A5 crash this morning, 1 dead

R I P driver, our thoughts & prayers to his family and friends.

RIP driver far far too many heading this way at present! :cry:

RIP driver.

How long is it going to be before maybe one of the TV channels does a ‘proper’ documantary on the HGV industry, and in some way pointing out that our jobs are getting more difficult, possibly showing the roads through our eyes?

One driver a week ATM is just too much now. :frowning:

Goldfinger:
RIP driver.

How long is it going to be before maybe one of the TV channels does a ‘proper’ documantary on the HGV industry, and in some way pointing out that our jobs are getting more difficult, possibly showing the roads through our eyes?

One driver a week ATM is just too much now. :frowning:

How about showing mark Dixon starting at 6am and parking up at 2100 do you think that would make the screens :bulb:

Sad loss!
I am based at Magna Park and Live in Nuneaton. I find TNT drivers to be the worst I have ever come across. I hear the record from Atherstone to Crick for them is 30 mins! You would have to be booting it in a car to do that! I do love it when they come behind me its 40mph or 50mph all the way!

lilysgranpa:
Well, i’m not one to judge or take anything from the poor chap who died, but how insane are we? Again this morning i had two TNT wagons and some ratty old tipper come flying past me down the A5 past the truckstop. When only a few miles away, a driver died.
There have been many threads about the sc limit, personally, i sit on or around it, especially if i’m loaded. we run at almost 44t most of the time.
Did the 2 minutes those blokes saved warrant the risk they took, not only to themselves, but anyone unlucky enough to be in their way. :cry: :cry: :cry:

RIP driver.

Firstly my condolences to the family of the poor driver who lost his life, what a waste of a life.
I wonder how many of you knew that he was working for a TNT subcontractor at the time of the crash? I work for TNT and yes i’ll admit some of my colleagues do push it to the limit and aren’t always considerate but can anyone on here say that everyone of their colleagues is perfect 100% of the time? We all bend and break the rules at some point in our driving career so lets stop the mud slinging please ladies and gents.
I’m not sure if its jealousy at the fact that TNT vehicles aren’t governed down as much as your own and you get hacked off seeing us pass you on various roads and motorways but if it is, take it up with your own company don’t slaughter us on here.

Chezza1:
Firstly my condolences to the family of the poor driver who lost his life, what a waste of a life.
I wonder how many of you knew that he was working for a TNT subcontractor at the time of the crash? I work for TNT and yes i’ll admit some of my colleagues do push it to the limit and aren’t always considerate but can anyone on here say that everyone of their colleagues is perfect 100% of the time? We all bend and break the rules at some point in our driving career so lets stop the mud slinging please ladies and gents.
I’m not sure if its jealousy at the fact that TNT vehicles aren’t governed down as much as your own and you get hacked off seeing us pass you on various roads and motorways but if it is, take it up with your own company don’t slaughter us on here.

same as chezza said plus i heard the 2 that had been arested were romanians and that they were on the wrong side of the road nr kilsby and hit him sdo how does anyother TNTdrivers speed down the A5 make a difference to what happend to this driver …UPS drivers are just as bad along the A5 …its only all the shopping trollys that ps about at 25 in a 30 34 in a 40 that ps people off and cause others to make stupid overtakes in frustration …RIP driver

The world would be a lot safer at 3am if less drivers were tearing down the wrong side of the road on “job & knock” imo.

RIP to the driver. :frowning:

CRAIG-D:

Chezza1:

same as chezza said plus i heard the 2 that had been arested were romanians and that they were on the wrong side of the road nr kilsby and hit him sdo how does anyother TNTdrivers speed down the A5 make a difference to what happend to this driver …UPS drivers are just as bad along the A5 …its only all the shopping trollys that ps about at 25 in a 30 34 in a 40 that ps people off and cause others to make stupid overtakes in frustration …RIP driver

The UPS lads are nuts! How they havent overturned at Dodwells roundabout i’ll never know!

Chezza1:

TnT, Ups, doesnt matter who it is. being passed on a motorway or DC is fine. its when the ■■■■■■ heroes seem to think its ok to drive on the limiter along sc, overtaking other wagons like they are in a BMW.
Theres a time and a place for driving in that manner, clearly, the A5 in places isnt one of them.
Too much job and knock imo. about time it went the same way as pay per run for tippers.

Lilysgranpa I couldn’t agree more, there are far too many idiots on our roads who give us all a bad name. For the record TNT employed drivers are not on job and knock. We have to work our full shift and for most of us that means overtime. As I said in my original post, none of us are whiter than White so let’s be realistic on things.
Unfortunately in today’s Market we are all under pressure to meet targets and time windows, end result we have to push the boundaries and the speed limits at times. I’m a 3rd generation driver and both my grandfather and dad have said they wouldn’t want to drive now.

This happened about 200 yards from the yard I park my truck in. I drive past the place where the accident happened almost every day.

It happened just at the start/end of a very deep dip and slight bend in the road, just north of the caravan dealership. The vegetation on both sides of the road are badly burnt.

What must have happened is that the foreigner had either been overtaking something or driven on the wrong side of the road without thinking, and the English truck must have plowed straight into the trailer of the oncoming truck as it returned to the ‘right’ side. Hence the Englishman dying and the foreigners being arrested without even being taken to hospital. It must have been a relatively low speed crash (not 56mph flat out) because the fire damage on either side of the road are pretty close to each other and there are no obvious signs of either trucks leaving the road. I have photos on my phone but I can’t move them onto my laptop.

first of all rip driver.
secondly regarding tnt and ups on the a5. you’ve seen nothing till you have experienced end of sort at kingsbury link (tnt) it’s like bloody wacky race’s . you have about 200 warehouse staff crossing the yard at the same time as 30/40 lorrie’s racing to exit 2 gate’s and on top of that you then have the warehouse staff jumping into their car’s using the same road,how nobody has been killed yet is a miracle.

m.a.n rules:
first of all rip driver.
secondly regarding tnt and ups on the a5. you’ve seen nothing till you have experienced end of sort at kingsbury link (tnt) it’s like bloody wacky race’s . you have about 200 warehouse staff crossing the yard at the same time as 30/40 lorrie’s racing to exit 2 gate’s and on top of that you then have the warehouse staff jumping into their car’s using the same road,how nobody has been killed yet is a miracle.

RIP and condolences to the drivers family! Yep! It’s flaming mental at around 330am there.