A9 Average Speed Cameras

With the new average speed cameras going live this Tuesday 28th, does anybody know what sort of tolerance these cameras will have?
I go along the Perth to Dunblane (all dual carriageway) section everyday and was now thinking of going M90, Forth Bridge, M8 to avoid the cameras, anyone think this could now be quicker?

Pedal to the metal baby :sunglasses:

Fergi:
With the new average speed cameras going live this Tuesday 28th, does anybody know what sort of tolerance these cameras will have?
I go along the Perth to Dunblane (all dual carriageway) section everyday and was now thinking of going M90, Forth Bridge, M8 to avoid the cameras, anyone think this could now be quicker?

Or you could go A9 and just stick to the limit :neutral_face:

from Keir Roundabout Dunblane to Broxden Roundabout Perthg is 26.6 miles according to AA Route Planner

theaa.com/route-planner/inde … |56.387764 miles

assuming 50mph all the way… 26.6/50 = 0.532hrs using calculatorsoup.com/calculato … ulator.php = 31min 55secs

assuming 56mph all the way 26.6/56 = 0.475hrs 28mins 30secs

so potentially adding 3 and a half minutes, ie no point changing route just because of the cameras

obviously you won’t be doing that speed all the way - will vary depending on how heavy loaded you are, the big climb after Dunblane and a few miles before Perth will add time, or reduce it if southbound :unamused:

there’s also other things to take in to consideration like having to deal with eastbound M8 traffic in the morning if you go over the bridge

wont make any difference :exclamation: they will still be the 40mph lot who wont pull in and let folk past :unamused: still be accidents caused imo by careless drivers not speed :exclamation: cant think that ive seen any vehicle come of the road between iness and perth on a bend because of speed.truck at 40mph and a car at 60mph still 100mph impact :exclamation: get the bloody road made into a dual carriageway ,no spend money fitting average cameras all the way from stirling to iness money well spent :question:

the only way the road is as good as it is now,is because the goverments over the years need to make sure they can get the oil out of the north sea,there getting it easily enough for years now,hence the road wont be getting improved in a hurry.

dieseldog999:
the only way the road is as good as it is now,is because the goverments over the years need to make sure they can get the oil out of the north sea,there getting it easily enough for years now,hence the road wont be getting improved in a hurry.

As you’re from across the water, I can appreciate that you’re geography might be a little awry, but I don’t think there’s ever been a lot of North Sea related traffic between Perth and Inverness, other than the early days when there was rig work at Ardersier and Nigg. Bit of a long road for a short-cut!

Fergi:

Really ? Unbelievable. How about going up the a9 doing 50mph ? Just think…you will lose a whole 12 minutes compared with doing that 6mph more and putting your license at risk.

Fergi:
does anybody know what sort of tolerance these cameras will have?

according to this pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1137905 it’s 10% + 2mph - so 57 for a 50 limit

never looked in to that before, but if it’s true then just carry on as normal. it’s a bit of a joke doing 50mph on the Perth to Dunblane section, it’s all proper DC. maybe i’m wrong and I know there are junctions and possibly tractors on the road but I don’t see the extra 6mph making any difference on that road

p.s I won’t be the one risking it to find out!

What this all about if you are already limited to 50mph on DC.
One day had to go from Aberdeen to Glasgow for morning delivery. Decide to stay overnight at Stirling. All way down is a DC. SatNav showed me x amount of time. Because I was doing 55mph I get to Stirling 20 minutes faster compare what the SatNav showed to me.
So because of me speeding I get there quicker and at the same time I got less money in wage slip.

So once again. What this all about if most of us get paid hourly?

Zanfta:
So once again. What this all about if most of us get paid hourly?

You are wasting your time mate to some on here, you ain’t a big macho trucker if you don’t sit on the limiter all day and teararse about so you can then go and bore the arse off your mates boasting about how fast you tipped and loaded here there and ■■■■■■ everywhere :unamused:

neverhome73:
wont make any difference :exclamation: they will still be the 40mph lot who wont pull in and let folk past :unamused: still be accidents caused imo by careless drivers not speed :exclamation: cant think that ive seen any vehicle come of the road between iness and perth on a bend because of speed.truck at 40mph and a car at 60mph still 100mph impact :exclamation: get the bloody road made into a dual carriageway ,no spend money fitting average cameras all the way from stirling to iness money well spent :question:

Newton’s law would say otherwise. :wink:

at least youll be able to do 50 on that bit of road, do the perth to inverness bit, twits doing 40…then flat out on the dualer

brilliant…{zb}

30mph----40mph----50mph----60mph----70mph---- no risk :smiley:
31mph----42mph----53mph----64mph----75mph---- low risk
32mph----43mph----54mph----65mph----76mph---- med risk
33mph----44mph----55mph----66mph----77mph---- high risk :cry:

If you had an accident which one would you like the court to hear ?

speed limit is going to be 50mph on single carriageways AND dual carriageways on the 28th

is the 50mph limit only only the A9 or is it all national speed limit single carriageways?

it may be 50 on the singles but tesco and asda/harry lawson will still be doing 40 and not moving over for anyone.

and its only the a9

is this definite?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28459472

taken from link…

The speed limit for lorries on single carriageway main roads in England and Wales will rise from 40mph to 50mph, the government has announced.

The move, affecting heavy goods vehicles weighing more than 7.5 tonnes, will come into force in early 2015.

The government is also proposing to increase the speed limit for lorries on dual carriageways from 50mph to 60mph.

Depending on the outcome of a consultation on the subject, this could also come into effect in early 2015.

The existing speed limits continue to apply until then.

yes

defo

for now it seems anyway. would take anything the government say with a pinch of salt

50 in Scotland on all single carriageways too come ‘early 2015’ or just the A9■■

stick to the limit. End of.