A5 crash this morning, 1 dead

Anyone know what happened on a5 between weedon and kilsby, 2 lorry crash according to news 1 dead road closed, apparently large fire caused by accident .

Noworries:
Anyone know what happened on a5 between weedon and kilsby, 2 lorry crash according to news 1 dead road closed, apparently large fire caused by accident .

Don’t know how it happend but the two guys in one of the lorrys have been arested,…may the poor man rest in peace and god help his loved ones

ive said it before and i shall say it again , there for the grace of god go any of us, live everyday as if its your last coz one day you will be right
RIP
keep on trucking through them pearly gates

All to common story at the moment thoughts are with the families involved

Driver killed as lorries collide on A5 in Northamptonshire A 47-year-old lorry driver from Luton has died in a collision with another heavy goods vehicle on the A5 in Northamptonshire.

Two lorries travelling in opposite directions crashed at the junction near Kilsby just after 01:00 BST.

The driver and passenger in the second lorry have been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.

Officers expect the road between the A428 and the A45 at Weedon Bec to stay shut until the late afternoon.

An investigation has begun into the cause of the crash.

The male driver and passenger of the second lorry remain in police custody for questioning
RIP Driver.

Sad news rip driver

Very sad news. Rip

Was the passenger who has been arrested male or female?

Dave the Renegade:
The driver and passenger in the second lorry have been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.

How does that work then; was one doing the steering and one doing the pedals?

Rip. We’re losing one a week at the mo. Terrible :frowning:

miketdt:

why would that matter

rip friend condolances to the family

freakin eck, I was warned when leaving Magna this morning not to use the A5 because of a two lorry fire, I assumed the worst, sad to read it is true :frowning:

RIP :frowning:

Very sad news again R I P to the driver and thoughts with the family.

Another driver leaves home and his family to just go and earn a wage to support them and does not return.
This is becoming far to familar of recent. We complain about having to do the DCPC and a medical every 5 years after 45, is it about time we should as professional drivers, have to re take our LGV test every 5 years too ?

R.I.P Drive and deapest condolences to his family

RIP

How can a passenger be arrested for dangerous driving :confused:

Paul:
is it about time we should as professional drivers, have to re take our LGV test every 5 years too ?

Trouble is, re-taking a test dosen’t change mindset or attitude to others. It’s a pretty ■■■■ society we live in these days.
My deepest sympathies go to the drivers family.

I also feel for whoever has been arrested. I’m sure they didn’t set out to take a life today…

R.I.P Drive

4whatitsworth:
RIP

Double manned , hours offences possibly ?

And for the record I am not starting a blame game, only answering the question as to why a passenger could possibly be arrested.

Well, i’m not one to judge or take anything from the poor chap who died, but how insane are we? Again this morning i had two TNT wagons and some ratty old tipper come flying past me down the A5 past the truckstop. When only a few miles away, a driver died.
There have been many threads about the sc limit, personally, i sit on or around it, especially if i’m loaded. we run at almost 44t most of the time.
Did the 2 minutes those blokes saved warrant the risk they took, not only to themselves, but anyone unlucky enough to be in their way. :cry: :cry: :cry:

RIP driver.

hanson:

miketdt:

why would that matter

rip friend condolances to the family

Just a thought that maybe he saw something that could help the investigation or maybe he knows double manners that sometimes use that route. :bulb:

Noworries:

4whatitsworth:
RIP

Double manned , hours offences possibly ?

And for the record I am not starting a blame game, only answering the question as to why a passenger could possibly be arrested.

i was thinking along the same lines i know where your coming from