Aberdeenshire fuel theft epidemic

anybody traveling too aberdeenshire and have too overnight then be warned there is an epidemic of fuel thefts happening, the following roads are frequently targeted by the fuel thieves, a947 dyce too banff, a90 aberdeen too fraserburgh, a98 fraserburgh too fochabers, a95 portsoy to keith, a96 aberdeen to inverness, a97 banff to huntly, a944 aberdeen to alford, a944 alford to huntly. there will be many more but these i hear are the worst.

Here’s an idea, set the bait, put it in decent lighting in a layby

Sit and wait with sledge hammer

Once one or two are wheeling around Lidl in their wheelchairs im sure the others might get the idea :laughing:

voodoo1:
Here’s an idea, set the bait, put it in decent lighting in a layby

Sit and wait with sledge hammer

Once one or two are wheeling around Lidl in their wheelchairs im sure the others might get the idea :laughing:

if only

scotstrucker:
anybody traveling too aberdeenshire and have too overnight then be warned there is an epidemic of fuel thefts happening, the following roads are frequently targeted by the fuel thieves, a947 dyce too banff, a90 aberdeen too fraserburgh, a98 fraserburgh too fochabers, a95 portsoy to keith, a96 aberdeen to inverness, a97 banff to huntly, a944 aberdeen to alford, a944 alford to huntly. there will be many more but these i hear are the worst.

Also a spate of metal thefts off the railways up there too,could it be anything to do with an influx of our travelling “friends”,just saying like :wink:

GOG47:

scotstrucker:

Also a spate of metal thefts off the railways up there too,could it be anything to do with an influx of our travelling “friends”,just saying like :wink:

How very dare you!!! :smiling_imp:

GOG47:

scotstrucker:

them chavvy weddings and fake tan dont come cheap

“can a tarmac ya drive for ya,dont stand on it for a week”

Thread will be locked soon. Glad I had a read before it went :smiley: :smiley:

^^^^^^, unfortunately…

GOG47:

scotstrucker:

Add car theft to the list too.

Basically avoid the bit :laughing:

scotstrucker:

Ah, so this is why it’s called “oil capital of UK” :slight_smile:

well the police only went and caught two of the fuel thieves on tuesday beside turriff, i’m told by the trucks owner that the two had stolen 170 odd litres of fuel from his truck in the early hours, after he called the police he noticed tracks going through a rough overgrown part of the layby too a field behind where he found 7x25 litre drums filled with fuel, when the police turned up ( that was a surprise) they were astounded that the thieves had stashed there stash so near too the scene of the crime, anyway the cops set up a sting watching the area where the drums were and around lunchtime 2 people were seen arriving and going into the field and returning with the drums of fuel, they were stopped a short way from the layby and detained. the truck owner said the police believe these two are only part of a gang of syphoners plageing the north east of scotland.

GOG47:

scotstrucker:

was loading a boat in aberdeen yesterday and every bit of waste land has traveling communittys parked on it, the grain store we were loading at had it’s heating oil, fuel for the loaders and fuel for the grain dryers nicked in 1 weekend but it was all caught on camera but the toerags must av knew as they aint been caught

Was speaking to a farmer yesterday in Inverurie , he was saying a lot of farms have been raided for fuel as well he was also saying a relative had his transit tank drilled on the drive of his house, seemingly transits are being targeted because they have plastic tanks.

scotstrucker:
well the police only went and caught two of the fuel thieves on tuesday beside turriff, i’m told by the trucks owner that the two had stolen 170 odd litres of fuel from his truck in the early hours, after he called the police he noticed tracks going through a rough overgrown part of the layby too a field behind where he found 7x25 litre drums filled with fuel, when the police turned up ( that was a surprise) they were astounded that the thieves had stashed there stash so near too the scene of the crime, anyway the cops set up a sting watching the area where the drums were and around lunchtime 2 people were seen arriving and going into the field and returning with the drums of fuel, they were stopped a short way from the layby and detained. the truck owner said the police believe these two are only part of a gang of syphoners plageing the north east of scotland.

This is a true fact as I have found loads of diesel when working for the police.

When your on a country lane in the middle of no where keep an eye out for drums. I had found loads in a village called Sutton near to the A47 Wansford. It was in a little field covered up with sheets and under a lot of trees. I only found them when I stopped for a cig and could smell the fuel. Later on in the week about 2 miles up the road I had found a load of drums with fuel on board. They appear from every where. They don’t have to even be near your lorry to nick the fuel. They can just stand in a field and pump it out with those cheap pump kits you can get.

They passed through the Lothians a few weeks back, the crimewave was unreal. They’d have the wheels off a jumbo if it flew low enough