A14 west 2 incidents

nickyboy:
If you look at the Streetview of the location, anyone turning at the point of the accident has to drop their speed right down to make a sharp turn, there is no slip road. Someones possibly not noticed a truck turning or some numpty has stopped to allow someone out of the turning.

Our yard is of the A3 and is exactly the same, no slip road just a 90 degree turn off the carriageway, my signal goes down about quarter of a mile before and I make sure I flash my brake lights a few times just in case anyone behind me is in a trance.
Possibly someone has just slammed the anchors on and chucked their signal down right at the last second here.

jacko22:
Doesn’t look like the tanker was turning in any were as the unit was fully in lane 1.

The tanker wasn’t turning in! The tanker hit a 16 tonner up the backside , the 16 tonner had hit the box trailer that had turned into the entrance!
The dutch artic was the 4th truck to hit.

And a rigid not looking were he was going ploughed into the rear of the Dutch truck.

Anyone who has driven in Holland will know that what we call tailgating is the standard gap over there leave anything over a cars length and a car will be in it

jacko22:
Doesn’t look like the tanker was turning in any were as the unit was fully in lane 1.

The tanker wasn’t turning in! The tanker hit a 16 tonner up the backside , the 16 tonner had hit the box trailer that had turned into the entrance!

Maybe just me, but it looks like the Dutch wagon is the 3rd vehicle, looks like a rigid in the back of the Dutch lorry.

Truckulent:
No idea what happened with these but I will say if I’d had a fiver for every truck/bus/car/van/motorcycle that I’ve seen tailgating in the last 12 months I’d be retiring very, very soon…!

When will drivers (of all vehicles) learn that following too close is a very silly idea? :question:

Agree with that 1000%.

I use the A13 everyday going to and from work and the tailgating by hgv’s is horendous!!!

jacko22:

This ^ I came past shortly after it happened and the first vehicle was unit almost all the way into the turning which is a 45 degree turn off the A14. The rigid had ploughed into the back and the rest had followed . The last rigid in the pic had managed to stop which must of meant he left a safe gap??. Hearing later that there were no deaths surprised me but cheered me up no end cos it looked a proper mess when I passed and I got that usual chill that I get a times like this… By the grace of god etc…

The Dutch unit has a Spanish fridge on the back of it.

toby1234abc:
The Dutch unit has a Spanish fridge on the back of it.

Its a Dutch trailer Toby, it has the name of the company on it, and also the name of a Spanish company they go to (may have shares in), but the trailer will be on NL plates.