a50 uttoxeter....

Mate of mine used to work for Brit European doing that job,he said basic pay was poor but bonus’s for no damages made their wages up,guess that drivers in for a few poor months of pay :smiley:

Mattwoodtransport:
Using chains today- 300 Mtrs from the debacle0

Eh, that looks to be around the 25-30 ton mark. A couple of spansets may not be quite enough! :smiley:

Used to move JCBs many years ago on ordinary flat 40’ trailers, usually two at a time to Southampton docks and returning either with 3 Massey Ferguson tractors to Barby or one Laverda combine to Bamfords (the other Bamfords). Held on using only ropes - each wheel double roped and double dollies. Triple roped on the big wheels of the combines. Never had one move, much less actually fall off!

Steve

Short of welding the chuffing things to the trailer bed, if you drive like a gentleman’s appendage, plant will fall off no matter how much you chain or strap!

spooky70:

Mattwoodtransport:
Using chains today- 300 Mtrs from the debacle

Eh, that looks to be around the 25-30 ton mark. A couple of spansets may not be quite enough! :smiley:

Oh I don’t know mate, they seemed to cope with this one that I made earlier! :blush:

They are not allowed to chain wheeled machines as the chains chip the paint they are all strapped round the wheels using enough (or not enough in this case) straps to do the job. I’ve always thought that just because it has worked so far doesn’t mean it always will.

I used to do quite a few deliveries for the local JCB dealer, I’d chain and secure things my way as it was my load. I’d put a piece of rubber hose around the chain to minimise paint chipping but I wasn’t too worried as it’s construction plant and not going to stay pristine for long.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-st … e-34606577