Abbey logistics

Anyone know what abbey logistics in hull are like ?

Hi Paul,

My name is Bob ■■■■■■■■ and I am the HR manager. I am also a former driver.
The job is what you make it like any other really. I have worked here for 6 years and have seen lots of good and some not so good changes during that time.
Hull depot is probably the most settled in the company with very little turnover and fewer employment opportunities.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the job please feel to contact me direct. 07584 472233.
Please be aware that I am on annual leave next week and will return on Monday 20th April 2015.
We are also planning to introduce a new pay scheme for new drivers joining the company from the 4th May onwards, which I can go through with you if you get in touch.
One thing I can promise you is an honest and open conversation with no flannel. I have no interest in trying to attract individuals to the business by not telling the truth.
Give me a call mate if you would like to discuss it further.
All the best,
Bob.

Well there u go straight fi the horses mouth lol. Better than just trucks stop rumours.

You hardly ever see jobs advertised there and from what I can recall from the last time I saw jobs advertised the money was quite good and this is going back a few years.

Strange first two posts, one asking a question another answering.

well spotted , mac, considering both accounts were opened this month.
I remember seeing their adverts a few months ago, sounded pretty desperate, promising a lot of money, something along the lines of “our best driver made over 700 quid last month. Interested? , call us on…” lol.
When you look on their website they have jobs available in virtually every depot all over the country. If it was such a good , well paying job, why would they be having problems finding drivers, then?

Desperate is the word I’ve got two mates that use to work for that cowboy out fit.
They are losing 5 plus drivers a week due to their new operations man. No over time little nights out they said the money is now crap.
I so one of their drivers last week and he looked like he ain’t washed for a week and the state of his cab…enough said.
Try samat it works for me.

Thanks everyone for their replys , as varied as they may be .
Bob , il give u a call when ur back thanks.

There a guy on here works out of erith (won’t name him) and he is desperate to get out aparantly it was a good job now gone to crap.

when i worked there, it seemed a good outfit, plenty of moaners telling you otherwise but plenty saying it was good too, i only left becasue of family (bob knows :slight_smile: ), but what i found is if you dont want a night out just ask and they will try an plan to get you back, could be lots of waiting round and loads getting changed but who cares your hourly, give it a go mate they seem a good bunch

mac12:
Strange first two posts, one asking a question another answering.

Completely different IP’s, nothing at all to suggest what you are inferring :unamused:

We used to subby for Abbey for around 2 yrs the job its self was ok, Bob seems to be a straight talking guy and seems to tell you how it is plain and simple, the down side and why we took the trucks from Abbey was due to penny pinching there was always a problem with our invoices after around 13 months of working with them the issues started,
for example a run was paid via miles this is just a EXAMPLE ! traff park ~ Shepton mallet ~traff park we shall say it was 395 miles this was ok but after a while Shepton mallet became a lot closer to Trafford park, by around 35 miles?? I no we had very bad rain one year but Shepton mallet surely hadn’t floated 35miles further up the country toward Manchester…
this was on all delivery’s they all became a lot shorter,
then the word was Abbey had brought a guy in to sort it all out drivers hours /wages and subbys etc. They was only a couple of us on I think at this time with abbey “subbys”!!! And this is where things started to go wrong with invoices and penny pinching so it was time to get out as when some one quibbles over a supposedly over charge on mileage of £9.00 and some times lower of around £3.00 for the same jobs you have done time and time again for x number of pounds then it starts to be wrong etc…
" I don’t think they are in anyway" , but it makes you think esp. When they have 60 days of your money is this company in a little trouble with this penny pinching etc and its time to move on so that is what we did… one of our drivers stayed with abbey when we took the trucks off
Abbey do take time to train the drivers and wont let you out till they think you are ok to go out by yourself
and you even get a day or so with Bob in the classroom… :wink:
some say “abbey drivers” its shot to bits now and gone down hill so much… while others say its ok ?

End of the day Paul not every company is to every one’s taste, I’ve worked for the bad ones and some good.
The Trucking Game is not to every one’s liking, But what my mates said that it’s changing fast hence the drivers leaving.
Try them see what you think??

On first impressions Bob sounds an alright bloke.

bob i tried to get on powder tanks earlier this year 2015 i had a interview but overslept i no it was my fault but i appologised and when i tried again was just knocked back saying no chance i thought with abbey being a big company now they would of listened and gave a chance to good drivers

Let’s be fair, if you couldn’t get to the interview on time for whatever reason, it’s doubtful they will give you a second chance

NickW88:
Let’s be fair, if you couldn’t get to the interview on time for whatever reason, it’s doubtful they will give you a second chance

+1. If I got an interview for with one of the industries better employers & overslept for it, I wouldn’t expect a second chance.

Such firms can cherry pick the best and the bloke who doesn’t show up for interview is hardly showing off his professionalism does he? :unamused: You blew it danielsdad, get over it.

, call us on…" lol.

Are you saying the phone number is laugh out loud or that you laugh out loud at phone numbers?

Seen more sense in a 4 year old.

DANIELSDAD:
bob i tried to get on powder tanks earlier this year 2015 i had a interview but overslept i no it was my fault but i appologised and when i tried again was just knocked back saying no chance i thought with abbey being a big company now they would of listened and gave a chance to good drivers

You sad individual, you cant get out of bed to get to an interview, yet you expect a second chance? “to good drivers” God help us.

Only 1 sad person that you blunder man not me if ppl can’t post something then it’s a bad thing isn’t it I told truth you the sad 1