A14 west 2 incidents

1st near Cambridge services, 3 possibly 4 hgvs have rear ended each other, 2nd one approaching the A45 junction another 3 to 4 hgvs rear ended each other.
1st not so bad little damage to trucks and pride, but 2nd one may involve 1 or 2 fatalities.
Upto 8 trucks involved in 2 incidents ain’t good.

Drove past the one at the Northampton split! Looked really bad the Dutch fridge looked a right mess. Lets hope & pray the driver is ok!

A lorry driver was taken to hospital after suffering injuries in a crash on the A14 between Junction 13 and 14 of the Westbound carriageway near Thrapston . Emergency services were called to the scene of the accident that involved four lorries this morning, Friday 7th June 2013.

Northants Police were called to the accident at 0801 and the section of road remained closed for significant time while the emergency teams worked. The Environment Agency was also called to the scene, and a spokesman for Northants Police confirmed that milk was leaking onto the road from one of the lorry’s loads.

If you see in the picture there are chevrons, that is where about 800 yards before the junction there is a small entrance to a factory or something simillar. It appeared to me that a artic had pulled into the entrance of the factory but his trailer was still blocking the inside lane & the others simply piled into the back of him. Don’t obviously know what exactly happened of course so not gonna judge who was to blame.
again let’s just hope everyone is ok!
The tanker had hit a 16 tonner up behind & the 16 tonner had hit the truck that was in the entrance.

No idea what happened with these but I will say if I’d had a fiver for every truck/bus/car/van/motorcycle that I’ve seen tailgating in the last 12 months I’d be retiring very, very soon…!

When will drivers (of all vehicles) learn that following too close is a very silly idea? :question:

You can clearly see in the picture how far that tank has been pushed by the skidmarks on the tarmac so the dutch truck was certainly travelling when it hit, how close he was we don’t know

Truckulent:
No idea what happened with these but I will say if I’d had a fiver for every truck/bus/car/van/motorcycle that I’ve seen tailgating in the last 12 months I’d be retiring very, very soon…!

When will drivers (of all vehicles) learn that following too close is a very silly idea? :question:

Looks horrible, this really is every lorry drivers’ worst nightmare!

I totally agree with truckulent, sometime people travel so close it makes me shiver! I know we all get frustrated but a few mph extra will not get you to your destination that much quicker and certainly not enough to risk your own and other peoples lifes!

jacko22:
If you see in the picture there are chevrons, that is where about 800 yards before the junction there is a small entrance to a factory or something simillar. It appeared to me that a artic had pulled into the entrance of the factory but his trailer was still blocking the inside lane & the others simply piled into the back of him. Don’t obviously know what exactly happened of course so not gonna judge who was to blame.
again let’s just hope everyone is ok!
The tanker had hit a 16 tonner up behind & the 16 tonner had hit the truck that was in the entrance.

Doesn’t look like the tanker was turning in any were as the unit was fully in lane 1.
Just like to add, this is a still off a video, in no way was I taking photographs!

Another pic of the Dutch unit.

Cosmic:

Since TNUK CSI already started, More likely the tanker was at the end of a slow moving Q to come off at the A45, and the Dutch guy didn’t see him, if that milk tanker was full, he was hit at some speed, and he was a bit slow taking evasive actions by heading into the farm entrance.

Cosmic:

It’s a good job that’s a left ■■■■■■ because the driver would’nt stand a chance if it was a right ■■■■■■

If every accident where someones life hangs in the balance is treated like a crime scene, then why has someone placed a bottle and two buckets in the middle of the carnage■■? No way is that part of the debris landing the right way up!!!

Saaamon:

Truckulent:

Looks horrible, this really is every lorry drivers’ worst nightmare!

I totally agree with truckulent, sometime people travel so close it makes me shiver! I know we all get frustrated but a few mph extra will not get you to your destination that much quicker and certainly not enough to risk your own and other peoples lifes!

Blooming 'eck, you don’t see that very often!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Accidents such as this are getting all too common. It won’t be long before technology is forced upon us to stop it …and yet a few extra plods on the main routes could stop all manner of issues, not just tailgating.

But no, we have the money to clear accidents like this up/pay medical costs on a daily basis but not enough to pay a few traffic police units to help prevent such occurrences. :unamused:

What a ■■■■■■■ country!

FarnboroughBoy11:
If every accident where someones life hangs in the balance is treated like a crime scene, then why has someone placed a bottle and two buckets in the middle of the carnage■■? No way is that part of the debris landing the right way up!!!

Buckets could be for the tanker if it was leaking a bit but seems a bit small for the job. Bottle could be to do with first aid

That auto braking malark from Volvo would be on my spec sheet if I was treating myself or more so buying units for others to drive!

Blame Transport Managers for tailgating.

They demand fuel economy so Drivers are slip streaming, as seen on TV, in
Formula One.

Let battle commence . . .

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Cosmic:

It’s a good job that’s a left ■■■■■■ because the driver would’nt stand a chance if it was a right ■■■■■■

Just what i was thinking Steve.

Dieseldoforme:
Blame Transport Managers for tailgating.

They demand fuel economy so Drivers are slip streaming, as seen on TV, in
Formula One.

Let battle commence . . .

We could always try and blame the road layout/designers as well :slight_smile: .

Boring straight roads no wonder people want to watch dvds, chat on the phone etc etc etc

Doesn’t look like the tanker was turning in any were as the unit was fully in lane 1.

The tanker wasn’t turning in! The tanker hit a 16 tonner up the backside , the 16 tonner had hit the box trailer that had turned into the entrance!
The dutch artic was the 4th truck to hit.

If you look at the Streetview of the location, anyone turning at the point of the accident has to drop their speed right down to make a sharp turn, there is no slip road. Someones possibly not noticed a truck turning or some numpty has stopped to allow someone out of the turning.