A14 accident involving stationary hgv

ipswichstar.co.uk/news/one_p … _1_4072912

I’m stuck on the a14 now, hope everyone’s ok ! Bet that woke the driver up

Wasn’t it the ipswich area that the police went round issuing fines for parking with no lights on in laybys?
I can see that happening again if it was.

I pass this evry night and only the odd one has lights on ( usually lights on inside cab so prob on a break) apart from that drivers on a overnight don’t have them on. One or two have bike lights on but that’s about it

This is getting a regular occurrence around here something needs to be done, we need more parking for trucks away from a14 hope all involved are ok

Totally agree, some nights they are doubled up on the dock spur road a14 lay-by towards the dock, but there’s nowhere to take a break! Evry layby is full and all the authorities will do is close them. Not solve the problem. I still haven’t moved and I think the roads closed behind me also

there are places to park if you know the area. There is always the old a45 where they put trucks for operation stack, but if you don’t know area then there is no where, people don’t want trucks about, and they need to park somewhere,
I blame the council’s,

Hope you can get moving soon, but they never in a bloody rush to open roads,
Good luck

Car drivers, again, FFS:evil::evil:

Go turned around went through the old a45 / trimley them hooked back up with the a14, police man I spoke to said it’s going to be shut all night and there’s no non weight limited way into Felixstowe apart from the a14 !

If it was me get permission from copper and go through Trimble st Martin to docks if cannot get back to a14, might be a limit but no choice,
Or park up get head down for few hours

Hope the car driver is alright, if the worst happens and it is found the parked vehicle had no lights on, I would hate to be that driver, especially with all the publicity around Felixstowe/Ipswich “Reminding” drivers they need lights on

Why is it that I don’t have trouble seeing parked trucks in the dark… could it be that I use my headlights and look where I’m bloody going ? All sympathy to the injured, but fer christ’s sake.

ipswichstar.co.uk/mobile/new … _1_4072913

Rip.

peterm:
Why is it that I don’t have trouble seeing parked trucks in the dark… could it be that I use my headlights and look where I’m bloody going ?.

Too simple

It makes no difference,

The rules say its gotta be lit then light it.

It really is that simple.

Should look where they are going.

Mind you, that is one reason why I refuse to park in laybys like that. And if I want to be rocked about whilst trying to sleep I’ll go to the boat…

RIP to the car driver.

Next headline. “Lorry Driver Arrested” (if it transpires he was unlit)

Similar scenario near here.
The lay byes on the A500 s/b near J15 of the M6 were permanently closed a couple of years ago after several car drivers had been killed by running into the back of trucks at night.

I’m not sure how this one was parked so can it comment, but it’s not unusual to see trailers sticking out / half on lay by half on grass verge. I’m sure now plod will be ticketing for not bring lit again.

bestbooties:
Similar scenario near here.
The lay byes on the A500 s/b near J15 of the M6 were permanently closed a couple of years ago after several car drivers had been killed by running into the back of trucks at night.

Think it was a particularly bad one in which some idiot killed himself and his girlfriend while trying to impress her by driving his high-powered motor down there at about 90mph. That was also the trigger for the 50mph limit to be extended all the way down to the motorway junction.

The dodgiest one is northbound on the A500 approaching J16, where the curve of the road means anything pulling out cannot see what happens to be barrelling down the hill. I have seen numerous near-misses.

zorg2006:
If it was me get permission from copper and go through Trimble st Martin to docks if cannot get back to a14, might be a limit but no choice,
Or park up get head down for few hours

Never been hassled for using that route when the 14 is shut, even in the daytime. The coppers know the score :wink:

RIP to the driver.