A1 crash. Who's truck?

Anyone recognize the trucks in this crash on the A1 between Bramham and Boston Spa?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16213053

Looks like Ian Weatherall overturned. Don’t think the Bretts lorry or the otners look involved

Out of my that area that one, Tadcaster Commercials will get that.

Must be a hazardous load though, if the road will be shut until 1600. It happened early on this morning, the recovery will only take a couple hours tops.
So there’s more to it than just the accident, unless they’re re-surfacing the road.

Yeh, theyll be chatting, measuring the road, chatting, nipping back into their 4x4s for a warm-up, chatting, deciding what to do, looking at each other. Yeh it`ll take all day this will.

Who the HATOs?

You won’t get them out of Auto Recoveries caravan at Leeming Bar, think that must be their outbase now, they seem to spend that much time in there :open_mouth:
Well, Sky TV and a kettle in that caravan, whats not to like?

I got stuck in the tailbacks this morning at 6.30am…and i had just started to drop down the hill after the boston spa junction when i came to a halt… :imp: :imp:
I sat there until 9.15 until the highways agency decided to turn us all around,but by then the all the other routes were ram packed with traffic…typical friday :unamused: :unamused:

topboy trucker:
I got stuck in the tailbacks this morning at 6.30am…and i had just started to drop down the hill after the boston spa junction when i came to a halt… :imp: :imp:
I sat there until 9.15 until the highways agency decided to turn us all around,but by then the all the other routes were ram packed with traffic…typical friday :unamused: :unamused:

absolute nightmare got stuck in it at 0700 took me over 1hour 30 min to get back on off the a59 comin back the same i was on seconds as i pulled bk into the yard 10 hourdrive and i brought one drop back

firstly im glad no driver died especially after the last few weeks regarding deaths,secondly love him or hate him but jeremy clarkson got it right when he called them the “motorway wombles” now that is funny… :laughing:

Na does not look hazardous from a close up pic, looks like magazines, maybe it was ■■■■ and they had to check each copy.

Dogmatix:
Na does not look hazardous from a close up pic, looks like magazines, maybe it was ■■■■ and they had to check each copy.

by hand :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cue the handball and big load jokes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Note the broom just above the cab, no wonder it took so long to clear up if thats all they used.

Apparently the road was still closed at 18.30 according to the news because they were still investigating the accident…thats 12hrs after it happened wtf :open_mouth: …he was loaded with paper.

Was it a fatal then?
If so, then they take as long as they need to get the evidence needed for the inquest/prosecution.
If not, then WTF are they ■■■■■■ about at?

a artic went over on the A5 nr shrewsbury so i heard on the radio today, not sure about casualties or anything

Road re opened at about 19.30 yep I was stuck in it for the 2nd time was also stuck on the A19 both ways today

cieranc:
Was it a fatal then?
If so, then they take as long as they need to get the evidence needed for the inquest/prosecution.
If not, then WTF are they ■■■■■■ about at?

Dont think it was a fatal…all i heard on the news earlier was there was 4 people with injuries unless someone died later at hospital…i saw 4 ambulances and five fire engines this morning after it happened.

topboy trucker:

Yep 1 of our drivers was about 10 vehicles back I was lucky as went of the slip road like a lot of others & round it but had to go back down to Sherbet with 5 box’s :unamused: so was caught up again on A19 & the tail end on A1M

OVLOV JAY:
Looks like Ian Weatherall overturned. Don’t think the Bretts lorry or the otners look involved

The other is Tyneside Express Services

one lad was mentioned on sally traffic said he had been stuck there for 7hrs :open_mouth: