A1 South, Newark

Big smash on the A1 at Newark this morning.

http://newarkadvertiser.co.uk/articles/news/Accident-closes-A1-at-Newark

I’ve been past on the northbound a few times and keep seing the same forlorn faces that have been stuck there since 8am . Any TruckNet members stuck? Do you want me to bring you a Maccy D’s? :laughing:

Look for a black Land Rover Discovery 3 like the one in my avatar. My Dad is driving it and is sat in that lot. Give him a wave, that’ll confuse him haha

That is a horrible junction. The sliproad is too small and traffic backs up from the roundabout because of the crap design of them. Traffic streams in off the A46 making it difficult to get out if you’re coming from the A1.

Radar19:
That is a horrible junction. The sliproad is too small and traffic backs up from the roundabout because of the crap design of them. Traffic streams in off the A46 making it difficult to get out if you’re coming from the A1.

Agree with that, I use that route quite regular and sometimes it’s just impossible to get anywhere. The slip and roundabout need serious change to improve the route and in turn reduce the possibility of major accidents.

Takin the weight limit off the road through Coddington would alleviate the problem straight away.

Diesel-truckin:

Radar19:

Agree with that, I use that route quite regular and sometimes it’s just impossible to get anywhere. The slip and roundabout need serious change to improve the route and in turn reduce the possibility of major accidents.

I agree with you 2, that is always an accident waiting to happen, if only some off those car and light van driver (those going down the a17) realised that you can come off at the next slip road, and cut through Coddington. Before they weight limited it I would always take that route, either way, to avoid all that queuing :unamused:

the maoster:
Takin the weight limit off the road through Coddington would alleviate the problem straight away.

I was just in the process off posting that too :wink:

You got to type quicker Eddie. :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
You got to type quicker Eddie. :smiley: :smiley:

Probably, I get that from the kids on Facetube :unamused:

One dead.

Its that sliproad. Death trap.

the maoster:

This, it’s ridiculous especially if there is an event on at Newark showground

Diesel-truckin:
Look for a black Land Rover Discovery 3 like the one in my avatar. My Dad is driving it and is sat in that lot. Give him a wave, that’ll confuse him haha

If a monkey wearing glasses, driving a truck and smoking a cigarette waved at me I’d be more than confused. :laughing:

eddie snax:

Diesel-truckin:

Radar19:

I agree with you 2, that is always an accident waiting to happen, if only some off those car and light van driver (those going down the a17) realised that you can come off at the next slip road, and cut through Coddington. Before they weight limited it I would always take that route, either way, to avoid all that queuing :unamused:

the maoster:

I’ve taken it with the weight limit! ■■■■ the nimbies!

NewLad:

eddie snax:

Diesel-truckin:

Radar19:

the maoster:

I’ve taken it with the weight limit! [zb] the nimbies!

Rebel spirit :wink:

Been down the A1 at that junction when I was working at Greencore over the summer. The slip roads are too short and tight, and they always result in traffic backing up onto the A1, and that leads to sudden lane changes or brakings, when trucks doing 50 or 56 find their path blocked and someone cruising at 70mph (or more) in the outer lane. Of course because it’s “only” two trunk roads and a primary route, they can get away with building junctions on the cheap.

The police are looking for witnesses for the fatal crash.
http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/blog/2014-11-11/did-you-see-fatal-crash-on-a1

Too me it’s got nothing too do with junctions is too do with drivers not using there loaf,firstly stick your bloody hazards on too warn approaching traffic of danger ahead,I’ve seen cars just sat there with no hazards or nothing( have they a death wish)
Secondly if when you go round the corner if you move across too the right for lincoln,sleaford there’s enough room for the cars/trucks etc too pass you on the left heading into nwk,but what do they do sit right in the middle so stopping traffic passing left or right :unamused: :unamused:

dozy:
Secondly if when you go round the corner if you move across too the right for lincoln,sleaford there’s enough room for the cars/trucks etc too pass you on the left heading into nwk,but what do they do sit right in the middle so stopping traffic passing left or right :unamused: :unamused:

If you’re going to Lincoln (A46), you need to be in the middle. The right hand lane is for Sleaford (A17) only. :unamused: :unamused:

If people heading up the A46 got into the A17 lane to allow important Stobart wagons on important Stobart business through, the queue trailing out onto the A1 would be even longer. Most of the traffic isn’t turning left towards Newark.

Contraflow:

dozy:

If you’re going to Lincoln (A46), you need to be in the middle. The right hand lane is for Sleaford (A17) only.

If people heading up the A46 got into the A17 lane to allow important Stobart wagons on important Stobart business through, the queue trailing out onto the A1 would be even longer. Most of the traffic isn’t turning left towards Newark. :unamused:

If you read what I said properly you’ll see I said WHEN YOU GO rOUNd THE corners,there sno lanes round the corner until you get nearer the r/o,but even so there’s enough room to get over to right if your going lincoln / sleaford so that STOBART trucks can pass you on the left and get back too the yard and go home,not sit behind some idiot who can’t make his mind up what he wants to do,but hitting the horn / jesturesdoes eventually get the message though :exclamation: :exclamation:

dozy:
Too me it’s got nothing too do with junctions is too do with drivers not using there loaf,firstly stick your bloody hazards on too warn approaching traffic of danger ahead,I’ve seen cars just sat there with no hazards or nothing( have they a death wish)

No, the right lane is for the A17 only. The middle one is for Lincoln A46 North and the left lane is for the A46 South. Get a queue of traffic in the Sleaford lane and it will back up so you can’t get to the other lanes which creates more problems as traffic backs up onto the A1… You try doing that junction in rush hour with traffic coming off the Lincoln A46 end…