A75 scotland 40mph!

Mazzer2:
New one on me there didn’t realise that they had cancelled all the daytime sailings

If you have had any dealings with the D & G police you would soon realise that they make the Met police look like the most politically correct police force in the UK.

The ferry traffic lunacy takes place at night when the A75 is empty. It’s too busy and too many slower vehicles during the day to speed excessively. You’d know that if you drove the A75.

I don’t have dealings with D&G police because I don’t drive like a moron.

Well I made it,
No animals were harmed and the children are ok.[emoji41][emoji854]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

RoadsRat:

Mazzer2:

RoadsRat:

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
quite right.
just think how many of those perpurtrators of evil would be caught by plod if they wernt creeping around bushes and laybyes on the 75 and surrounding areas waiting to milk the cash cow trucks.
they might actually be able to justify their existence that way by doing something useful for a change.
the 75 is the most truck unfriendly euro route in existence for no other reason than to hound trucks for revenue.
theres accidents on it same as every other truck infested road,but most of them wouldnt be from trucks travelling at 50+ mph.
id be sure theres more caused by trying to get past wazzocks doing 40 and the likes causing frustration and annoyance,hence the a9 being dragged up to 50 same as england.

Well if the ferry traffic didn’t drive like morons then they wouldn’t be there, would they?

You previously claimed “entrapment” and still haven’t answered how you claim that. Can you elaborate on that please?

Why is it “revenue” or “cash cow”? The money from fines goes to Westminster, Police Scotland don’t get a penny of it. Doesn’t matter whether they catch one or hundred drivers, no “revenue” goes to them.

As for it being the “most truck unfriendly Euro route”, maybe that’s because the locals that use the A75 or the residents of the villages that the A75 are fed up of the ferry traffic not sticking to the speed limits?

The only trucks that seem to crash into the hedges and fields about month a once on the A75 are usually Irish registered trucks. Probably the lack of brain cells and lack of driving talent because their tip money works out at less than the minimum wage hence the excess speeds.

And in jumps someone else with no experience of driving the 75 as I said earlier during the day the locals will give you plenty of warning about the speed traps as they don’t want to be sitting at 40mph from one end to the other

The locals flash all drivers whatever the vehicle.

The ferry traffic use the A75 late at night when the locals are in bed so they won’t be flashing the ferry traffic about the camera vans that aren’t there at night. :unamused:

The residents of Crocketford and Springholm are always complaining about trucks exceeding the 30 mph limit through the villages.

The residents of Crocketford and Springholm that do all the complaining tend to be retired incomer busybodies with too much time on they’re hands (the lunatic who stays at the edge of Springholm who agitated for the new traffic light system being a case in point- recently retired and took up with an incomer bint from the other end of the village :unamused: )Us locals get more pee’d off with plobbers sitting at 40 causing 2mile tailbacks than a Paddy on the limiter who’s been n gone in the blink of an eye.
Plod around here are non-existant where we need them, ie- out in the boonies catching scum robbing farms, forestry sites and isolated houses, but they’ll always be found skulking around the end of straight bits of road with the gun out in an un-marked BM.
To be slightly fair to them, any time i’ve had dealings with them they do say they don’t want 40mph merchants causing big tailbacks cause it just makes car drivers frustrated and try stupid moves, more than once i’ve been told they won’t touch us if your slipping along quietly at 50

Some of the drivers who use the 75 - how shall we put this politely - have absolutely no respect for the rule of law. If the law says 40 mph they will do 50 just because they can - limiters just made to be disconnected . Now put 6,8,10 of these lads together in a hurry to get to their drops in "the bean " or back up the road to a boat. Do you really think playing road commander with these guys is going to win you any prizes?
Do yourself a favour and get into a layby and let them past otherwise youll end up losing your wing mirror if your lucky , if your not so lucky youll end up with youre own little layby for one in the nearest field .
I’ve been up and down the 75 for nearly 20 years its simple go flat out or get out of the way - holding up a pack of V8’s in a hurry to get somewhere isnt a good idea .

In that case you need to be lobbying the Scottish government to bring the speed limits into line with those of England. Unfortunately that is not likely to happen any time soon as they want to maintain a noticeable difference between the two nations but in the meantime we just have to abide by the laws we have just now. Also, for those who mention the D&G police, they don’t exist any more.

Why is it in Northern Ireland we have it EXACTLY the same as Scotland and all A/B roads are 40mph for HGV.

BUT,
You’ll NEVER see the peelers in NI pull a truck for doing 56 on a A road nevermind 50!!!
They’ll only “get a tug” if doing something stupid like silly overtake or tailgating.
They want the traffic to flow and not have car drivers performing stupid overtakes that can cause mayhem!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Somebody mentioned lobbying the government to change the speed limit to 50-fat chance o that with the wee witch Sturgeon and her roaster mates running the country! Because England were 1st to put up the limit there will be no way in hell she’ll do anything that looks like copying the enemy. Half of the ■■■■■ trumpets sitting up there in the pretend parliament in Edinburgh don’t even know where Dumfries and Galloway is, much less care!

All this talk of turning a blind eye etc…

Hit a pedestrian, cyclist, or cause a collision, and if your tacho shows you were doing anything over about 42 they’ll make an example of you. Plus, all you need is one plod on a power trip having a bad day with a grudge against us lorry plebs, and there’s nothing to stop him dishing out his worst. It’s every other ■■■■■■ I don’t trust, which is why my cruise would be on 40 for the whole length of that road. Just today I read the news about some police chief wanting to fine drivers for going 1mph over the limits. Why on earth give them the satisfaction of exploiting the weakness that is human impatience for financial gain? Let’s just slow the pace of life down a little, and do ourselves a favour. The current pace of life is bloody ridiculous, and we’re all party to it.

Mystery Action:
In that case you need to be lobbying the Scottish government to bring the speed limits into line with those of England. Unfortunately that is not likely to happen any time soon as they want to maintain a noticeable difference between the two nations but in the meantime we just have to abide by the laws we have just now. Also, for those who mention the D&G police, they don’t exist any more.

it might say police scotland on thier uniforms , cars and ID,s but …a wolf in sheeps clothing springs to mind…they know the score regards the A75 and love to let you know so :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiley:

If everyone played by the book and stuck to the 40, the TMs would need to reduce the amount of work given to any driver, they would then need to employ more people and with fewer drivers around they would probably have to offer a little better money. Sticking to 40 could result in more money for less work.
So the question should be; are the flat-to-the-mat boys depressing the pay and conditions of those not too fussed about being the bosses favourite?

wanting the speed limit raised, turkeys voting to have xmas on the 5th of Dec.

weewulliewinkie:
It might say police scotland on thier uniforms , cars and ID,s but …a wolf in sheeps clothing springs to mind…they know the score regards the A75 and love to let you know so :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiley:

Maybe Police Scotland know the score but I can just imagine Humza Yousaf sitting with his map and highlighter pen marking the next roads to get miles and miles of average speed cameras just like the A9 and A90. Would guess the A75 would be pretty near the top of his list.

can anyone remember the horrific crash at boghead farm east of the colin bypass?? when the Reids wagon went through the artic at the temp traffic lights (they were there for■■?( o a n Eire fridge red n white magnum ran into the field to avoid a slowing local turning down the racks road earlier that day ) it totally disintegrated the M&s artic that was the last in the traffic lights. no disrespect to the driver in any way. The smell o the loads/aand the fire will stay with me forever ,it melted the windows on the cottages at the roadside. Now it was in the local rag a while after that they checked when he left the ferry and the time o the incident and figured out his av speed iirc was in the high 60s. I remember people(on the AM) were saying all sorts off things about the M&S driver and the other artic that stopped at the red light in the early morning blaming them for the accident NB I was no goody 2shoes by any means when ferry chasing but I was lucky after seeing the “beast” one night and then again a week later that was enough for me to retire from the 75 whacky races.and aye I bought the house at the bottom o the mouswaldbanks on the corner (the xmas lights house) so I saw it daily and my holidays were paid for every yr by the insurance companies o folk landing in my garden due to speed. james( I recon some o the older ferry bangers
drivers will remember me know).saltydog on the AM back in the day

or the dutch flower artic EE driving that west bound at the bottom o the mouswaldbank in feb 08 that was so low flying that to save his miserable life swerved to miss the traffic waiting for a car turning right swung out and squashed the car into the trees with the people in the car trapped by there legs the car on fire,people screaming he ran away!! he had no card in . he got halfway up the hill when drivers coming down to help tackled him.i was 2nd motor behind the waiting car and was called as a witness but was in MB by then.

RoadsRat:

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
quite right.
just think how many of those perpurtrators of evil would be caught by plod if they wernt creeping around bushes and laybyes on the 75 and surrounding areas waiting to milk the cash cow trucks.
they might actually be able to justify their existence that way by doing something useful for a change.
the 75 is the most truck unfriendly euro route in existence for no other reason than to hound trucks for revenue.
theres accidents on it same as every other truck infested road,but most of them wouldnt be from trucks travelling at 50+ mph.
id be sure theres more caused by trying to get past wazzocks doing 40 and the likes causing frustration and annoyance,hence the a9 being dragged up to 50 same as england.

Well if the ferry traffic didn’t drive like morons then they wouldn’t be there, would they?

You previously claimed “entrapment” and still haven’t answered how you claim that. Can you elaborate on that please?

Why is it “revenue” or “cash cow”? The money from fines goes to Westminster, Police Scotland don’t get a penny of it. Doesn’t matter whether they catch one or hundred drivers, no “revenue” goes to them.

As for it being the “most truck unfriendly Euro route”, maybe that’s because the locals that use the A75 or the residents of the villages that the A75 are fed up of the ferry traffic not sticking to the speed limits?

The only trucks that seem to crash into the hedges and fields about month a once on the A75 are usually Irish registered trucks. Probably the lack of brain cells and lack of driving talent because their tip money works out at less than the minimum wage hence the excess speeds.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools

Many recognise that the 40mph limit is simply part of the ongoing ■■■■■■■ contest between Holyrood and Westminster and absolutely nothing to do with road safety in the modern truck era.

It would appear to most neutral observers that the Super Hampton shod V8’s on trip money belong to the first group and you to the latter I’m afraid.

Let her rip drive and live a little…occasionally… and tell D&G’s finest to worry more about murdered people rather than the odd murdered hedge for a change.

Bummer…left the cover off my “Parade Gloss”" again :blush: anyone got some spare■■?

Adonis.:

robroy:
Like I said before, all this ‘‘Paddy Chique’’ stuff :smiley: , is like a throwback to the early 80s, when lads used to walk around with checked shirt, body warmer, 501 Levis, Clint Eastwood cowboy boots, baseball cap and shades, looking like Chris Kristofferson on his day off. :laughing:
Jeez…After reading that back, I’ve just realised I’ve never grown out of some of that after all :open_mouth: :blush:
:laughing: ,

I’d much rather be in designer jeans and check shirt than dirty trousers, stained threadbare jumper and a hi vis that’s been lived in for the past 6 years without a wash. Same as it’s occupant. Better not forget the cheap and nasty ■■■■ spec boots that have never seen a tin of Kiwi in their existence

A.

Adonis my friend, please remember the highlighted dress code above is legal but 41mph on the 75 is not.

The Righteous have spoken at length now and are so squeaky clean they have no need to wash themselves…ever.

Rob. Tang uniform = Paddy Chique…brilliant :smiley:

Mazzer2:
Odd now that some facts and figures have appeared the Oracle has gone quiet.

My apologies. I went to work where I earn more than you do.

Adonis.:
I don’t count hours, I’m not hourly paid so why would I.

You don’t count the hours because you know that if you did you’d have to face the reality of how much of a mug you were being taken for.

Bluey Circles:
If everyone played by the book and stuck to the 40, the TMs would need to reduce the amount of work given to any driver, they would then need to employ more people and with fewer drivers around they would probably have to offer a little better money. Sticking to 40 could result in more money for less work.
So the question should be; are the flat-to-the-mat boys depressing the pay and conditions of those not too fussed about being the bosses favourite?

Careful mate, you’re talking too much common sense there.
The turkey/Christmas thing has always been a problem with drivers and always will be.
What you have just said to many of us is a case of ‘‘Stating the bleeding obvious’’ unfortunately it aint too obvious for some.
More time allocated to do the job by a scrupulous guvnor = more money/less stress/safer roads.

It makes me ■■■■ laugh on here that if you don’t go with the flow, you are labelled as self righteous/goody two shoes/boring and all the rest of it,…it’s like being back at school ffs. :unamused:

Nobody with a quarter brain can dispute the fact that a 44 tonner, or worse a pack off 44 tonners going flat ■■■■ out on an A road is a recipe for disaster, especially at the hands of a ■■■■ cretin who thinks he’s above the law…(yeh…yawn yawn ■■■■ boring) but this has been pointed out,…and proven :bulb:
in examples of epic ‘■■■■ up scenarios’ where things have not been too pretty in the end result.

It beats me to ■■■■ as to why it’s just taken for granted that these d/heads just flount the law (back in boring mode again eh boys) in a country where in other cases you are getting nicked for sipping on your Costa cappucino special while driving. :open_mouth:
As for the locals getting stick for being ■■■■■■ with it, I live in a 30mph zone village, and I’d go ape ■■■■ if a group of trucks were constantly teararsing through with no regard…end off.

I’m all for putting the limit up to 50, as I said I admit I run somewhere near there myself on the 75, 40 is too bloody slow now, but you would still get these bells running at 60 and beyond safe in the knowledge that they are ‘‘Above the law’’ .

Bring on the abuse all the ‘‘Cool guys’’ :unamused: , I could seriously not give a twopenny ■■■■ I’m fine with it, and totally ■■■■ oblivious to it, I’m a big lad . :sunglasses:

robroy:

Bluey Circles:

Careful mate, you’re talking too much common sense there.
The turkey/Christmas thing has always been a problem with drivers and always will be.
What you have just said to many of us is a case of ‘‘Stating the bleeding obvious’’ unfortunately it aint too obvious for some.
More time allocated to do the job by a scrupulous guvnor = more money/less stress/safer roads.

It makes me [zb] laugh on here that if you don’t go with the flow, you are labelled as self righteous/goody two shoes/boring and all the rest of it,…it’s like being back at school ffs. :unamused:

Nobody with a quarter brain can dispute the fact that a 44 tonner, or worse a pack off 44 tonners going flat [zb] out on an A road is a recipe for disaster, especially at the hands of a [zb] cretin who thinks he’s above the law…(yeh…yawn yawn [zb] boring) but this has been pointed out,…and proven :bulb:
in examples of epic ‘■■■■ up scenarios’ where things have not been too pretty in the end result.

It beats me to [zb] as to why it’s just taken for granted that these d/heads just flount the law (back in boring mode again eh boys) in a country where in other cases you are getting nicked for sipping on your Costa cappucino special while driving. :open_mouth:
As for the locals getting stick for being ■■■■■■ with it, I live in a 30mph zone village, and I’d go ape [zb] if a group of trucks were constantly teararsing through with no regard…end off.

I’m all for putting the limit up to 50, as I said I admit I run somewhere near there myself on the 75, 40 is too bloody slow now, but you would still get these bells running at 60 and beyond safe in the knowledge that they are ‘‘Above the law’’ .

Bring on the abuse all the ‘‘Cool guys’’ :unamused: , I could seriously not give a twopenny [zb] I’m fine with it, and totally [zb] oblivious to it, I’m a big lad . :sunglasses:

Hi Rob,
Is this the image you were hoping to attract?

Adam Ant Goody Two Shoes.jpg

Conor:

Adonis.:
I don’t count hours, I’m not hourly paid so why would I.

You don’t count the hours because you know that if you did you’d have to face the reality of how much of a mug you were being taken for.

Just to humour you, I’ll add up this week’s hours. It comes to a grand total of 43 and a half hours since Monday morning. Call it 44 for the half hour of buying wine.

You utter lizard.

:laughing:

A.