. But if you have no choice and you just have to sit at home its not as fun.

I work bank holidays anyway so they mean ■■■■ all to me, didnt think you were allowed time off as a driver too do things you enjoy.