A question for VOSA peeps

…If there are any reps of VOSA on here, some advice would be appreciated.
I am not looking to get into an argument, cause any trouble or even open a debate on here.
My take on State authority is that I will not cmmunicate with them in any way, no speech period. The Police usually get fed up with it and send you on your way. Now, my question is, when VOSA give me a pull and I adopt the same attitude, what are they going to do?
I really mean that I will not speak and will not let them have access to the inside of my truck.
Thats it really…

att:
will not let them have access to the inside of my truck.

I don’t know what legal rights VOSA have to enter your truck but if none then they would probably call the police who do have the legal right if they can find a reason - and they can always find one !!

VOSTAPOs need i say more!! say all [zb] all, good on ya att :wink:

I once had a copper tell me his dog could enter my wagon to do a sniff search, I told him no offence I like dogs but that mutt aint coming in here although he had my full permission for him to strip my lorry, anyways after a 20min stand off of yes no yes no he finally let me on my way without a search of the cab, a sniffer dog in sight, a check of the cards etc etc… I had nothing to hide, certainly no drugs, its the fact that I didnt want a hairy brute with mucky paws into my HOME although his threats of I WILL COME IN THERE AND RIP EVERYTHING OUT didnt even bother me… Anyways he didnt bother. STand your ground, although if youve nothing to hide your best just letting them having there merry way as long as it aint putting you out.

att:
…If there are any reps of VOSA on here, some advice would be appreciated.
I am not looking to get into an argument, cause any trouble or even open a debate on here.
My take on State authority is that I will not cmmunicate with them in any way, no speech period. The Police usually get fed up with it and send you on your way. Now, my question is, when VOSA give me a pull and I adopt the same attitude, what are they going to do?
I really mean that I will not speak and will not let them have access to the inside of my truck.
Thats it really…

Other than giving your name and address i don’t think you do actually have to speak to any of them. Thats up to you. I would guess if you deny them access to your cab they would lock you up. They have a right to enter it.

please do try that over the water in say France, or Belgian
and also perhaps Munster or Bavaria Germany, please let us know as
I would love a front seat, They have a job to do and if you
are so fixed in your view then its time to get another job
Some one has to do the job of checking drivers and vehicles
to suppress the illegal use thereof

I was stopped and checked by the customs many years ago in Ramsgate
the guy asked to search my cabin, with out even me saying any thing
he removed his boots and went in with just his socks on,
when ever i have been stopped where ever and who ever
be it GB;F;FINN; or else where they have been excellent
so sorry me i can,t find fault with with any of em,

Brit Pete your either talking ■■■■■ or very lucky as no VOSA person in this country removes there shoes… You must be on some strong Marijuana tonight or been vry lucky with whom who has stopped you… You have to laugh sometimes at this forum… Next you’ll be telling me VOSA made you burger and chips, made you coffee and also put you in a hotel for the night whilst they searched your lorry etc etc…

Try reading the post it says CUSTOMS ,okay and also
when the vosa has gone into my cabin to check the taco
sorry again no problems ,

i came past the vosa check site on the M74 at beattock and it was absolutely full to bursting.i noticed one of the vehicles later going through dumfries ( about 1pm) that got pulled in,and his truck looked as full then as it did earlier that morning in the vosa site.I thought surely that wasn’t him just being cleared fae beattock,and if so surely the company can make a complaint to vosa for holding their driver for that long :question: or would they be wasting their time :question: It looked to me that vosa didn’t have enough staff on site to cover the amount of trucks they had waiting,which i think is a total disgrace,and it’s about time someone monitored vosa and fined them accordingly.

brit pete:
Try reading the post it says CUSTOMS ,okay and also
when the vosa has gone into my cabin to check the taco
sorry again no problems ,

calm down my dear it’s only internet chat. :laughing: :laughing:

its just a bit annoying that the post was not read correctly
before replying still why worry :smiley: :smiley:

probably read through beer goggles :laughing:

I have never had a problem with vosa i run 100% legal and on the few occasions i have been stopped they have always been polite and respectful to me so i think they got a right to that in return at the end of the day they have got a job to do and if you have done nothing wrong o cant see what your problem is you would soon complain if they wasn’t there and one of your family got killed by an over tired driver of an unroadworthy vehicle if people didnt break the rules and kept there trucks in good order then there would be no need for them yes i know its only the minority that are bad eggs but they still have to be checked

I don’t understand most of this thread or life in general.

VOSA, Ambulance Drivers, Police, Customs, Coastguards etc are there to help, they are there to keep an eye on the bad lads. Threads on here by drivers & company directors about: "cash collectors, idiots, benefit cheats, preventing men earning, preventing an inspector checking the records

Yesterday I had reason to visit my local Citizens Advice Bureau, these people are volunteers who give up a lot of time to help and advise, they have had to have panic buttons fitted, there are notices around warning of the rising attacks on staff. What is this, it is the same in hospitals, doctors surgeries, gobshytes preventing staff doing a worthwhile job. Security men on hospitals and government buildings due to attacks on staff.

If you have nothing to hide VOSA will normally pass a cursory glance over the truck, if you have a “fuse blown” paperclips and unexplained scratches on the dash, they are doing there job well if they investigate it.

OK. There may be a few bad eggs, there is a zb rotten chicken in most folks attitude to others in modern society

I cannot understand anyone who would stay tight lipped just cos theyve been pulled by someone in authority, the way i see it is Vosa have the right to inspect records, and the old paper discs could just be handed to them, but with a digi they would have to get in the cab to download the vehicle movements, so in my opinion, they have the right to enter you cab.
As for the numpty being sarcastic about `brit pete, and the customs who took his shoes off, it does happen, and as for a meal, i had Vosa make me 2 sausage rolls and a cup of tea.
Bit of a story but i was carrying hazard material, got pulled on the A303, where Vosa had a barbeque going, i had got a GV9 for a faulty spring hanger ( the vehicle had been for MOT the previous day ) and i had the certificate with me, so was waiting for scania to come out to fix it, ( couldnt be tightened cos the thread was knackered) so was waiting for a replacement, when i asked vosa for something to eat, they pointed to the local pub ( which sold food and drink ( tea and coffee) but i told them if they didnt supply me, i would force them to close the barby because of the fire risk…2 sausage rolls and a nice cup of tea was carried over to me…boom…boom…it does happen.

truckyboy:
where Vosa had a barbeque going

now there’s an idea !!!

due to the fact that i look like a criminal, i get pulled a lot. or is it the irish plates? :laughing:
i have only had one vosa person in the cab, and she was prety fit.
if they want to sit and have a chat, then that’s ok. if they want to do a search, then they get a warrant. simple.

limeyphil:
due to the fact that i look like a criminal, i get pulled a lot. or is it the irish plates? :laughing:
i have only had one vosa person in the cab, and she was prety fit.

So VOSA actually do BBQ’s and they also supply fit looking female inspectors who want to get in the cab with us?.Now we know why so many foreign drivers are trying to get pulled up by VOSA for an inspection.If ever I’m running a wagon in future I’ll make sure that it looks a right scruffy heap so that I can get pulled in for an inspection as often as possible.

pete-b:
probably read through beer goggles :laughing:

Your right there… Fully intoxicated…

truckyboy:
Vosa had a barbeque going,.

That is the quote of the century truckboy.

These emoticons couldnt justify the laughter im going through right now… What a total crock of turd… Vosa at the roadside with a BBQ going?? WTF?? Did they have a camp fire, guitars and singing KOOMBAYA MA LORD??

Are you for real truckyboy or am I still in the land of intoxication?