A word of caution

Some of the topics of discussion on here recently shouldn’t be on here or anywhere else on the net. I refer to people discussing some of the naughties they’ve been up to. Now I’m not claiming to be whiter than white 'cos I’m not, but recently i came across a story in the press where someone was bragging on some forum about their misdemeanours they’d got away with. Guess what ? Some plod tracked them down from the forum and NICKED them. Don’t say i didn’t tell you… :wink:

fair comment tartanraider.

Although I must point out that the “naughties” I have posted about are all about 10 years ago, and I have already recieved and served my punishment for them.

My hope is that others may learn from my mistakes and not make them themselves

Ever wonder why i always say i stick to 40 and say i never have infringements ■■?..

For no other reason than satisfying my curiosity, it would be good to know how many members are Officer’s. They would be a very good source of info.

you think i should change this

its alright its just a shunter :unamused: :wink:

jon

looks alright to me JB…just a little tyred :wink:

looks like ive missed something else… :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

CM:
For no other reason than satisfying my curiosity, it would be good to know how many members are Officer’s. They would be a very good source of info.

One of the moderator’s on here is a plod.

WHO?.

jonboy:

jon

What’s all those marks on the tyre?

If everyone confessed all of their sins I doubt there’d be a driver left with a license! I like to think I’ve learned from my past transgressions and am now a safer driver for having made one or two mistakes.

Punishment such as fines and points are meant to teach you a lesson, but if the ‘crime’ happened a while ago and you’ve already corrected your behaviour, being punished for it would just make you angry and resentful.

Though I do recognise that people shouldn’t get away with breaking the law willy-nilly, don’t get me wrong.

Its a difficult one to call.

And don’t forget the ■■■■■■■■ from the north east who was advertising he sold Charlie on Friends Reunited :smiley:

He is getting reunited with his freinds as we speak :stuck_out_tongue:

jonboy:

jon

OK, a bit of a ‘spotters’ answer but here goes!!

Even though it’s only the shunter, maybe the H&S would have a take on this i.e. the shunt truck has still got to be safe even though it’s not out on the public roads. If the shunter hit some one in the yard and the H&S investigators found the bald tyres (and there was any possibility that that could’ve had a bearing on the situation) they would make an issue of it!!

Sad but true! :cry:

jonboy:

jon

Ahh i can see from the tread that that is a standard issue Formula 1 multidrop wet weather racing tyre with at least a few 1000 drops left on it yet :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

simon

Rob K:

CM:

Rob, I’m assuming your referring to me. Something that I disclosed to you in a PM many, many, months ago, and something that Lucy mentioned recently in relation to a particular query.

Do you have a problem with that? Despite the fact the in the intervening seven, yes 7, years since retiring, I have been involved in not only driving, but also Transport Training, NVQ assessing, and other matters both within the Transport Industry and in relation to driver education generally. Whilst I still have an ‘eye’ for something untoward, so do many other people who visit these forums. Just as I will PM Dave Young or JenB if I spot anything of interest, then I will also email TruckPol when I see, as happened recently, ‘intelligence’ concerning a vehicle apparently accompanying a stolen livestock transporter.

As regards VOSA, I actually once went for a job interview with them where, it quickly became apparent that they had they’re heads so firmly stuck up their backsides that all they were interested in was figures. Ticking boxes to meet Government targets. They were not in the least interested in someone with surveillance and detective experience capable of infiltrating the ‘hard’ targets.

Their loss. Not mine.

:laughing:

Does my involvement make you feel ‘uncomfortable’?
:unamused:

tartanraider:
Some of the topics of discussion on here recently shouldn’t be on here or anywhere else on the net. I refer to people discussing some of the naughties they’ve been up to.

Now I’m not claiming to be whiter than white

'cos I’m not, but recently i came across a story in the press where someone was bragging on some forum about their misdemeanours they’d got away with. Guess what ? Some plod tracked them down from the forum and NICKED them. Don’t say i didn’t tell you… :wink:

Sorry,slip of the key there ,of course I’m clean as a whistle,honest guv! :laughing:

Krankee:

Rob K:

CM:

Rob, I’m assuming your referring to me. Something that I disclosed to you in a PM many, many, months ago, and something that Lucy mentioned recently in relation to a particular query.

Do you have a problem with that? Despite the fact the in the intervening seven, yes 7, years since retiring, I have been involved in not only driving, but also Transport Training, NVQ assessing, and other matters both within the Transport Industry and in relation to driver education generally. Whilst I still have an ‘eye’ for something untoward, so do many other people who visit these forums. Just as I will PM Dave Young or JenB if I spot anything of interest, then I will also email TruckPol when I see, as happened recently, ‘intelligence’ concerning a vehicle apparently accompanying a stolen livestock transporter.

As regards VOSA, I actually once went for a job interview with them where, it quickly became apparent that they had they’re heads so firmly stuck up their backsides that all they were interested in was figures. Ticking boxes to meet Government targets. They were not in the least interested in someone with surveillance and detective experience capable of infiltrating the ‘hard’ targets.

Their loss. Not mine.

:laughing:

I stand corrected then - ex plod. I don’t recall mentioning any names though.

Doesn’t bother me one iota re the last bit.

jonboy:

jon

I have been pulled by DOT over here and had less tread than that on the trailer and they said nothing :exclamation:

Krankee:

There has to be one to maintain equilibrium, and at least we know you :slight_smile:

Most forums I am have at least one serving police officer and one retired. Statistically you’re here :slight_smile:

At least we don’t have a jumped up little squirt who things we all should be banned outright… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Did you get to keep your uniform or did that have to go back :smiley: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Why worry who does what or is any thing ,we are all members of a trucker site just trying to better our selves where we have not enough knowledge and by passing on to others any tips we can that we have learnt or been taught whilist working, JUST A LITLE OFF TREAD PERHAPS BUT
when the father of the now king of Jordon WAS on the air as a Amateur
radio-operator, he never thought to say who is was ,WHY because it does not matter,There are more than likely persons who members but work in the
enforcement field in one way or the other, it is illrevelent as we are not intrested in what a person DOES-or DID in that respect we are intrested in the member for her or him self, so forget anything else,