A1 (southbound) north of Berwick speed camera?

Reckon I’ve got a speeding ticket to look forward to. I’ve just run in from Edinburgh and just before the England border went through a speed camera doing 45 on a single carriageway section and got a double flash. There was a white line in the road I’m thinking this may have been an axle weight register. Can anyone confirm this is an HGV camera?

One would guess that it may not have been altered to adhere to the 50mph limit you can now do on a s/c unless the limit is lower on that particular section for some reason.

Ken.

Quinny:
One would guess that it may not have been altered to adhere to the 50mph limit you can now do on a s/c unless the limit is lower on that particular section for some reason.

Ken.

It’s 40 limit up there. :unamused: And no speed awareness option either. Oh well.

i read it as Tris was in Scotland doing 45 on a single carriageway with the current limit of 40

Priest:
i read it as Tris was in Scotland doing 45 on a single carriageway with the current limit of 40

Yep you do :smiley: 3 points to Tris :frowning:

as far as I know scottish police have a 10% + 2mph leeway. so if you were only doing 45 then I think you will be fine. if it was 47 though …

40mph on a trunk or primary road is utterly ridiculous.

good luck

also,
I have just taken a look on streetview and both cameras just north of the border (eyemouth turn and the cliff top) both face North . was it a head on flash and do they count ?
(of course they may have repositioned the cameras since the google car drove by)

As far as I’m aware the last speed camera before the border is the one just after the short DC section, about 5 miles short of the border. If it’s that one it’s a fine, if it’s not I’ve never seen it before & I came down there Tuesday.

Bluey Circles:
as far as I know scottish police have a 10% + 2mph leeway. so if you were only doing 45 then I think you will be fine. if it was 47 though …

good luck

I was doing 45 as stupidly I set the cruise control to that and that’s what was showing on my sat nav. It did double flash though which is worrying. Time will tell. God I hate Scotland.

BillyHunt:
As far as I’m aware the last speed camera before the border is the one just after the short DC section, about 5 miles short of the border. If it’s that one it’s a fine, if it’s not I’ve never seen it before & I came down there Tuesday.

It was a grey one I think.

I think I know which one you mean, I was in a world of my own and to be honest thought I was already in England and would have gone through it at 40-50 and didnt get a ticket.

BillyHunt:

It was a grey one I think. It was forward facing me on the right hand side of the road as I came South.

It’ll be this ■■■■■■ at Penmanshiel - goo.gl/maps/VFRXp3SpGbw

It’s caught loads of truckers, myself included albeit about 10 years ago now.

Tris:

Bluey Circles:

good luck

I was doing 45 as stupidly I set the cruise control to that and that’s what was showing on my sat nav. It did double flash though which is worrying. Time will tell. God I hate Scotland.

oh well then … hope you get a ticket now…

only joking.

Tris:
It was a grey one I think. It was forward facing me on the right hand side of the road as I came South.

Reason why it was grey and on the opposite side of the road was because it was yellow on the other side. ie, it was the poor bugger coming the other way that got zapped not you !! lol

ajt:

Tris:

Reason why it was grey and on the opposite side of the road was because it was yellow on the other side. ie, it was the poor bugger coming the other way that got zapped not you !! lol

Is this 100% right? There was no one on the other side at the time, I’m confused, but hopeful now.

Quinny:

Ken.

Nice to see you’re up to date with speed limits in the UK Ken. Its still 40MPH on SCs and 50MPH on DCs in Scotland.

was it this one on the cliff top and did it look like that?
google.co.uk/maps/@55.82557 … 312!8i6656
if so then that looks highly likely its a Gatso, and, according to the following website it does not do forward facing.
speedcamerasuk.com/gatso.htm

Considering the above + the fact you were only doing 45 which is very marginally below the 10% + 2mph tolerance that seems to be the norm in Scotland - I would think it would be highly unlikely you will be getting a ticket.

Bluey Circles:
was it this one on the cliff top and did it look like that?
google.co.uk/maps/@55.82557 … 312!8i6656
if so then that looks highly likely its a Gatso, and, according to the following website it does not do forward facing.
speedcamerasuk.com/gatso.htm

Considering the above + the fact you were only doing 45 which is very marginally below the 10% + 2mph tolerance that seems to be the norm in Scotland - I would think it would be highly unlikely you will be getting a ticket.

It wasn’t that location. I can’t be sure what type it was as I wasn’t pay a huge amount of attention at the time hence getting flashed. Time will tell on the latter. Needless to say if I use that route again, and it was a nice drive, I’ll be more careful.

ajt:

Tris:

If it was on the other side your safe I would say, I’ve seen them flash before with nobody around. If you can see the flash in front of you it should be on your side, it should be a soft pinkish colour.

Haha are all flashers a soft pinky colour ? (strange circle you mix in :laughing: )