Aberdeen Parking?

Does anybody know of any safe parking around Aberdeen ? My destination will be Inverurie Monday morning. So after somewhere around that general area maybe within an hour ish?

Thanks in advance :grimacing:

as you drop down into the centre you come to a weight limited bridge so you have to turn right and then do a left and go over the next bridge, after you have done that and your on the other side of the river make as if you are going to go back over the weight ltd bridge but donā€™t, turn left just before it and park there, quiet and few places within walking distance, someone local will know the road names and probably give you a better description :blush:

chaversdad:
as you drop down into the centre you come to a weight limited bridge so you have to turn right and then do a left and go over the next bridge, after you have done that and your on the other side of the river make as if you are going to go back over the weight ltd bridge but donā€™t, turn left just before it and park there, quiet and few places within walking distance, someone local will know the road names and probably give you a better description :blush:

Ill have a nosey on my map mate, thanks a lot. Appriciated

Donā€™t know much about the area to recommend anywhere but this was on here recently so be careful.

viewtopic.php?t=103361

damoq:
Donā€™t know much about the area to recommend anywhere but this was on here recently so be careful.

viewtopic.php?t=103361

Yeah thatā€™s what made me ask, canā€™t beat local knowledge .

Thereā€™s always Stracathro services on the A90, about 45-ish minutes south of Aberdeen. Ā£10 to park.

A90 Stracathro Services. DO NOT EAT HERE!
LIDL Car park. A947/A96. Stoneywood.

:neutral_face: I read about the food there.

Iā€™ll be using Stracathro as last resort

Be advised that Aberdeen Truck Stop ramps the parking price from Ā£9 a night to Ā£22 a night whenever there is an exhibition on at AECC. Iā€™m also told that there is no security whatsoever, not even a fence.

ā€œNot recommendedā€ seems to be Word on the Street.

Not been up that way for years but I used to park on the fish docks. Dunno if you still can but it was ideal for food and drink nearby.

I must have got lucky at Stracathro, I got there about 8 o clock and just about all the food had gone, so the gadge rustled me up a Burger and Chips, and brought out a plate of grub that Red Rum wouldnā€™t have jumped over! It wasnā€™t that bad, either.

hi mate try portlethen asda chippy subway come off a90 down past asda to t junction turn left 1st right into ind est Volvo trucks along there and wm nicol transport depot parked there loads never any probs sure nicols yard has cctv boss even asked if I needed to use toilets etc bloody nice bloke recommend you shower at Dundee truck stop on way up as stratcathro is a dump stuck in time warp just my opinion though

the truckstop has reopened and i hear the restraunt is serving good grub at a decent, i cant vouch for it as havent been in but the few that have been in said it was good, dont know what price they charge

WETBEHINDTHELUGS:
I must have got lucky at Stracathro, I got there about 8 o clock and just about all the food had gone, so the gadge rustled me up a Burger and Chips, and brought out a plate of grub that Red Rum wouldnā€™t have jumped over! It wasnā€™t that bad, either.

ifyou were very lucky :laughing:

you could park in the industrial estate beside the morrisons store which is oppisite the inverurie police station, where you starting from ?

scotstrucker:
you could park in the industrial estate beside the morrisons store which is oppisite the inverurie police station, where you starting from ?

second that! Your on the doorstep then. Wetherspoons in town, short walk.

riverside drive was where I was thinking

I was up the about a month ago now I parked on the road at the side of what I think is the river just a couple of blocks away from the ferry place opposite I think Jamesā€™s crane hire big green cranes was fairly close to the centre it was ok if you donā€™t find the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  swaking every time a trawler shows some kind of movement

scotstrucker:

Do you know name of street, ind est , or postcode mate?

robroy:

scotstrucker:

Do you know name of street, ind est , or postcode mate?

Burghmuir circle.