a50 uttoxeter....

stokesentinel.co.uk/Motorist … story.html

looks like ‘held’ on with ratchets…would that have been enough??

I’d of thought you use chains with a load like that.

I live down the road just said on local radio they are shutting the A50 once the heavy lifting gear arrives,estimated 7:15pm…gonna cause a few tailbacks!

Those rotator crane trucks seem very handy.
See them around all too often now, usually always on a ‘debris/truck’ job :imp:

Certainly should have been restrained with Chains & Ratchets.

Is it just me or does that look like a 4 legger unit? Wouldn’t a load like that be overweight on a 4x2?

Waiting for the first post to say "Hi-Vis - Agency driver :unamused: "

trubster:
Certainly should have been restrained with Chains & Ratchets.

Is it just me or does that look like a 4 legger unit? Wouldn’t a load like that be overweight on a 4x2?

Waiting for the first post to say "Hi-Vis - Agency driver :unamused: "

Look again at the pics you have put up. It’s a 6x2 unit but got the smaller wheel set up on the mid lift.

Used to load tractors onto euroliners for export.
Load security? 3 handbrakes and a strap across the wheels of the rearmost tractor! :smiley: :smiley:

Wonder if he was moving then Inbetween sites (JCB) so thought I’m only going up the road I’ll just them row a bit of string over then to hold them on :smiley:

Forkrent, etc, chain telehandlers down, but if you look at most hauliers who transport tractors, which weigh just as much as telehandlers, they’ll chuck a couple of straps over, front and back and toddle on!

My old firm ain’t what it used to be.
As JCB are one of Brit’s big customers I don’t think they’ll be too happy about it.

I’m quite impressed, how do you get them to fall off on different sides? :astonished:

TimberToad:
I’m quite impressed, how do you get them to fall off on different sides? :astonished:

Exactly what I was thinking

Socketset:

TimberToad:

Exactly what I was thinking

Me too?

Was tail backs at 6am this morning too, carriageway repair perhaps? Any one able to update about 2pm to say whether it’s all clear?

I’ve done a bit of plant of late and as I’ve no chains I just strap it and take my time, stop and check etc , and it’s all been still there on arrival at drop(thank god)

TimberToad:

Coming off the roundabout it could have been like two swings of the pendulum, obviously speed and an insecure load were contributing factors.

spooky70:
Used to load tractors onto euroliners for export.
Load security? 3 handbrakes and a strap across the wheels of the rearmost tractor! :smiley: :smiley:

+1
used to load them at ferrymasters almost the same handbrake and straps on all 4 wheels, never moved.

In the report it states that he hit a lamp post first, if you look at the nearside you can see it laying on the ground…it seems to me that it was the overhang that caught the post, and i would assume it then hit the one behind before falling off…and yes i am a fully paid up member of T/Net CSI… :smiley: :smiley:

amateurs.

Using chains today- 300 Mtrs from the debacle

They’re wouldn’t be any overhang from a telehandler.
I’d say driver being a gonk.
Big trough for rain water then a meter of grass b4 lamp post.
And it’s not a tight island.
Gonk.