A1 Closed Grantham

Latest update taken from Twiter.
Latest update from #A1 closure at Marston nr #Grantham - both south lanes need 100m resurfacing LONG delays.

Just a little clip :unamused:

Shocking :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I blame the agency driver with a limp and a silly Blue tooth super glued to his ear 24/7/365.

whooa …!!! Gobsmacked what a mess not like you cant see highway service vehicles usually lit up like chritmas trees

Closed northbound diversion on a52 which is chaos I just came opposite way to the diverted traffic and it’s almost gridlock from a46 all the way back to a1 on the a52. Think they’re diverting off at Newark/a17 southbound?

Bloody hell that’s a mess … and Freshlinc again :unamused:

Northbound opened again at 1pm

If the Freshlinc artic has run into the back of the impact protection vehicle it’s lucky there weren’t any serious injuries as there would have probably been maintenance crews on the carriageway if the IPV was stopped or travelling slowly.
At least the crash cushion did it’s job, as without it the damage to both vehicles and the risk of injury would have been much worse.

Couple of more pics on BBC

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-li … e-32734104

Proves that those ipv’s really do work

no one injured surprised looking at them pics.

I was in a cpc course yesterday and ipv vehicles were part of the module , it’s surprising how many people don’t see them resulting in near misses.
we were shown two videos of artics hitting them at speed and in both clips the artics burst into flames after the impact!!
The lads who work on and around them have 2 seconds to get away as a claxon sounds when the ipv senses a collision is imminent !!

1FLEETRENEGADE:
The lads who work on and around them have 2 seconds to get away as a claxon sounds when the ipv senses a collision is imminent !!

No listening to music while working then:)

BBC east midlands have just shown live the queue on the A1 south and it clearly showed an artic as SARP blocking both lanes to stop traffic using both the open lanes leading up to a lane merge

Self Appointed Road Police = SARP

Contraflow:

Pass the T cut :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Contraflow:

First place at truckfest was …

… not this one :wink: :laughing:

I wonder if the apples were well cooked :unamused:

I’m surprised that fh stood up to the impact, the build quality in these is ■■■■

Let it burn a bit longer.
We’ll get it all on one trailer.