A1 (southbound) north of Berwick speed camera?

Tris:

ajt:

Tris:
It was a grey one I think. It was forward facing me on the right hand side of the road as I came South.

Reason why it was grey and on the opposite side of the road was because it was yellow on the other side. ie, it was the poor bugger coming the other way that got zapped not you !! lol

Is this 100% right? There was no one on the other side at the time, I’m confused, but hopeful now.

Pretty sure there are no forward facing cameras on the A1, just marked up yellow gatso’s which get you from the rear and are at your side of the road. Never seen a plain grey forward facing camera in general come to think of it.

ajt:

Tris:

ajt:

Tris:
It was a grey one I think. It was forward facing me on the right hand side of the road as I came South.

Reason why it was grey and on the opposite side of the road was because it was yellow on the other side. ie, it was the poor bugger coming the other way that got zapped not you !! lol

Is this 100% right? There was no one on the other side at the time, I’m confused, but hopeful now.

Pretty sure there are no forward facing cameras on the A1, just marked up yellow gatso’s which get you from the rear and are at your side of the road. Never seen a plain grey forward facing camera in general come to think of it.

This is neo ■■■■ SNP chip on the shoulder Scotland we’re talking about here. They’ve completely lost the plot.

All cameras from Morpeth upto to Edinburgh are rear facing Gatsos. The last camera southbound before the border is on dual around half a mile from the border, the first camera northbound is S/C around a mile from the border. I know every single camera on that road even in the pitch dark :laughing:

It was the northbound camera thats flashed the op, going by his description. Gatsos only work from the rear. Reason there is lines on both sides Is incase someone is overtaking or trys to use the other lane trying to be clever. The lines are used to verify speeding, two separate pictures taken to measure distance/time covered over the lines.

The first camera north of the border will get you at 50, my pal has been done twice. Under 50 I dunno. I never chance it always go down to 40 same with dual always go down to 50. All this pish about 10% + 2 its too risky to belive in that crap.

Op is safe but should learn a lesson for next time :laughing:

merc0447:
All cameras from Morpeth upto to Edinburgh are rear facing Gatsos. The last camera southbound before the border is on dual around half a mile from the border, the first camera northbound is S/C around a mile from the border. I know every single camera on that road even in the pitch dark :laughing:

It was the northbound camera thats flashed the op, going by his description. Gatsos only work from the rear. Reason there is lines on both sides Is incase someone is overtaking or trys to use the other lane trying to be clever. The lines are used to verify speeding, two separate pictures taken to measure distance/time covered over the lines.

The first camera north of the border will get you at 50, my pal has been done twice. Under 50 I dunno. I never chance it always go down to 40 same with dual always go down to 50. All this pish about 10% + 2 its too risky to belive in that crap.

Yes mate it was a little dual section just before the border, and two cars overtook me, one of which I reckon crossed into the oncoming lane. The thing is they’d both cleared the camera and then I was there and it flashed twice. Maybe it saw the car crossing into the oncoming lane and registered it effectively going backwards at say 70 then a delay occurred whilst it imagined it going the other way before taking its pic.

raymundo:
Haha are all flashers a soft pinky colour ? (strange circle you mix in :laughing: )

I think it was pinkish, might have been purple, I’m not sure as I was doing 56 at the time. Mph that is.

Tris:

merc0447:

Yes mate it was a little dual section just before the border, and two cars overtook me, one of which I reckon crossed into the oncoming lane. The thing is they’d both cleared the camera and then I was there and it flashed twice. Maybe it saw the car crossing into the oncoming lane and registered it effectively going backwards at say 70 then a delay occurred whilst it imagined it going the other way before taking its pic.

are you saying one of the cars went the wrong way down the dual carriageway ?

Bluey Circles:

Tris:

merc0447:

are you saying one of the cars went the wrong way down the dual carriageway ?

No it’s not a dual carriageway, it was just a little dual of a couple of hundred yards southbound with a single carriageway northbound. (I think - it happened quick) The A1 is all like that from Berwick to Edinburgh.

So was it this one
google.co.uk/maps/@55.93141 … 312!8i6656
this is a long way from the border

and this could be a forward facing one, it has a yellow front to warn you, and why else would they put the incremental markings on the south bound, its a double white line, anyone heading north on the southbound is in more trouble than just speeding.

From what I read though, the only camera that takes forward facing is the Truvelo, and apparently truvelos have round lenses - the cam on streetview doesnt have a round lens, but it is an unusual looking camera.

You may have to keep your fingers crossed for the 10% +2 Pish.

utterly ridiculous 40mph on trunk and primary roads.

Some of the cameras can be turned round although obviously only where there is a central reservation. Heading south, the last camera before crossing the border (on the DC) and the first camera after the border (bottom of the hill before crossing the bridge) are both capable of facing either direction.

Is that bastad thing at Purdey Lodge still there on the S/B side?? I bet there were a few suicides in Northumberland County Council/Police when the limit changed. That f.uckin thing caught loads of wagons as it was hidden behind a sign and very immediate…

Bluey Circles:
So was it this one
google.co.uk/maps/@55.93141 … 312!8i6656
this is a long way from the border

and this could be a forward facing one, it has a yellow front to warn you, and why else would they put the incremental markings on the south bound, its a double white line, anyone heading north on the southbound is in more trouble than just speeding.

From what I read though, the only camera that takes forward facing is the Truvelo, and apparently truvelos have round lenses - the cam on streetview doesnt have a round lens, but it is an unusual looking camera.

You may have to keep your fingers crossed for the 10% +2 Pish.

utterly ridiculous 40mph on trunk and primary roads.

That’s a rear trigger one and the lines on the road are to stop anybody thinking of swerving to the opposite side of the road to avoid detection.

Plus he said it was grey :wink:

ajt:
That’s a rear trigger one and the lines on the road are to stop anybody thinking of swerving to the opposite side of the road to avoid detection.

My understanding was that if there is a double white, there is no need to prove the speed as a much more serious offence is being committed. And that rational would explain the following at Soutra.
google.co.uk/maps/@55.78469 … 312!8i6656

Tris, if it flashed in front of you theres nothing to worry about, thats all you need to know :wink:

chaversdad:
Tris, if it flashed in front of you theres nothing to worry about, thats all you need to know :wink:

Hope so, don’t want to tempt fate or anything though. I could live with the fine, but it’s the points on my licence that terrifies me. I was up to 9 points in my younger days and never want to go through that again.

I can guarantee you there are no forward facing cameras along there, Its the one going up the hill at Cockburnspath your talking about, 2 lanes going south up the hill 1 going north ? calm down forget about it and move on, I’m up and down there all week and I,ve seen it going off when no ones even near it

chaversdad:
I can guarantee you there are no forward facing cameras along there, Its the one going up the hill at Cockburnspath your talking about, 2 lanes going south up the hill 1 going north ? calm down forget about it and move on, I’m up and down there all week and I,ve seen it going off when no ones even near it

Cheers, much appreciated.

Is the Cedar Cafe any good? I parked up further up for the night but might try parking up there next time.

its not bad tbh , I usally park on the ind est at the end of the dual carriageway and go in the café at morrisons

Did you get a ticket off this as it got me today doing about 42 to 43 my eyes are still saw off the flash

taz1972:
Did you get a ticket off this as it got me today doing about 42 to 43 my eyes are still saw off the flash

No I didn’t get a ticket.

Tris:

chaversdad:

Cheers, much appreciated.

Is the Cedar Cafe any good? I parked up further up for the night but might try parking up there next time.

yeah the cedar is good but it is expensive