A1 Closed Grantham

Contraflow:

You could have posted this on the photo section in the ‘Volvo beauties’ thread.[emoji1]

ROG:
BBC east midlands have just shown live the queue on the A1 south and it clearly showed an artic as SARP blocking both lanes to stop traffic using both the open lanes leading up to a lane merge

Self Appointed Road Police = SARP

And well done that driver. Idiots leaving it to the last minute is the reason why merging lane sections grind to a hault.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ. What the [ZB] was the FreshLinski driver doing? (Pay peanuts, get monkeys)

How can you not see an IPV with flashing beacons, illuminated arrows, a HUGE blue directional indicator and of course those blindingly bright 2 flashing lights at the top?

Scary who we share the roads with at times.

trubster:
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ. What the [ZB] was the FreshLinski driver doing? (Pay peanuts, get monkeys)

How can you not see an IPV with flashing beacons, illuminated arrows, a HUGE blue directional indicator and of course those blindingly bright 2 flashing lights at the top?

Maybe the driver was too enthralled in conversation on their phone or watching a movie on the laptop

peirre:

trubster:

Maybe the driver was too enthralled in conversation on their phone or watching a movie on the laptop

Or fast asleep!

damoq:

Contraflow:

You could have posted this on the photo section in the ‘Volvo beauties’ thread.[emoji1]

Its back out @ 04.00 Monday, see what you can do pls :wink:

damoq:

Contraflow:

Its back out @ 04.00 Monday, see what you can do pls :wink:

war1974:
no one injured surprised looking at them pics.

it shows how far cab design and safety features built into them have come, if that was 20 years ago that would of certainly been a fatal

scotstrucker:

war1974:
no one injured surprised looking at them pics.

it shows how far cab design and safety features built into them have come, if that was 20 years ago that would of certainly been a fatal

TBF, I was thinking that myself, although somebody else was complaining of the build quality with these Volvo`s…

Hope the driver has recovered enough to explain what actually happened, and what he was actually doing prior to impact ?

I do complain about the build quality in these volvos, but I do understand why. For every pound spent on safety, a pound is cut from fixtures and fittings. For every pound spent on emissions technology, a pound is cut from refinement. If every pound was spent accordingly, they’d be £200k and they just wouldn’t sell them. I have the utmost faith I’d fair better in an accident than if I were in a 4 series, but that doesn’t change the fact that you have to pack the door frames with cloths to stop water streaming in the finger sized gap in the shuts, you can put your whole hand flat between the dash top and instrument cluster, although you do need a crow bar to get in the fuse box

OVLOV JAY:
I do complain about the build quality in these volvos, but I do understand why. For every pound spent on safety, a pound is cut from fixtures and fittings. For every pound spent on emissions technology, a pound is cut from refinement. If every pound was spent accordingly, they’d be £200k and they just wouldn’t sell them. I have the utmost faith I’d fair better in an accident than if I were in a 4 series, but that doesn’t change the fact that you have to pack the door frames with cloths to stop water streaming in the finger sized gap in the shuts, you can put your whole hand flat between the dash top and instrument cluster, although you do need a crow bar to get in the fuse box

I`ll stick to my FH13 480 then :open_mouth:

You`ve put me off mate :wink:

Far better tbh

OVLOV JAY:
Far better tbh

Agreed, lovely motor :sunglasses:

ajt:

ROG:
BBC east midlands have just shown live the queue on the A1 south and it clearly showed an artic as SARP blocking both lanes to stop traffic using both the open lanes leading up to a lane merge

Self Appointed Road Police = SARP

And well done that driver. Idiots leaving it to the last minute is the reason why merging lane sections grind to a hault.

Nope, your wrong and possibly one of these lane blocking idiots.
To be fair your probably young but to try and explain, first off your creating an obstruction to other emergency vehicles, then your creating a massive bottleneck and only helping the vehicles in front and yourself.

Traffic will merge when they are aware of the blockage ahead but some will travel as far as they can in the clear lane and merge when they can. Now add a self appointed ■■■■■■■■ to the mix and we have more bottlenecks let alone the fact this vehicle is heavy and slow.

Sometimes in these conditions its better just to hold station and go with the flow by obstructing the flow you are adding to the problem in your self appointed road warrior position.

Dipper_Dave:
Nope, your wrong and possibly one of these lane blocking idiots.

+1

+2 Zip merge is the way to go, keeps the traffic flow moving. Trouble is, some drivers can’t handle another driver getting in front of them :unamused:

trubster:

Another 1 smacked tonight i hear :imp:
A14 Godmanchester WestBound

m.cambridge-news.co.uk/A14-close … story.html

I was called to a OSM blow out on the A1M between J44-43 (I was there from 1330 to around 1430) and I had one of these vehicles sat behind me and the trailer I was working on, they also coned lane 1 off (sorry but it was an off side tire!) and after seeing these photos, i’m extremely grateful for them being around.

and fair play to the people who man them, must take balls of steel to work on them, and they must see some sights and close calls…