A road bridge to Northern Ireland?

This old chestnut has popped up again, it should be feasible, if other countries can tackle the problems successfully we should be able to. Oh wait a minute :unamused: :unamused: That £1.35billion structure crossing the Forth is closed until (possibly) Wednesday! Why? Unforseen weather conditions making it dangerous!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Am I missing something here? Regards Kev. :confused: :confused:

Give the guy a break, no-one could have predicted Wintry conditions in fifty five degrees of North.

Spend an extra ten quid on putting air foils on the deck? Or sides and a roof?

is there any point in this really? i mean connecting England and France or Denmark and Sweden you are connecting major population centers and major economies, connecting Scotland to Irelands not in the same league

chrisdalott:
is there any point in this really? i mean connecting England and France or Denmark and Sweden you are connecting major population centers and major economies, connecting Scotland to Irelands not in the same league

Connecting Fishguard to Rosslare makes more sense, logistically.
Now, that would be a bridge and a half!

kevmac47:
This old chestnut has popped up again, it should be feasible, if other countries can tackle the problems successfully we should be able to. Oh wait a minute :unamused: :unamused: That £1.35billion structure crossing the Forth is closed until (possibly) Wednesday! Why? Unforseen weather conditions making it dangerous!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Am I missing something here? Regards Kev. :confused: :confused:

The problem is there’s icicles lumps of.ice on the bridge. as the melt theyare falling onto the cars.
And I wouldt fancy a huge lump.of ice falling on my windscreen

the only way itl happen is if they strike oil in ballymena.

At least the illegals will be able to walk in and not have to catch a fridge :open_mouth:

Beau Nydel:
At least the illegals will be able to walk in and not have to catch a fridge :open_mouth:

The vast majority of illegal immigrants in the UK come in by plane, train and boat.
They enter perfectly legally, but overstay.
Of course that isn’t very dramatic, and doesn’t sell news site advertising.

You just need to believe. If you believe it will all be good in the end :wink:

Beau Nydel:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what a shock they will get making it up all the way from rosslaire and dublin then coming into stranraer and listening to the low gene pool dialect of the locals…they will think they bypassed the uk and walked back to bosnia by mistake. :slight_smile:

What would happen then if you were half way across and it gets shut to high sided vehicles ? :question: :laughing:

Tooz:
What would happen then if you were half way across and it gets shut to high sided vehicles ? :question: [emoji38]

Pull a “U” turn, obviously.

they will only close it from scotland,the paddys and tangs will just crack on as normal… iron hoof beanos :laughing:

Maybe a link to the I o W could be done first ?

Why would it happen now with Brexit, build a bridge to service what, with the Republicans taking over it won’t be long till it’s all 32 countries, its a sure thing happening down the Road

Sooner see a bridge than HS2 or HS3 built

Wheel Nut:
Sooner see a bridge than HS2 or HS3 built

Even if it was serious a bridge it would be closed half the year with winds
Now a tunnel that would be good Belfast to Paris and beyond

If they manage to build a bridge between Scotland and NI they should call it the “Felixstowe Bridge” Because any breeze greater than a sneeze and it’ll be shut :laughing:

You not having a pop at fxo dockers are you pierre?